Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:06 am The government - Johnson - are pushing the idea that,missing school is worse than the virus. So could we then say,that missing anything is also worse than the virus. Should the government's new autumn message be: Missing things is Bad. Getting the virus is not as bad as missing things.

How popular would that make Johnson. And England would finally be grate again
England/Britain great again ? Imo that boat has sailed far over the horizon. But on a serious note I think the message should be catching any disease isn't nice so be sensible, take precautions but if you do catch it don't panic because, even though you MIGHT feel pretty rough for a few days you'll be as good as new in a short while.

Let's have some positivity FFS. This thing doesn't come anywhere close to killing the millions that, for example, heart disease, cancers and malnutrition do every year. And we still don't know (does anybody ?) how many people the virus is DIRECTLY responsible for killing. I read the other day of a bloke in Northampton who was sadly knocked off his bike and killed. He had been tested for the virus and was recorded as a "virus related death". Misleading ? Certainly. Deliberately misleading ? Make your own minds up..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A government report says widespread Abuse of the furlough system has taken place :lol:

Who’d have thought that would fucking happen.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:42 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:06 am The government - Johnson - are pushing the idea that,missing school is worse than the virus. So could we then say,that missing anything is also worse than the virus. Should the government's new autumn message be: Missing things is Bad. Getting the virus is not as bad as missing things.

How popular would that make Johnson. And England would finally be grate again
England/Britain great again ? Imo that boat has sailed far over the horizon. But on a serious note I think the message should be catching any disease isn't nice so be sensible, take precautions but if you do catch it don't panic because, even though you MIGHT feel pretty rough for a few days you'll be as good as new in a short while.

Let's have some positivity FFS. This thing doesn't come anywhere close to killing the millions that, for example, heart disease, cancers and malnutrition do every year. And we still don't know (does anybody ?) how many people the virus is DIRECTLY responsible for killing. I read the other day of a bloke in Northampton who was sadly knocked off his bike and killed. He had been tested for the virus and was recorded as a "virus related death". Misleading ? Certainly. Deliberately misleading ? Make your own minds up..
As soon as the conservatives can scrape Johnson off their shoe and install Sunak as leader the better they will be. The question for them is,how much damage can that fucking idiot do before that happens. I'm guessing a huge amount.It's one of those unique periods in history.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:57 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:42 pm

As soon as the conservatives can scrape Johnson off their shoe and install Sunak as leader the better they will be. The question for them is,how much damage can that fucking idiot do before that happens. I'm guessing a huge amount.It's one of those unique periods in history.
Speaking as someone who usually votes conservative I am inclined to agree. Johnson isn't just a buffoon, he is also a duplicitous buffoon as he showed when he saw an opportunity for personal advancement over the Brexit issue under Cameron's leadership. But because of the party's massive majority it will take something pretty seismic to get rid of the fucking iidiot.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

I fear the worst is yet to come

The UK government has invested £10b alone in a vaccine for a Corona virus that has never been achieved before, let alone in 6 months. Major links with funding to our favourite frontline scientists nationwide to GAVI

Just wait for the requirement to provide a personal vaccine code when you want to travel abroad in future, the amount of DNA they now hold on all those who took a test.

Is it money, or something even more sinister?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:22 pm I fear the worst is yet to come

The UK government has invested £10b alone in a vaccine for a Corona virus that has never been achieved before, let alone in 6 months. Major links with funding to our favourite frontline scientists nationwide to GAVI

Just wait for the requirement to provide a personal vaccine code when you want to travel abroad in future, the amount of DNA they now hold on all those who took a test.

Is it money, or something even more sinister?
I can imagine that for those who refuse the vaccine, me included, life will be made incredibly hard.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Side issue on this....I keep Email addresses and Personal phone numbers really secure,only give them out if absolutely
necessary ....but recently stuff is starting to sneak thru......Paypal account has been hacked text on phone...loada bollox..
Email today went to Spam....saying I'm due a tax refund from the government due to Covid..cheers Boris.... :lol:

Funny coincidence since have to give Phone number and Email addresses out each time I want a Pint....on the promise
that they will be secure and only used for Covid notifications and wont be passed on.....yeah like fuck they wont....

Anyway watch out for this dodgy shit....fuckin amateurish crap, easy spots...but evidently some of them are pretty believable..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Anyone else like me getting mightily pissed off by the government's constant changing of rules and regulations telling people where they can and can't go on holiday, then changing the rules again fucking up people's arrangements. Banning people from meeting, even in the privacy of their own homes in numbers greater than six. Unless of course you happen to be a family of 10 in which case you're fucking exempt. Or if you're burying/cremating somebody. And presumably the people Johnson is now encouraging to return to the office will be travelling in carriages containing more than 6 people. No consistency, or logic, anywhere.

I'm speaking as someone in his 60s and therefore considered to be "vulnerable" who is totally pissed off being told I am vulnerable. Millions, yes fucking millions, have apparently caught this disease worldwide and recovered from it, yet we still have armies of people wearing face masks when out in the fresh air, in some cases tut-tutting because you don't cross the road when you see them about 100 metres away. The latest figures state that so far fewer than one million , again worldwide, have died with, not necessarily from, the disease and from the same world health organisation source around 20 million have died in the same time frame from heart disease and almost as many from various forms of cancer.

It's not just our government, although obviously it's their decisions which affect us. Economies across the world are being run into the ground, which of course will presumably in time cause more people to die of the third biggest killer behind heart disease and cancer. I'm talking about malnutrition of course. We are supposed to be a relatively wealthy country yet we have food banks dishing out packs to people who apparently can't afford to feed themselves. Many millions of people are being forced to increase their levels of debt simply to survive because they are prevented from going to work to earn.

I'm beginning to agree with the US senator who said we should allow this thing to take it's course. His argument, whilst sounding totally wacky does make ECONOMIC sense. He argues that if the death rate among the economically inactive (his words), the group which I'm in having retired, increases it's much less of an issue than screwing up the future of the generations which are going to follow. Difficult to argue with that in principle imo so maybe it's time to face up to the fact there isn't a cure for it yet and let's see if this herd immunity mullarkey works.

Now, where's my hard hat.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The six people rule will apply from Monday so the rest of the week and the fucking weekend go on the piss ,party ,bbq and fuck knows what else
Monday’s the day of reckoning.
FFS

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:59 pm The six people rule will apply from Monday so the rest of the week and the fucking weekend go on the piss ,party ,bbq and fuck knows what else
Monday’s the day of reckoning.
FFS
Exactly the same as happened with the bollocks about isolating if you'd been to certain countries. Come back one day---nothing, but come back 24 hours later and 14 days house arrest applies. Is it any wonder people are ignoring a lot of the shit the government's feeding us.

And what's so magic about the number 6 ? The expression "project fear" was invented by someone. During the Brexit debate I think. This fucking crap is project fear on steroids.

I can't meet more than 5 people in the pub. But 6 more of my friends can go and sit at a table suitably "socially distanced" (how I hate that fucking term) and we can communicate with each other quite openly. I could easily touch their table, which they will of course already have contaminated with the killer virus, and then go to the bar and touch that. Thus presumably condemning to a certain and horrible death anyone else who touches it after me.

But if I want to invite those same 11 friends home afterwards I can't. Total fucking bollocks, and to make it worse my MP, Grant Shapps, who I've always though of as an excellent and hard working bloke, is the minister responsible for trying to sell a lot of this crap to the public.