Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

So,Russia are searching around doing whatever...to find a cure/antidote for Corvid ,and the West and it's Media outlets
are going garrity over it.....Am I missing something here...it's a worldwide pandemic,and the "WORLD" needs to find a cure,
thought "ALL" information on was to be shared.....
But now it seems it's becoming a Kudos- Financial- Political gain thing.....seriously WTF is wrong ...

Hate Drug companies with a passion....no way will they share info,they will be looking at the Financial side,I'm wondering
how much political power these arsewipes have at the moment....they will release so much in appearance of looking
to being helpful and complying..possibly their countries of origin will back them up....seems thats whats happening here.

I'm absolutely no fan of Russian Politics and some of it's shenanigans....but isn't finding a cure for this shit of a thing beyond
Money and Political gain..

TBH if I was leader of a powerful country and my people were dying,and someone was holding out on a potential cure,
I'd be sending the fucking tanks in to get it...let alone a bit of computer hacking...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 am
Hate Drug companies with a passion....no way will they share info,they will be looking at the Financial side,I'm wondering
how much political power these arsewipes have at the moment....t
Surely you're not advocating nationalisation of the pharmaceutical industry. ;)

I'm going to have to lie down. ;)

I know you , like me, are basically a conservative (small "c") but I did wonder on reading this if, because the present government has embarked on a spending spree far greater than even fucking Corbyn advocated you had changed your affiliations when I saw this post.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:15 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 am
how much political power these arsewipes have at the moment....t

I know you , like me, are basically a conservative (small "c") but I did wonder on reading this if, because the present government has embarked on a spending spree far greater than even fucking Corbyn advocated you had changed your affiliations when I saw this post.
Nah I'm a Big C...whisky...... :lol:

It's the one thing I question about Nationalising which I'm dead against....The Turnover and Profit margins of these guys is
phenomenal..I'm all for making Profits..but this when linked to peoples health.... it's just gone outta kilter...
Check out how much of the money we give the NHS goes to them....it's bordering on extortion...they'll have the
drug available...but wont release it and sell till they have the right contract and price for it...lots of other stuff
not right as well...
Is why if was me ,I'd be very concerned about giving the NHS billions more...we can do it...they need it...but the
Drug companies start rubbing their hands..Said before the money everyone wants us to give them,and do..
(they are well funded...just not used right)...doesn't go where it should.

So if there was way to see the manufacturing of drugs brought in house...or at least with some serious controls,I'd be
happier...but another prob is because of the high Profits they make...they Obviously have Big Big serious investors,
And a lot of people Pension Portfolios,would be liked to Management funds that have money with them...

The catch 22 vicious circle shit again......It has the would by the balls at times...

The Whole Worlds borrowing like crazy mate.....Check Germanys out...going thru the roof......but because everyones
borrowing at same time...essentially from each other....hopefully the damage wont be to bad....prob where gonna
have..Europe...the West.....some... well lots of third world countries will be in Serious shit,we're gonna have to find
ways of bailing them out...cos they will need the funds more than us....cos their lives depend on it....whereas,
we might have to cut back on our shopping bills a bit....bit of an exaggeration ....we're gonna lose a million jobs
prob...and desperately sorry...but we'll cope...people wont starve to death on the back of this,others maybe will...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:02 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:15 pm

It's the one thing I question about Nationalising which I'm dead against....The Turnover and Profit margins of these guys is
phenomenal..I'm all for making Profits..but this when linked to peoples health.... it's just gone outta kilter...
Check out how much of the money we give the NHS goes to them....it's bordering on extortion...they'll have the
drug available...but wont release it and sell till they have the right contract and price for it...lots of other stuff
not right as well...
Is why if was me ,I'd be very concerned about giving the NHS billions more...we can do it...they need it...but the
Drug companies start rubbing their hands..Said before the money everyone wants us to give them,and do..

So if there was way to see the manufacturing of drugs brought in house...or at least with some serious controls,I'd be
happier...but another prob is because of the high Profits they make...they Obviously have Big Big serious investors,
And a lot of people Pension Portfolios,would be liked to Management funds that have money with them...

The catch 22 vicious circle shit again......It has the would by the balls at times...

The Whole Worlds borrowing like crazy mate.....Check Germanys out...going thru the roof......but because everyones
borrowing at same time...essentially from each other....hopefully the damage wont be to bad....prob where gonna
have..Europe...the West.....some... well lots of third world countries will be in Serious shit,we're gonna have to find
ways of bailing them out...cos they will need the funds more than us....cos their lives depend on it....whereas,
we might have to cut back on our shopping bills a bit....bit of an exaggeration ....we're gonna lose a million jobs
prob...and desperately sorry...but we'll cope...people wont starve to death on the back of this,others maybe will...
The thing we often overlook about "Big Pharma" is their expenditure on R & D. They spend millions on it and sometimes there is zero return if the product doesn't work or the research goes tits up.

And regarding contract prices in any business the buyer is king and holds most of the aces. No contract basically equals no sale, which of course equals no shareholder returns in the long run. But the NHS, like any other bloated government run apparatus, doesn't run it's purchasing systems like properly run private sector industries. Basically because bloated government run organisations don't have to be efficient. Like local authorities they simply spend their allotted budgets and then demand more claiming it's insufficient. And of course they usually get it.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:08 pm
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:02 am

not right as well...

The thing we often overlook about "Big Pharma" is their expenditure on R & D. They spend millions on it and sometimes there is zero return if the product doesn't work or the research goes tits up.

And regarding contract prices in any business the buyer is king and holds most of the aces. No contract basically equals no sale, which of course equals no shareholder returns in the long run. But the NHS, like any other bloated government run apparatus, doesn't run it's purchasing systems like properly run private sector industries. Basically because bloated government run organisations don't have to be efficient. Like local authorities they simply spend their allotted budgets and then demand more claiming it's insufficient. And of course they usually get it.
Think the R&D stuff is more than covered by the fact they'll flog a drug that cost a quid to make, a ton to the NHS...
thats not exaggeration...
All for Companies making Big money...end of the day they employ thousands of people...pay Millions in Taxes...
and keep the Stock Market lively....in all a win win..

It's just a Moral Dilemma with them.....there's proven cases of people waiting for a drug...a drug that will cost the NHS
a 100 Gs a year....for one Person!!!!....And they held out releasing it for nearly 12 months cos terms could't be agreed..
They don't release any R&D stuff to anyone else...cos of competition to get the "Best" Drug/treatment for themselves
it's done for purely financial reasons...

Was a case a while back, Pfizers...had a rheumatism drug...was a very good possibility ...it could have helped with
Alzheimer's....but they scraped any further investigation/research...cos was not cost effective...and refused to release
any research they had made into it..

Like this thing at the moment....Russians having to bloody hack into systems...to get info on a life saving drug
against Covid......Surely any info that can help peoples lives even save them....should maybe be beyond all the
commercial shit...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Anyway , about this virus ...
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

No players chastised for flobbing yet which I find strange .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

So now if I go to Tescos I have to wear one of those stupid fucking masks. Unless I'm eating food in the cafe there. Or having a haitcut in the barber shop franchise in store. Or if I'm suffering from a mental condition which means I can't wear one, although I didn't know there was a mental condition relating to face coverings.

And if I'm in the fruit and veg department I can still handle the fruit on display, even though I might have taken a fucking dump and not washed my hands after wiping my arse. I'm fucking sure the government are making up these rules on the hoof. Seems to be absolutely no scientific rationale whatsoever behind it.

One question Mr Hancock. If it is so fucking important for me to cover my face while shopping, why have I been able to go shopping, if I wanted to, every day since you announced this new regulation (probably regulation no 952) without one until tomorrow ?

The "new normal" FFS. :x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:47 pm So now if I go to Tescos I have to wear one of those stupid fucking masks. Unless I'm eating food in the cafe there. Or having a haitcut in the barber shop franchise in store. Or if I'm suffering from a mental condition which means I can't wear one, although I didn't know there was a mental condition relating to face coverings.

And if I'm in the fruit and veg department I can still handle the fruit on display, even though I might have taken a fucking dump and not washed my hands after wiping my arse. I'm fucking sure the government are making up these rules on the hoof. Seems to be absolutely no scientific rationale whatsoever behind it.

One question Mr Hancock. If it is so fucking important for me to cover my face while shopping, why have I been able to go shopping, if I wanted to, every day since you announced this new regulation (probably regulation no 952) without one until tomorrow ?

Which shops sell face masks Whisk ? Any idea ?

Cos I’m going to need one if I need to pop into a shop arent I ?

I wonder if I’ll be allowed into the shop to buy a face mask without a face mask ?

Ffs what a bunch of Cunts our Government are .

How long has this fucking Virus been around now ?

And the masks are JUST now compulsory ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:47 pm So now if I go to Tescos I have to wear one of those stupid fucking masks. Unless I'm eating food in the cafe there. Or having a haitcut in the barber shop franchise in store. Or if I'm suffering from a mental condition which means I can't wear one, although I didn't know there was a mental condition relating to face coverings.

Which shops sell face masks Whisk ? Any idea ?

Cos I’m going to need one if I need to pop into a shop arent I ?

I wonder if I’ll be allowed into the shop to buy a face mask without a face mask ?

Ffs what a bunch of Cunts our Government are .

How long has this fucking Virus been around now ?

And the masks are JUST now compulsory ?
Apparently Tescos are going to sell them and I suppose others will as well. But many stores, Sainsbury's is one, are saying they won't ask their staff to challenge "non wearers" to avoid confrontation.

I make you right. It's been around just over 6 months now and worldwide the number of deaths is just over half a million. Which is about 5% of the total who have died from heart diseases during the same period, or just over 10% of the number who have died from malnutrition or starvation. And fuck knows how many more people have died from cancers because of treatment being delayed or cancelled to cater for people with coronavirus.

Imo the whole fucking up of our lifestyle, not to mention the economy and loss of peoples livelihoods, has been a total over reaction. And isn't it also worth asking how many of the health professionals who have died "from Covid 19" have died because of the constant exposure to it because of people rushing to hospital because they've got a fucking cough.

The government, not just ours because it seems to be the case pretty much everywhere, has managed to instill a sense of panic into the population at large, presumably to ensure people comply with the "new normal" directives being imposed.