Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 am My cousin lives in Upminster. She's in good health and not worried too much about covid but hasn't had the vaccine yet because she doesn't drive.

The nearest centre is in Grays and she doesn't speak Polish, Nigerian or Punjabi. So she'll have to catch 2 trains to the Excel Centre.

Disgraceful.
And I thought the emphasise was to limit travel. You know, the stay local mantra.

When the vaccination program was first announced it was reported that communities would be served by their local doctor's surgery or pharmacy.

In reality, they expect people to travel to large vaccination hubs miles from their geographical post code. Now you either want to limit peoples movements or you don't.

The next big fuckup is to open all the schools on the same day; against all advice to stagger the re openings in a phased program.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:30 am
palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 am My cousin lives in Upminster. She's in good health and not worried too much about covid but hasn't had the vaccine yet because she doesn't drive.

The nearest centre is in Grays and she doesn't speak Polish, Nigerian or Punjabi. So she'll have to catch 2 trains to the Excel Centre.

Disgraceful.
And I thought the emphasise was to limit travel. You know, the stay local mantra.

When the vaccination program was first announced it was reported that communities would be served by their local doctor's surgery or pharmacy.

In reality, they expect people to travel to large vaccination hubs miles from their geographical post code. Now you either want to limit peoples movements or you don't.

The next big fuckup is to open all the schools on the same day; against all advice to stagger the re openings in a phased program.
I had to drive 12 miles to a luxury wedding venue.

The text said that if you couldn't get there, contact your GP but apparently the phone is permanently engaged. All well and good if you do drive but if not then it seems to be a case of fuck you then.

And although education is important, I agree, the emphasis of that being the be all and end all is just plain wrong.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Disgraceful.
Tell her to ask for Hornchurch library they are vaccinating in there ,good reports on organisation as well.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:43 am

Disgraceful.
Tell her to ask for Hornchurch library they are vaccinating in there ,good reports on organisation as well.
Believe it or not that’s a different health authority, hence the trek to Grays which is the same HA.

Madness I know , when you consider local gp’s are administering the vaccine in Grays/Thurrock .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:03 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:43 am

Believe it or not that’s a different health authority, hence the trek to Grays which is the same HA.

Madness I know , when you consider local gp’s are administering the vaccine in Grays/Thurrock .
Nothing like a bit of red tape to make life difficult.

Have you had the jab yet Tim ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:36 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:30 am

I had to drive 12 miles to a luxury wedding venue.

The text said that if you couldn't get there, contact your GP but apparently the phone is permanently engaged. All well and good if you do drive but if not then it seems to be a case of fuck you then.

And although education is important, I agree, the emphasis of that being the be all and end all is just plain wrong.
Scientists have warned government ( Johnson) that they/he can expext a big surge in community infections once shools are open. They say because those environments are germ factrories the modelling on this was very easy and clear.

Whilst the schools have all been empty during the last 12 weeks it has not been possible to introduce a childrens vaccination program because no one had seen the opportunity to do it. In defence of the government they can't think of everything. Sometimes minor things get overlooked.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:13 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:03 am

Not a word as of yet Al . Though I know of at least 2 people (with no underlying problems etc) 9 years younger than me who have .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:50 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:13 am

Not a word as of yet Al . Though I know of at least 2 people (with no underlying problems etc) 9 years younger than me who have .
Change your name by deed poll to Abdirahman Mohammed and you'll be fine mate.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:05 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:50 pm

You can have mine if you like.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:05 pm

You can have mine if you like.
Nah probably better off with Abdirahman Mohammed.