Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:17 am
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:17 am 41 Tory rebels will vote against the vaccine passport as will the Lib Dem MP. (Maybe they have 2 ? Not sure). Depends on how Labour vote. It could get defeated.
Serious question Alan

What is the significance of this so called vaccine passport ?
What is the matter with a piece of paper saying you’ve had a jab ?
Why would anybody , including Members of Parliament , object to it ?

How is it harmful to anybody and what damage would it do ?

Why are there disputes about it ?
It's actually not needed. If the Home Office database is linked to the relevant patient NHS database then that information would all be available during any normal customs check automatically.

When people think about a vaccine passport they imagine the need to create something new. If people are talking about a domestic vaccine pass to allow entry to specific retail sectors then that's something different entirely. As Palerider notes, it would become largely meaningless, like track 'n trace..

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Omicron is an anagram of moronic

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:17 pm
What that geezer didn't say is 'it's only a flu while the threat level remains like a flu' should a variant start putting people into the ICU in numbers then the whole lockdown cycle will be repeated.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:22 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:17 pm
What that geezer didn't say is 'it's only a flu while the threat level remains like a flu' should a variant start putting people into the ICU in numbers then the whole lockdown cycle will be repeated.
The old variant threat, there have been a few of those now BD and yet death rates are through the floor.

I smell a ???

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:22 pm
The old variant threat, there have been a few of those now BD and yet death rates are through the floor.

I smell a ???
Our vaccination program has suppressed our overall infection rate and works pretty well in combating the UK Kent variant. In Europe with a much lower 5% vaccination cover the UK variant is rampaging away.

What's required is a swiss-army-knife type of vaccine that covers all variations of mutation. However that's probably just being greedy.

Strangely enough as reported in Scientific America,the bog standard ordinary cold virus protects against C19. The cold virus is a single cell inhabitor, meaning it literally throws out anything lurking inside a cell and then shuts the cell door,baring admission. The problem here, is a cold virus only lasts for 72 hours...but you would be protected for that period.

Therefore theoretically, if one were to contract C19 and within 12 hours after, contract a cold; the cold would chuck C19 out of the cells it had infected and take up residence itself. It's a meanie,no sharing from a cold.

Of course no one catches colds these days...the old simple pleasures...all gone

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:59 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 pm

I smell a ???
Our vaccination program has suppressed our overall infection rate and works pretty well in combating the UK Kent variant. In Europe with a much lower 5% vaccination cover the UK variant is rampaging away.

What's required is a swiss-army-knife type of vaccine that covers all variations of mutation. However that's probably just being greedy.

Strangely enough as reported in Scientific America,the bog standard ordinary cold virus protects against C19. The cold virus is a single cell inhabitor, meaning it literally throws out anything lurking inside a cell and then shuts the cell door,baring admission. The problem here, is a cold virus only lasts for 72 hours...but you would be protected for that period.

Therefore theoretically, if one were to contract C19 and within 12 hours after, contract a cold; the cold would chuck C19 out of the cells it had infected and take up residence itself. It's a meanie,no sharing from a cold.

I have, along with the rest of my family caught a common cold, we just didn't get a shit test that showed we had succumbed to a corona virus and added to the bullshit criteria.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:10 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:59 pm

I have, along with the rest of my family caught a common cold, we just didn't get a shit test that showed we had succumbed to a corona virus and added to the bullshit criteria.
I had a test this morning,but like you,I think it`s the common cold.With rules and regulations at my work(and the country) place,I wouldn't be able to go to work coughing.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:39 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:10 pm

I had a test this morning,but like you,I think it`s the common cold.With rules and regulations at my work(and the country) place,I wouldn't be able to go to work coughing.
It's hay fever season now and I suffer badly.

You should see the soppy cunts diving out of the way when I'm out walking.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:50 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:39 am

Try taking a stroll through Richmond Park wearing a Fred West mask and see the reaction...it's not welcoming...and a mask is a mask after all and anyway these were cheap...

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 am
palerider wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:50 am

Try taking a stroll through Richmond Park wearing a Fred West mask and see the reaction...it's not welcoming...and a mask is a mask after all and anyway these were cheap...
🤣🤣
COYI!!!