Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

I read that Israel were good and strict with their lockdown. They eased it and all were behaved. Couple of weeks later people had relaxed and now It's twice as bad as it was before lockdown.

Cases going up again elsewhere too. The only care the government's have are for the health services AND the economy. I get the economy has to get up and running again but unfortunately people these days in general have a problem with rules and guidelines and do what they want. Sadly people need to be treated like children or prisoners for them to understand (or at least behave) and until that or a vaccine arrives, this thing ain't gonna get better or go away.

I'm still not working. Can't wait to get back out there, but if or when I do, I certainly won't be acting like the idiots at the pubs or beaches. I'll be taking the sensible precautions of gloves, masks and sanitiser like any other normal human being
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:21 am It's going really bad..worldwide...far far from ending,getting on top of it...cases and deaths are worse than ever been,
and getting worse.....record amounts everyday 200,000+ new cases yesterday 5,000 "Reported deaths"...thats 3 times
as many as what we called our peak..(Europe)

And what do our media report on....can we get fuckin haircuts or not..............Sums them up totally..........

I have to watch RT News and Al Jazeera and others...to find out whats really going on....ITV/BBC/SKY...more interested
in Eastenders...whens Love Island gonna start filming again.....
5,000 a day sounds a lot, and probably is, until you compare it with:
Roughly 50,000 deaths a day worldwide from various heart conditions
Roughly 28,000 deaths a day from various cancers
Roughly 25,000 deaths a day from starvation or other nutritional issues.

It's all relative. And on a positive note Mrs W's GP friend told her that her surgery has lost 11 patients , from a total of just over 12,000, whose deaths can be attributed to the virus.

Tbh I'm also a little bit suspicious about the expression "died while testing positive for coronavirus". Whic isn't quite the same as saying "died from coronavirus" is it ? I know statistics can be massaged to prove pretty much anything you want but it is just a bit confusing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:21 am It's going really bad..worldwide...far far from ending,getting on top of it...cases and deaths are worse than ever been,
and getting worse.....record amounts everyday 200,000+ new cases yesterday 5,000 "Reported deaths"...thats 3 times
as many as what we called our peak..(Europe)

And what do our media report on....can we get fuckin haircuts or not..............Sums them up totally..........

I have to watch RT News and Al Jazeera and others...to find out whats really going on....ITV/BBC/SKY...more interested
in Eastenders...whens Love Island gonna start filming again.....

It's all relative. And on a positive note Mrs W's GP friend told her that her surgery has lost 11 patients , from a total of just over 12,000, whose deaths can be attributed to the virus.

Tbh I'm also a little bit suspicious about the expression "died while testing positive for coronavirus". Whic isn't quite the same as saying "died from coronavirus" is it ? I know statistics can be massaged to prove pretty much anything you want but it is just a bit confusing.
Yeah agree mate I've banged on about priorities on here already.....the prob with this is ..it's going thru the roof
world wide....in densely populated poor countries without as good a medical back up as we have..
The worry is...wheres it going....hearing reports of new strains of it now..
12,000,000 cases at moment...half a Mill deaths...which you can double..so has a Million in 4 months 3 Million a year and increasing
by about 30% a month or so..

It's the unknown with this ..is the worry still...cos we.. Europe that is will contain it....but he countries that will kop it
are the countries with probs with the high death rates you mention...it could say eventually get everyone in Yemen,cos
they have nothing to fight it with..and no one cares....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Yeah agree mate I've banged on about priorities on here already.....the prob with this is ..it's going thru the roof
world wide....in densely populated poor countries without as good a medical back up as we have..
12,000,000 cases at moment...half a Mill deaths...which you can double..so has a Million in 4 months 3 Million a year and increasing

It's the unknown with this ..is the worry still...cos we.. Europe that is will contain it....but he countries that will kop it
are the countries with probs with the high death rates you mention...it could say eventually get everyone in Yemen,cos
One of the UK vaccines in trial looks very encouraging.It uses a tiny piece of genetic code and can be created in massive volume for a couple of quid a dose.

If that was successful then a world cure would have been found. Results expected in 20 weeks

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Unfortunate fact of life that poorer countries=poorer people=inferior health and so the spiral continues. That's just a fact of life. Same as malnutrition. Millions die from it every year but only in poor areas.

And your own figure. Half a million deaths. But 12 million cases. That's around 4%. Fuck all in the overall scheme of things. And how many of those deaths were caused by the virus as opposed to people dying who were positive with it? Does anyone know ? Personally I doubt i

And what about the people whose livelihoods have been totally wiped out by the lockdown ? How many people are suffering from the impact of being unable to provide properly for their families.? What is the impact of that kind of stress on the people less able to cope.?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Yeah well I’m now in fully fledged self pity mode and I’m sick to the back teeth of reading and hearing about this fucking virus .

I’m having to stand still for 8 hours a day packing bottles of beer for fucking peanuts alongside DOZENS of “people” in close proximity (apparently I’m a key worker whatever the fuck that is), the shops , the streets and even the parks are so congested that you’d think there had never been any sort of lockdown , and the worst of all , the crowning turd in the water pipe , our family holiday has finally been cancelled ...

Well actually it’s the flights been cancelled .
I’m told I can still go on holiday next month if I fancy walking to Egypt ffs...

So I’m a tad depressed at the moment ...

All because some Bat eating slant-eyed Cunt sneezed over Palerider !

Fuck it !
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 am Yeah well I’m now in fully fledged self pity mode and I’m sick to the back teeth of reading and hearing about this fucking virus .

I’m having to stand still for 8 hours a day packing bottles of beer for fucking peanuts alongside DOZENS of “people” in close proximity (apparently I’m a key worker whatever the fuck that is), the shops , the streets and even the parks are so congested that you’d think there had never been any sort of lockdown , and the worst of all , the crowning turd in the water pipe , our family holiday has finally been cancelled ...

I’m told I can still go on holiday next month if I fancy walking to Egypt ffs...

Fuck it !
I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament Tim, but you are correct. I could be the 'super-spreader'.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed my name.

I hope that at least you got your money back.

Bat-eating cunts indeed.

We're all doomed.

The Lighthouse, a pikey pub in Burnham, about 40 minutes from me,and a hang-out for vagabonds, scoundrels and n'er do wells, threw open it's doors on Saturday and within hours had infected a local scrote who in turn infected a vaping shop and an Indian takeaway place.

I myself waited until Monday before imbibing and to be fair, the measures taken at the country pub I visited were strict but not draconian.

But it's as certain as the Messiah managing us next season, that in winter another spike will strike, if not before, having seen scenes of mindless arsewipes partying. And the dusky community wonder why they're hit the hardest ffs.

The Premier League will play on though.

To keep morale high.

God bless 'em.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Unfortunate fact of life that poorer countries=poorer people=inferior health and so the spiral continues. That's just a fact of life. Same as malnutrition. Millions die from it every year but only in poor areas.

And your own figure. Half a million deaths. But 12 million cases. That's around 4%. Fuck all in the overall scheme of things. And how many of those deaths were caused by the virus as opposed to people dying who were positive with it? Does anyone know ? Personally I doubt i

And what about the people whose livelihoods have been totally wiped out by the lockdown ? How many people are suffering from the impact of being unable to provide properly for their families.? What is the impact of that kind of stress on the people less able to cope.?
Totally onboard on what your saying mate...couldn't agree more....this things got us between a rock and a hard place...
Must Must Control it cos of the unknown...but by same token we UK,Europe,China,USA,Aus/NZ,Canada..others,must open
up and trade...all those countries will eventually get it under control...but will the 3rd World poorer countries,if it's not
eradicated there ..it will not only potentially kill half their populations,but will keep finding a way out,to the "Wealthier"
Countries...so even if we don' give a shit about the poor Bastards...for our own benefit,us lot .....CHINA Especially,should
be doing all they can to help them out.

Came across this yesterday...good read for anyone not seen it.....shocked really BBC not being Political bout something.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/ewsu2g ... hina-wuhan

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 am Yeah well I’m now in fully fledged self pity mode and I’m sick to the back teeth of reading and hearing about this fucking virus .
What is remarkable is how people repeat the same mistake. Melbourne is heading into a six weeks lock down and it's residents have reacted by panic buying,exactly the same pattern of behaviour as the last time. Pathetic and an example of how people do really learn nothing from their previous experiences.

And then we have the politicians. "The nation is with you and will be with you every day". Absolute nonsense. The nation will carry on and be completely unaffected by peoples concerns in the city of Melbourne. All they will do,is postpone any visit.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Fuck it !
Now that I know you are involved with the packing of beer, a key job if ever there was one, may I send my heartfelt thanks you and your fellow packers sir. Your country is grateful.