Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm Panic, Panic. Run around with your hair on fire...one case per 1,000 last week in Richmond Upon Thames

Can we please come out of lockdown and go to our lovely pubs or do we have to go to Wales - asking for a friend who drinks sensibly 9 pints per session
OMG.

I was in the White Cross in Richmond early September. I'd better isolate.

At least until December 2nd when it appears that Boris has listened to the voice of sanity and that the carts aren't picking up bodies as much as Professor Chris Twat and Sir Patrick Moron said they would. And the country will rise out of the grave like some zombie apocalypse.

I'm not dead. I think I'll go for a walk.

Back to the 3 tier system almost certainly with tougher restrictions in tier 3 than before but as it's mostly Liverpool in tier 3 that's fine with journeys to Job Centres there banned, much to the delight of the locals.

But it still depends on what Carrie says though. Let's hope it's not her time of the month.
Oh you people make my blood boil. I'm not dead. I think I'll go for a walk you glibly say without a thought for the poor suffering entrepreneurs such as myself who are sitting on piles of ex Syrian military body bags, purchased the moment Mikel Arteta sneezed and threw the entire football industry into chaos. We were assured that bodies would be piled high and, as committed capitalists, did our bit by providing a hygienic means of their disposal whilst hoping for a modest return on our investments. But no. You just wouldn't play fucking ball would you ? And now I'm stuck with a rented lock up stuffed full with the bloody things.

And then there's my Irish groundworker mate, Paddy O'Flaherty. He bought a decent sized plot of land near Luton, in fact I think it might actually have been Luton, with the intention of opening the first privately run plague pit. And now the poor bastard can't even afford to fill his JCB with red diesel because the cavalcade of corpses promised by the doomsayers simply hasn't materialised. You're bloody inconsiderate you are.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm Panic, Panic. Run around with your hair on fire...one case per 1,000 last week in Richmond Upon Thames

Can we please come out of lockdown and go to our lovely pubs or do we have to go to Wales - asking for a friend who drinks sensibly 9 pints per session
OMG.

At least until December 2nd when it appears that Boris has listened to the voice of sanity and that the carts aren't picking up bodies as much as Professor Chris Twat and Sir Patrick Moron said they would. And the country will rise out of the grave like some zombie apocalypse.

Back to the 3 tier system almost certainly with tougher restrictions in tier 3 than before but as it's mostly Liverpool in tier 3 that's fine with journeys to Job Centres there banned, much to the delight of the locals.

But it still depends on what Carrie says though. Let's hope it's not her time of the month.
Well Carrie seems to think anyone that steps inside a pub requires a shepherds pie,peas,baby carrots + bowl of steaming gravy. And that's every visit. What about a boiled egg and soldiers ? is that not substantial

Bloody hell, who wants to face that at 09:30 plus it would put you completely off lunch.

It started with Marcus Rashford and now look where it's lead...

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 am

OMG.

Well Carrie seems to think anyone that steps inside a pub requires a shepherds pie,peas,baby carrots + bowl of steaming gravy. And that's every visit. What about a boiled egg and soldiers ? is that not substantial

Bloody hell, who wants to face that at 09:30 plus it would put you completely off lunch.

It started with Marcus Rashford and now look where it's lead...
The 'substantial meal' thingy is, I believe, to limit the amount of time a group spends in the pub. It would be a 2 hour time-slot. This avoids six blokes having an all-day bender starting at 11am and finishing 12 hours later puking up on your obligatory kebab.

I'm not a fan. Food is food. This is just encouraging fat bastards.

6 pints of Butcombe please love and six packets of salted peanuts. I don't know what the others are having though.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Great News with all the Vaccines looking good...bit of hope,that we can put all this shit behinds us at some point,
because obviously wasn't going to go away on it's own...would just keep getting worse.

Like as always happens...can see lots of probs ahead...people that have been vaccinated demanding to carry on as normal,
the "I'm alright Jacks" while those that haven't would be pretending they have been Vaccinated, if the pubs/shops,
sports events were opening up..
In fact can see a shit load of Problems ahead of us...but we will get thru it.

So would still keep things .."Tight",till a good lot of us have had the Jabs..and the infection rates are well well down..
I'd still be looking at past Easter,maybe early summer,before any changes..

Everyone has as much as poss chipped in in helping us thru this...Government have done more than I thought was possible
Banks have done their bit...Mortgage/loan/overdraft relief....Shops/Supermarkets have made changes so can stay open
for us..same for cab drivers/truckers..all those that have had to continue working.....all our public services have cracked
on...Police/Army/Public Transport..etc...then there's our Doctors and Nurses in the NHS,who have been Amazing...
99.9% of the public have sacrificed and have done the right thing as much as poss...thats been unreal...

Have our utilities companies chipped in and helped...have they fuck......they seem to run thru life,causing shit loads
of problems for people,totally unscathed of any of the Blame Game stuff...they need to be accountable,they take
a way lot more than they should of peoples incomes.
Not my favourite people....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

We could have a game ahead of Thursday - "Guess your tier". I reckon all the nasty areas that nobody cares about will be rammed into tier 3...and the areas like Milton Keynes,Twickenham, Someset,Gloucester,Wiltshire Norfolf, Suffolf, Cornwall,Devon and beautiful Surrey will be in tier 2.

Will any area be in medium tier 1 ? And if Luton qualifies will their house prices go up

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:02 pm We could have a game ahead of Thursday - "Guess your tier". I reckon all the nasty areas that nobody cares about will be rammed into tier 3...and the areas like Milton Keynes,Twickenham, Someset,Gloucester,Wiltshire Norfolf, Suffolf, Cornwall,Devon and beautiful Surrey will be in tier 2.

Will any area be in medium tier 1 ? And if Luton qualifies will their house prices go up
Somerset Live reckon North Somerset will go into Tier 2 but hopefully not me in sunny Huish Episcopi which is in the south of the county.

I'll be marching to Westminster if it does.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Department of Health and Social Care reported that the Test-n-trace program is only contacting 58% of people who test positive. In Bradford one of the worst hit areas that figure was 50%.

Obviously those people who were contacted were all asked to self isolate. It is unknown what percentage did actually comply. We can probably allow for 10% disobedience as people who think they are superior to others, tend to feel that rules they don't like, don't apply to them.

SAGE have said that 80% of an infected person’s close contacts must be contacted and told to self-isolate within 48 to 72 hours for the national programme to be effective.

Clearly we can all applaud the great efforts being made here while acknowledging that the clapping doesn't really mean much. A bit like giving the NHS a standing-ovation each week and then denying their workers (those still alive) a pay rise in November.

It's all a bit unfortunate really and that 22 Billion investment has not been misspent. You have indeed purchased world-class experience and that is handy for the next time.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:12 am The Department of Health and Social Care reported that the Test-n-trace program is only contacting 58% of people who test positive. In Bradford one of the worst hit areas that figure was 50%.

Obviously those people who were contacted were all asked to self isolate. It is unknown what percentage did actually comply. We can probably allow for 10% disobedience as people who think they are superior to others, tend to feel that rules they don't like, don't apply to them.

SAGE have said that 80% of an infected person’s close contacts must be contacted and told to self-isolate within 48 to 72 hours for the national programme to be effective.

Clearly we can all applaud the great efforts being made here while acknowledging that the clapping doesn't really mean much. A bit like giving the NHS a standing-ovation each week and then denying their workers (those still alive) a pay rise in November.

It's all a bit unfortunate really and that 22 Billion investment has not been misspent. You have indeed purchased world-class experience and that is handy for the next time.

In Bradford, that would be down to a shortage of Urdu speakers.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:12 am The Department of Health and Social Care reported that the Test-n-trace program is only contacting 58% of people who test positive. In Bradford one of the worst hit areas that figure was 50%.

A sad indictment in to just how poorly a run country we are imho. Surely we can extend our school day by an hour or two in order that our youngsters can become fluent in Urdu. I've recently taken up Nepalese should we have a sudden influx of our colonial bredren.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:28 am
palerider wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 am
A sad indictment in to just how poorly a run country we are imho. Surely we can extend our school day by an hour or two in order that our youngsters can become fluent in Urdu. I've recently taken up Nepalese should we have a sudden influx of our colonial bredren.
:lol: :lol:

Don't give these people ideas.