Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 272

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:20 am
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:02 am
Why is this Country and what is happening here...being torn apart by our media/press and Others.........................
When exactly the same thing is happening worldwide...it's not OUR fuckin decease....it's everywhere,and far worse than us
in a lot of cases.

This is a new Virus that is spreading and mutating,and it's killing people,and is showing absolutely no signs whatsoever
of slowing down...it's spread by contact...SO..Stop and limit Contact...rocket Science it aint.
That's what we are trying to do Limit Contact in every conceivable way,while trying to somehow keep the Economy
trickling along to limit the damage to it.

The scare mongering is done by our Press/Media ...not the Government and Scientists ...they're the one perpetrating
and recycling the Garbage...
Absolutely everything but everything that is put in place is wrong....Lockdown is wrong, a tiered lockdown is wrong,
do nothing is wrong....furlough is wrong...shutting pubs early is wrong...keeping them open is wrong,no fans at footie
is wrong..

Burnham's speil.......it's unfair to lock us Mancs down but fuckin go ahead and lock the whole country down,by all
means...what is it with these leftie types, have absolutely know idea how an economy works..totally clueless...
Said before I like the guy, but is coming out with such crap,have to switch the Andy Burnham Show off now...

Why the fuck is the minority view always shouted the loudest in this country..over every subject not just this...
Everyone I see and talk to gets it...and I've been around a bit and enjoy speaking to people,getting their opinions..
and that opinion is we're doing what we have to do as well as we're able to do in these Circumstances..

It's fucking tough and Impossible to get right,have to get as close to it as we can tho..

I take the Press/Medias interpretation of this with a pinch of salt...as I do 90% of their stuff..they don't report news,they
Report/broadcast opinions ...opinions that make the best Headlines at that..
I tried to reply with a giphy but it didn't work. The words head and brick wall spring to mind though
You're quite right. The scaremongering, and the negativity are being broadcast by the media. However isn't it the government's responsibility to take the lead ? If the government were to tell the whole truth in clear, simple, idiot proof language I feel sure a lot of the economic damage currently being done could be avoided.

And you're also right it isn't just our government but government's the world over. However we're here in the UK and most of us living here are concerned about the long term futures of our children and grandchildren who live here. I care more about the economic well being of this country than I do about others because I have children who are working in this country and grandchildren who hope eventually to be able to get a decent job and enjoy a decent standard of living in this country. If I lived in the US, or Russia or Germany I would undoubtedly feel the same about the government's actions in those countries and not give a flying toss about Boris Johnson, Andy Burnham or all the other cunts here. I would have enough to worry about with my own nation's group of clowns.

And again I agree with your assessment of the press and what it reports. I know one or two people who were involved with the press and they used to say that good news is no news. So I think they report that people are supposedly dropping dead like flies and that plague pits are secretly being prepared on the Yorkshire moors and studiously ignore the other side of the coin. And as has been demonstrated time and time again there are enough gullible fuckers in the world to believe the garbage they read in the press and, increasingly in the modern world, on the internet. But that is where government's have a responsibility isn't it ? To be the voice of calm and reason. Not just another bloke running around, flapping his arms up and down and crying "We're all doomed" at the top of his voice and relying on silly soundbite adverts to perpetuate Project Fear.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6314
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 90
x 165

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:12 pm
JayK wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:20 am


I tried to reply with a giphy but it didn't work. The words head and brick wall spring to mind though
You're quite right. The scaremongering, and the negativity are being broadcast by the media. However isn't it the government's responsibility to take the lead ? If the government were to tell the whole truth in clear, simple, idiot proof language I feel sure a lot of the economic damage currently being done could be avoided.

And you're also right it isn't just our government but government's the world over. However we're here in the UK and most of us living here are concerned about the long term futures of our children and grandchildren who live here. I care more about the economic well being of this country than I do about others because I have children who are working in this country and grandchildren who hope eventually to be able to get a decent job and enjoy a decent standard of living in this country. If I lived in the US, or Russia or Germany I would undoubtedly feel the same about the government's actions in those countries and not give a flying toss about Boris Johnson, Andy Burnham or all the other cunts here. I would have enough to worry about with my own nation's group of clowns.

And again I agree with your assessment of the press and what it reports. I know one or two people who were involved with the press and they used to say that good news is no news. So I think they report that people are supposedly dropping dead like flies and that plague pits are secretly being prepared on the Yorkshire moors and studiously ignore the other side of the coin. And as has been demonstrated time and time again there are enough gullible fuckers in the world to believe the garbage they read in the press and, increasingly in the modern world, on the internet. But that is where government's have a responsibility isn't it ? To be the voice of calm and reason. Not just another bloke running around, flapping his arms up and down and crying "We're all doomed" at the top of his voice and relying on silly soundbite adverts to perpetuate Project Fear.
Spose I'm just using the world stats and state of affairs as a comparison Whisky,something to equate to...

If elsewhere,other countries Stats and Economies were doing better than ours..then I'd be calling them out,cos like we've
touched on before this goes beyond politics..by them I mean our Govenrment/Scientists/Experts...
But seems like everyone is in the same boat..or very similar.

Some countries infrastructure etc, lends them to have slightly better records with it,most are a lot worse or as bad..

And I honestly couldn't say or put my finger on what is being done wrong...there's some things I would do differently
but that could prove to be not possible....or could fuck things up and make it worse.

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 5790
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 331
x 187

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:12 pm


You're quite right. The scaremongering, and the negativity are being broadcast by the media. However isn't it the government's responsibility to take the lead ? If the government were to tell the whole truth in clear, simple, idiot proof language I feel sure a lot of the economic damage currently being done could be avoided.

And you're also right it isn't just our government but government's the world over. However we're here in the UK and most of us living here are concerned about the long term futures of our children and grandchildren who live here. I care more about the economic well being of this country than I do about others because I have children who are working in this country and grandchildren who hope eventually to be able to get a decent job and enjoy a decent standard of living in this country. If I lived in the US, or Russia or Germany I would undoubtedly feel the same about the government's actions in those countries and not give a flying toss about Boris Johnson, Andy Burnham or all the other cunts here. I would have enough to worry about with my own nation's group of clowns.

And again I agree with your assessment of the press and what it reports. I know one or two people who were involved with the press and they used to say that good news is no news. So I think they report that people are supposedly dropping dead like flies and that plague pits are secretly being prepared on the Yorkshire moors and studiously ignore the other side of the coin. And as has been demonstrated time and time again there are enough gullible fuckers in the world to believe the garbage they read in the press and, increasingly in the modern world, on the internet. But that is where government's have a responsibility isn't it ? To be the voice of calm and reason. Not just another bloke running around, flapping his arms up and down and crying "We're all doomed" at the top of his voice and relying on silly soundbite adverts to perpetuate Project Fear.
Spose I'm just using the world stats and state of affairs as a comparison Whisky,something to equate to...

If elsewhere,other countries Stats and Economies were doing better than ours..then I'd be calling them out,cos like we've
touched on before this goes beyond politics..by them I mean our Govenrment/Scientists/Experts...
But seems like everyone is in the same boat..or very similar.

Some countries infrastructure etc, lends them to have slightly better records with it,most are a lot worse or as bad..

And I honestly couldn't say or put my finger on what is being done wrong...there's some things I would do differently
but that could prove to be not possible....or could fuck things up and make it worse.
At this stage it's about holding your nerve. Continue with the regional restrictions adjusting where necessary and keeping the wheels of economy turning as best as is able.

The good news is the Oxford Vaccine trials have proved effective in every age group are now awaiting final approval. And 10% of England's population could be tested for Covid-19 every week if public health directors sign up to rapid-result test plan.

So two key things need immediate action and then the Daily Mail and Guardian/BBC cry babies can stop setting their hair on fire and man the fuck up like composed adults ought to

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC
x 1
x 48

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BCHammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 am


However relaxing, for example, personal freedom of movement restrictions, such as allowing people to travel to and attend, as an example, sporting events, will in no way increase the risk to, using your analogy, care home residents. The people most vulnerable to this virus are already well aware of their "vulnerability". It is however a fact that many who are told they should feel vulnerable, I'm in this group because of age, don't necessarily buy into all the hype and hysteria.

It is not heartless ior uncaruing to suggest that 80 year olds are unlikely to pick up the virus by mixing with people who have travelled to a sporting event. However, and I believe this is an important point to make, if an 80 year old wishes to spend some time with his or her family and, for all intents and purposes stuff two fingers up at the "rule of 6" to do so, why should they not be free to do so ?.

People in poor health, and those who are old and frail, will still be protected. No one is suggesting otherwise. But the one size fits all restrictions being placed on large sections of our population, at enormous economic cost, totally outweighs all other considerations.
There is no good solution to this.

The carer who brought the virus into the care home and killed 20 people exercised their right to travel. I concede people in such professions need to be more responsible than others, but that is exactly the problem, people exercising their rights are spreading it because they are not being sensible.

At the end of the day, there is no reason we can't go back to normal but we are making a conscious decision to sacrifice the elderly and weak and prepared to put hospitals and health care workers under huge stress, like is happening in places like Utah & Idaho right now, as it did in Italy etc at the beginning. Some 80 years old may feel they had a good life so are ready to leave this world, but that is not fair on those and their loved ones who do not want to take that risk. You and I may be OK with that, but a politician (a decent one anyway) can not be seen to be making that call.

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 10406
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 99
x 230

Re: Coronavirus

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:24 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm


Spose I'm just using the world stats and state of affairs as a comparison Whisky,something to equate to...

If elsewhere,other countries Stats and Economies were doing better than ours..then I'd be calling them out,cos like we've
touched on before this goes beyond politics..by them I mean our Govenrment/Scientists/Experts...
But seems like everyone is in the same boat..or very similar.

Some countries infrastructure etc, lends them to have slightly better records with it,most are a lot worse or as bad..

And I honestly couldn't say or put my finger on what is being done wrong...there's some things I would do differently
but that could prove to be not possible....or could fuck things up and make it worse.
At this stage it's about holding your nerve. Continue with the regional restrictions adjusting where necessary and keeping the wheels of economy turning as best as is able.

The good news is the Oxford Vaccine trials have proved effective in every age group are now awaiting final approval. And 10% of England's population could be tested for Covid-19 every week if public health directors sign up to rapid-result test plan.

So two key things need immediate action and then the Daily Mail and Guardian/BBC cry babies can stop setting their hair on fire and man the fuck up like composed adults ought to
Exactly this.

It's like telling people they can't buy a new bike for their kid because other people can't afford to.
Make me an offer.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11658
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 272

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:35 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 am


However relaxing, for example, personal freedom of movement restrictions, such as allowing people to travel to and attend, as an example, sporting events, will in no way increase the risk to, using your analogy, care home residents. The people most vulnerable to this virus are already well aware of their "vulnerability". It is however a fact that many who are told they should feel vulnerable, I'm in this group because of age, don't necessarily buy into all the hype and hysteria.

It is not heartless ior uncaruing to suggest that 80 year olds are unlikely to pick up the virus by mixing with people who have travelled to a sporting event. However, and I believe this is an important point to make, if an 80 year old wishes to spend some time with his or her family and, for all intents and purposes stuff two fingers up at the "rule of 6" to do so, why should they not be free to do so ?.

People in poor health, and those who are old and frail, will still be protected. No one is suggesting otherwise. But the one size fits all restrictions being placed on large sections of our population, at enormous economic cost, totally outweighs all other considerations.
There is no good solution to this.

The carer who brought the virus into the care home and killed 20 people exercised their right to travel. I concede people in such professions need to be more responsible than others, but that is exactly the problem, people exercising their rights are spreading it because they are not being sensible.

At the end of the day, there is no reason we can't go back to normal but we are making a conscious decision to sacrifice the elderly and weak and prepared to put hospitals and health care workers under huge stress, like is happening in places like Utah & Idaho right now, as it did in Italy etc at the beginning. Some 80 years old may feel they had a good life so are ready to leave this world, but that is not fair on those and their loved ones who do not want to take that risk. You and I may be OK with that, but a politician (a decent one anyway) can not be seen to be making that call.
At the start of all this no one knew anything about it because it was new. Consequently the delivery driver you refer to almost certainly didn't know the consequences iof his innocent actions, the carer who let him in, or accepted his package, didn't realise the consequences of their actions, and nor did people realise that having large numbers of elderly, frail people living in the same environment was a recipe for catastrophe.

As you say there is no good solution. But imo there are less bad ones than squeezing the lifeblood out of large sections of the economy. Because we know know a lot more about the virus we can, and dom take measures to prevent situations like the one you refer to about the delivery driver. That wouldn't happen now because of our greater knowledge and the steps that have been taken to prevent, or at very least, minimise the likelihood of the same thing happening again.

Hospitals obviously are a totally different thing altogether. By definition they are filled up with people who are sick, some critically, weak, infirm and consequerntly more vulnerable than the rest of us. But I wonder if many people admitted to hospital with this virus need to be in hospital. Is there maybe a rush to hospitalise people rather than allow the less severely affected, and apparently at the start of the outbreak the UK bought tens of thousands of ventilators which remain unused because many admitted to hospital have not needed them, to remain at home in self isolation. I can't speak about the U S but here in the U K the extra provision of care provided by the "Nightingale" hospitals remains largely unused.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 4029
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 49
x 348

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Bobby Ball has succumbed to the virus

Twangs braces

RIP

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6072
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 212
x 210

Re: Coronavirus

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:00 am
Bobby Ball has succumbed to the virus

Twangs braces

RIP
Rock On Tommy.
:cry:

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6314
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 90
x 165

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:00 am
Bobby Ball has succumbed to the virus

Twangs braces

RIP
Not usually my sort of thing....but he did make me smile,which is a good .... :D

R.I.P...

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 6314
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 90
x 165

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer »

With the Football thing ...and no one wants it back more than me..
It's not the fact that maybe we could stop the spread of infections in the ground,even thats a tough call...
Red Mancs are ready for 23,000 people all using the same facilities etc...when at the moment at this particular time,
things are very much in the balance which way this shit of a thing goes...as much as I love footie it's just to big a risk..
and will be fucked off if the Government relent...cos of Pressure from the Mancs and the "Big Boys"....
It's the Movement of people...not where they end up....Mancs..50% plus of them travel in from outside,,,especially
London and home counties...so they're travelling from what maybe a low risk area to a high risk area and back...
thats just not logical.

Funnily Enough think we could maybe allow leagues 1 and 2 to allow some in, no away obviously,cos you'll find most of
their support is local...could maybe get away with 3/4,000.....and they need the revenue more than the PL...
But 23,000 plus travelling ..no way.

The Van Driver guy thing...it's just because it was noticeable it was a defined situation and could be identified...
but similar things are Happening in our Pubs etc....someone ,maybe just one person is asymptomatic...gives it to
3 others...they pass it on to 1.5 others,and so on, 4 points of contact and 30 plus people are infected.

In saying that been in quite a few boozers here and there,and have felt quite safe...but have seen the odd
arsehole none the less... bloke in Brighton was on the verge of getting a slap from me...was deliberately
taking the piss and getting up close and personal with other punters...including a 20 year old girl bar attendant,
who asked him to stop..he moved right into her space as if gonna kiss her..told him to F.in leave it out
Doorman sorted it slung him out...no doubt to do the same somewhere else.whats with these fuckin areswipes...
It's more the late night youngsters bars where things get outta hand..we've seen it....so don't get people saying
pubs should be allowed to open later.

Post Reply