Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Don't buy these plastic Throw away masks guys...they're becoming a nightmare,popping up everywhere ,being
dumped...high streets,roadsides,rivers....gonna be a massive problem if this thing continues..which it will for a while yet.

Also lots of Charities are seriously struggling,can't hold fundraisers..no footfall etc....relying on on line donations now,
so if you have a favourite one...chip in..... :D ....

Thats my good deed for the day...... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 am Don't buy these plastic Throw away masks guys...they're becoming a nightmare,popping up everywhere ,being
dumped...high streets,roadsides,rivers....gonna be a massive problem if this thing continues..which it will for a while yet.

Also lots of Charities are seriously struggling,can't hold fundraisers..no footfall etc....relying on on line donations now,
so if you have a favourite one...chip in..... :D ....

Thats my good deed for the day...... :lol:
They're already a problem MK. The key to solving the issue is to not be a scummy little scrote and instead cut the straps and bin the things, rather than chucking them on the floor and making it look like there's a bunch of oversized sanitary towels everywhere. Loads (and I mean shit loads) have already found their way into the sea and fucking with sealife.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

So how are we doing folks and what are the scores on those fucking crazy doors.

In the last 24 hours, deaths attributed to covid or because of, were reported as 20.

And currently the virus has infected 1 person in 180 people. Or 378,219 cases out of approx 68M population. So if it takes 6 months to infect 1 in 180,how long will it take to reach herd immunity. Which is thought to be 65%---------------------------> 55 years ?

The UK has tested 20.5M which in comparison is double Germany,Italy,Spain,France and at this testing rate in 55 years,we might have performed 2 Billion 225 million tests...and people will still say not enough

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 pm So how are we doing folks and what are the scores on those fucking crazy doors.

In the last 24 hours, deaths attributed to covid or because of, were reported as 20.

And currently the virus has infected 1 person in 180 people. Or 378,219 cases out of approx 68M population. So if it takes 6 months to infect 1 in 180,how long will it take to reach herd immunity. Which is thought to be 65%---------------------------> 55 years ?

The UK has tested 20.5M which in comparison is double Germany,Italy,Spain,France and at this testing rate in 55 years,we might have performed 2 Billion 225 million tests...and people will still say not enough
Assuming the tests are done right of course. No idea if I done mine right or not but I think I did. Wonder how many more are like me and maybe not done them right. That's the problem with the drive thru testing stations.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 pm So how are we doing folks and what are the scores on those fucking crazy doors.

Some scientific research is suggesting the number of people who have been infected is considerably higher than the 380,000 or so. Presumably the official figure is based on results from hospital admissions, surgery/home visits and so forth ? It takes no account of people who might have had it, taken a few days off work, recovered and then gone about their business normally. In short, no one would know that person had the disease.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Assuming the tests are done right of course. No idea if I done mine right or not but I think I did. Wonder how many more are like me and maybe not done them right. That's the problem with the drive thru testing stations.
As I understand it, and this could easily be wrong, the test tells you if you've actually had it as well as if you've actually got it now. So if that's the case there are 3 possible results. You haven't got it, You have got it, or you've had it but haven't got it now. But if you catch it 5 minutes after leaving the test centre who knows you've got it until you feel the symptoms ? And isn't it supposed to be too late then because you could have infected anyone you've had close contact with ? I'm sure I must be missing something here, perhaps someone will enlighten me..

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:35 am
JayK wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 pm

As I understand it, and this could easily be wrong, the test tells you if you've actually had it as well as if you've actually got it now. So if that's the case there are 3 possible results. You haven't got it, You have got it, or you've had it but haven't got it now. But if you catch it 5 minutes after leaving the test centre who knows you've got it until you feel the symptoms ? And isn't it supposed to be too late then because you could have infected anyone you've had close contact with ? I'm sure I must be missing something here, perhaps someone will enlighten me..
When I booked my test it was a case of either booking to see if I had it at the time or pay for a test to see if I had it previously. I booked the one to see if I had it at the time. As I said previously, mine was a drive thru test centre. It was run by the army and there was next to zero contact with people. We shouted at each other through masks and my closed windows and when they gave me my self testing kit I had to crack the passenger window open just enough for them to drop it onto my passenger seat.
On completion of my self test there was a big black bin I had to drive up to and drop it in.

So, a very good military operation with very very low risk of passing it on if I did indeed have it, which I didn't....assuming I done it right
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:35 am

When I booked my test it was a case of either booking to see if I had it at the time or pay for a test to see if I had it previously. I booked the one to see if I had it at the time. As I said previously, mine was a drive thru test centre. It was run by the army and there was next to zero contact with people. We shouted at each other through masks and my closed windows and when they gave me my self testing kit I had to crack the passenger window open just enough for them to drop it onto my passenger seat.
On completion of my self test there was a big black bin I had to drive up to and drop it in.

So, a very good military operation with very very low risk of passing it on if I did indeed have it, which I didn't....assuming I done it right
Right, so the test only tells you if you've got it now. Tbh I don't see a lot of point paying for a test to see if you've had it previously. I thought the test picked up if you'd had it previously. I did say I could easily be wrong. Looks like I got that right at least. :lol:

But my point was that the test can only be a sort of "moment in time" thing, can't it. If you tested negative at the drive thru but then came into contact with a carrier the next time you went into Tescos for instance you wouldn't know until you developed the symptoms.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 am
JayK wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:42 am

Right, so the test only tells you if you've got it now. Tbh I don't see a lot of point paying for a test to see if you've had it previously. I thought the test picked up if you'd had it previously. I did say I could easily be wrong. Looks like I got that right at least. :lol:

But my point was that the test can only be a sort of "moment in time" thing, can't it. If you tested negative at the drive thru but then came into contact with a carrier the next time you went into Tescos for instance you wouldn't know until you developed the symptoms.
Absolutely right. But if the test had come back negative, I woulda been sure, isolated and kept well away from the mother in law etc. That could be said for many medical tests though I guess. Today I don't have flu or guy rot but who knows tomorrow 😄

Edit: I feel the need to emphasise the fact "if I, and everyone else done the test correctly in a drive thru test centre". I imagine many wouldn't have got it spot on, come back negative but could well have the bloody thing.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 am

Absolutely right. But if the test had come back negative, I woulda been sure, isolated and kept well away from the mother in law etc. That could be said for many medical tests though I guess. Today I don't have flu or guy rot but who knows tomorrow 😄

Edit: I feel the need to emphasise the fact "if I, and everyone else done the test correctly in a drive thru test centre". I imagine many wouldn't have got it spot on, come back negative but could well have the bloody thing.
You see that's another thing I didn't know. I didn't realise the tests were a do it yourself, I assumed they were carried out by medical professionals. I take medication for high blood pressure and instead of going to the surgery to see a nurse every 3 months to have my blood pressure checked I have to do it myself and send the results in to the surgery.

What's next ? Do it yourself keyhole surgery FFS. :lol: