Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 am
JayK wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 am

Absolutely right. But if the test had come back negative, I woulda been sure, isolated and kept well away from the mother in law etc. That could be said for many medical tests though I guess. Today I don't have flu or guy rot but who knows tomorrow 😄

Edit: I feel the need to emphasise the fact "if I, and everyone else done the test correctly in a drive thru test centre". I imagine many wouldn't have got it spot on, come back negative but could well have the bloody thing.
You see that's another thing I didn't know. I didn't realise the tests were a do it yourself, I assumed they were carried out by medical professionals. I take medication for high blood pressure and instead of going to the surgery to see a nurse every 3 months to have my blood pressure checked I have to do it myself and send the results in to the surgery.

What's next ? Do it yourself keyhole surgery FFS. :lol:
Just the drive thru's are DIY. There are walk in test stations where they do it for you. Just at the time of mine, the nearest for me was a drive thru 10 miles away. I didn't wanna have to drive any further.

As long as you got a decent drill I'm sure DIY keyhole surgery would be fine 😂.
Funny you mention that though. I was one of the 1st (apparently) after Gazza to have keyhole surgery. These days you're in and out same day but back then I still had an extended stay in hospital. Times have changed
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

So who’s ready for lockdown then ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 am So who’s ready for lockdown then ?
Can't wait Tim.

Got three month's supply of Bombay Bad Boy pot noodles and a twelve pack of Aitchison's original chrome cleaner chilling in the fridge.

I also had my seasonal flu jab yesterday which without doubt protects you from Covid too, despite what they say, so I'm sorted.

Bring out yer' dead.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

It's not a lockdown anymore, it's a circuit breaker because we're all in the dark

People have already started to load up on toilet paper & rice. Those are the citizens who don't believe in face coverings or social distancing. "It's all bollocks" they cry, as they cram a case of 96 Andrex into the downstairs privy. And they don't care about SuperSoft or triple quilted. It's quantity or yardage that's important. And anyway triple quilted is no good - it tears - when your scraping away at yesterdays dried fecal matter. You need the industrial non porous type. These people have been here before, they know what's what. Salt of the earth...

...and that's just the Royal Family

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:31 pm
It's not a lockdown anymore, it's a circuit breaker because we're all in the dark

People have already started to load up on toilet paper & rice. Those are the citizens who don't believe in face coverings or social distancing. "It's all bollocks" they cry, as they cram a case of 96 Andrex into the downstairs privy. And they don't care about SuperSoft or triple quilted. It's quantity or yardage that's important. And anyway triple quilted is no good - it tears - when your scraping away at yesterdays dried fecal matter. You need the industrial non porous type. These people have been here before, they know what's what. Salt of the earth...

...and that's just the Royal Family
Stock Tesco's with that shiny stuff that used to be in public loos.

It didn't do the job and really hurt your arse after 12 pints of London Pride and a mutton vindaloo.

That would sort the men out from the boys.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

This is good: Covid scepticism in Bolton has led to it having the highest infection rate of coronavirus in Europe.

Yasmin Qureshi, Labour MP for Bolton South East, said many people in the area believed the virus was a fake, government-constructed concept and as a result were refusing to adhere to social distancing guidelines. “There is a lot of confusion about the virus in the area and there are a lot of people now who do not believe it is true,” she said.

The peeps in Bolton, like to get their government information via social media and the local forums #thinkingforyourself have been informing
that a massive conspiracy is being projected onto the BAME community to keep them under the thumb. The BAMEs are not usually fooled by nowt
but it appears they believe the virus is "a load of old bollocks" and have fallen back to old traditional safe methods of keeping safe.

"And you don't need to wear masks out in public when your shopping with your own peeps" said a resident who was off,maskless and visiting her three relatives in the local hospital.

And some of the young BAMEs who had just returned from a nice weekend in Blackpool were bewildered by all the fuss. It's a tight N Manchester community and they resent interference from people in "that" London.

As a good natured street-person sagely put it, BAMEs will be BAMEs...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Traditional methods of keeping safe
Wiping your arsehole with your fucking hand
Gobbing all over the fucking show
Groups of 15- 20 in one house
7 in a motor
400 in a fucking sweat shop as big as a garden shed

Righto you fucking crack on love.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fear not our Chinese chums have let out an highly infectious disease called zoonotic

It’s all under control they say only thousands infected

Phew !!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

So another 2 week lockdown pending, remember how long 2 weeks to flatten the curve lasted?

Say goodbye to your civil liberties, unless you choose to ignore it and do as you please.

All nicely backed up with the graph of doom today, which I have decided to call 'the inaccurate graph of two halves' that paints a very scary picture in the second half, whilst ignoring the actual data in the first half.

Fuck Boris and his bunch of fucking clowns.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:31 pm So another 2 week lockdown pending, remember how long 2 weeks to flatten the curve lasted?

Say goodbye to your civil liberties, unless you choose to ignore it and do as you please.

All nicely backed up with the graph of doom today, which I have decided to call 'the inaccurate graph of two halves' that paints a very scary picture in the second half, whilst ignoring the actual data in the first half.

Fuck Boris and his bunch of fucking clowns.
It's patently obvious that an airborne virus is going to be transmitted when people mix. So ffs why don't we accept the fact we are going to have to live with this thing until a vaccine becomes available. All that has happened since it first appeared is that governments worldwide have screwed people by reducing, or even totally eliminating, their earning capabilities. Governments have spent (borrowed) money that would have made evn Corbyn's eyes water and for what ? Have we eliminated the virus ? Of course not. And nor will/can we until science develops a cure.

I don't like conspiracy theories but I am beginning to wonder if there are ulterior motives for the pesistent "Project Fear" message the government is putting out. Apparently 3% of people diagnosed with the virus die. Do we even know how that compares with other teransmittable diseases such as flu ? And there is also apparently mounting evidence that, because of limited testing capabilities, many more people than actually reported may have had it and recovered which would obviously significantly reduce the mortality rate if true.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?