Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Isolation Unit to be opened in MK....who we pissed off.... :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

My mate Pete the Shrimper is due to be flying to NZ at the end of the month but with a 3 day stopover in Singapore. He's sweating because although they've banned flights from China, if it escalates, they may do the same from everywhere in Asia.

Insurance will cover him if our foreign office warns against travel to Singapore but not if it's at the NZ end.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

A local liquor store (offy) got in trouble for writing a sandwich board "What goes with coronavirus? Lyme disease" :lol:

Some poor sensitive souls took offense.

We have 4 cases here, which is quite incredible considering we are basically a Chinese colony

palerider

Post by palerider »

There's a stock advertising board outside Asda's, I think it's promoting their George range of clothing. For diversity's sake there's a black woman, a white bloke and an Asian girl all wearing the high-end clothes. :lol:

At their Bridgwater store, some wag had drawn a face mask over the Asian girl with a marker pen.

I shouldn't have but I pissed myself.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Seems to be picking up in Europe or is that just the terrible American media lying again?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Taansend wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:58 pm Seems to be picking up in Europe or is that just the terrible American media lying again?
No it is, Italy now has 300+ cases.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:35 pm
Taansend wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:58 pm Seems to be picking up in Europe or is that just the terrible American media lying again?
I live in an Asian/Oriental neighbourhood in a town with a large Asian population. Wondering how it will affect us

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Irelands game against Italy been called off(Rugby)....would imagine rest of their matches will be as well,
Few Footie Matches there being played behind closed doors as well...seems to be focused in Italy
Europe wise...Korea/Japan bad as well..

Theres been more new case's outside China than in....

Evidently visitors to Chinatowns in London and Manchester are well down...

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Yeah,they say that for maximum effect - it's the old accounting trick. They keep adding but don't remove from the total those who have recovered. Like 78,000+ confirmed cases in China when 75% of that number have long recovered and are back living completely normal lives.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Yeah,they say that for maximum effect - it's the old accounting trick. They keep adding but don't remove from the total those who have recovered. Like 78,000+ confirmed cases in China when 75% of that number have long recovered and are back living completely normal lives.
In this instance I don't think it's being reported just for maximum effect. Why risk a panic if the danger isn't real? As for the Chinese numbers, I don't believe a word of them, the true number of infections is likely magnitudes higher.

I'm leaning towards believing those health officials that are warning Coronavirus will become a global pandemic and that possibly 60% of the worlds population could be affected. Even with a relatively low mortality rate of 3% that's what? Around 135 million people? Not even to mention the financial, operational and logistical chaos an outbreak on a global scale would cause.

I'm a bit reticent to be blase and think the reports are just to garner viewers or sell papers because, for once they probably aren't.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?