Question of Sport

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
terrya1965

Question of Sport

Post by terrya1965 »

Is 50 years old.In the 70`s and 80`s I use to be a regular watcher.

On the BBC website,they have a Quiz..It says...."A Question of Sport at 50,The Ultimate Sports Quiz" ....I thought,I wonder if I can answer any of the questions from the 70`s and 80`s..This should be a challenge?

Guess what,the questions only go back 4 years...Wtf..What is that all about?What comedian decides to only go back to 2016?

Why bother? :?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/50762593
Last edited by terrya1965 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf

Re: Question of Sport

Post by Gandalf »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:12 pm Is 50 years old.In the 70`s and 80`s I use to be a regular watcher.

On the BBC website,they have a Quiz..It says...."A Question of Sport at 50,The Ultimate Sports Quiz" ....I thought,I wonder if I can answer any of the questions from the 70`s and 80`s..This should be a challenge?

Guess what,the questions only go back 4 years...Wtf..What is that all about?What comedian decides to only go back to 2016?

I too used to be a regular watcher. But A Question of Sport suffered the same dumbing-down that programs like Tomorrow's World suffered. Nothing can be simply informative anymore. Everything has to be funny. So you get all these presenters, who are not comedians, dishing out contrived humour, supposedly for our entertainment.

Competition increases the quality of a product or service. Each offering more than the next to win you over. This is true in all walks of life except, it seems, in television. The more television channels there are the worst the quality seems to be.

As a consequence I almost never watch television these days.

Thames1

Post by Thames1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:12 pm Is 50 years old.In the 70`s and 80`s I use to be a regular watcher.

Terry mate, it's the BBC, what else would you possibly expect?

Any questions about ladies football, paralympics, LGBT or Lenny fucking Henry by any chance?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Thames1 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Terry mate, it's the BBC, what else would you possibly expect?

Any questions about ladies football, paralympics, LGBT or Lenny fucking Henry by any chance?
2 out of 4 not bad. ;)

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Flogged to death ,time to get this shit off screen.

palerider

Post by palerider »

It will be re-vamped with younger and trendier captains soon knowing the BBC.

Phil Tufnell to be replaced by a black lesbian paralympian and Matt Dawson by a gender-neutral Muslim rower who got here across the channel from the Calais jungle and lives at our expense in Islington.

If I ran the Beeb though I'd replace them with Danny Baker and Jeremy Clarkson.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:53 am It will be re-vamped with younger and trendier captains soon knowing the BBC.

Phil Tufnell to be replaced by a black lesbian paralympian and Matt Dawson by a gender-neutral Muslim rower who got here across the channel from the Calais jungle and lives at our expense in Islington.

If I ran the Beeb though I'd replace them with Danny Baker and Jeremy Clarkson.
That did make me laugh.

Shouldn't really,because it won't be far from the truth. :cry:

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

palerider wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:53 am If I ran the Beeb though I'd replace them with Danny Baker and Jeremy Clarkson.
Are you suggesting an aging, overwhelmingly straight, white, male audience doesn't want to be preached at by a woke entertainment industry that views them as educationally subnormal fascists?

If I ran the Beeb the new captains would be Caitlyn Jenner and Gareth Thomas. Ru Paul presenting.

Tell me that's not fucking genius? Anyway, I'm off to join the Labour Party and run for leader.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.