Caster Semenya

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Mikeveep

Re: Caster Semenya

Post by Mikeveep »

New third or fourth Genders !

I do hope Governments think long and hard before any more Legislating on this matter.

So much effort to allow people to physically alter their appearances on an apparent whim, with all the ramifications to society.

Why not try a bit of councelling to persuade people that what they've got is as good as it gets. Where are all the programmes about the wonderful lives that are lead,post op ? I've never seen a happy,fulfilled one.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:04 am Martina Navratilova being raked over the coals now for merely telling the truth.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47301007
Let's examine this and see where these people are going wrong:

First - Trans sportswomen quickly hit back. Rachel McKinnon, who last year became the first transgender woman to win a world track cycling title, called the comments "disturbing, upsetting and deeply transphobic".

Second - In its statement, Athlete Ally said Navratilova's comments were "transphobic, based on a false understanding of science and data, and perpetuate dangerous myths that lead to the ongoing targeting of trans people through discriminatory laws, hateful stereotypes and disproportionate violence".

Ally gets right to the heart of the matter and sensibly wants to root the discussion in science and data. This is particularly helpful in our understanding. Each person normally has one pair of sex chromosomes in each cell. Females have two X chromosomes, while males have one X and one Y chromosome. Ally has a pair of XY chromosomes in each cell but wants to compete in a competition that is designed for competitors who have a pair of XX chromosomes in each cell.

Now, I think we can begin to see the problem with this kind of rule breaking. What Ally should be promoting - and I don't know why nobody else has suggested this - is a series of events where people who were born male compete with similar under the guise of being female.

So you have a category of transgender Athlete's in much the same way as you have categories for Paralympic Athlete's.

That is a fitting solution to a not difficult set of circumstances. It is fair,easy to understand,does not discriminate and has the scope to promote another platform of competition with all the benefits that that suggests.

So that fixes the "science and data" as Ally refers to it and addresses her other concern, the "perpetuation of dangerous myths" because everybody could see, here is a bunch of men doing sports dressed as women.

It would be, and both Rachel and Ally would probably agree - perfectly Trans-lucent

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

That Rachel McKinnon is held up as an example is utterly ridiculous. If, as is suggested, it's all equitable, surely Rachel would have been there or there abouts in top class cycling as a man? Was she? Was she fuck.
And for me the testosterone thing is a red herring. If you reduced any male athletes testosterone level to the equivalent female level would he still punch well above his comparable weight in female competition? Of course he would. Less testosterone doesn't reduce size, muscle mass, or biological structure. I think someone coined the phrase 'gender doping' and for me that is just about right.
Go and find a picture of Rachel McKinnon on the podium and just look at the difference. It's an absolute joke.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm That Rachel McKinnon is held up as an example is utterly ridiculous. If, as is suggested, it's all equitable, surely Rachel would have been there or there abouts in top class cycling as a man? Was she? Was she fuck.
And for me the testosterone thing is a red herring. If you reduced any male athletes testosterone level to the equivalent female level would he still punch well above his comparable weight in female competition? Of course he would. Less testosterone doesn't reduce size, muscle mass, or biological structure. I think someone coined the phrase 'gender doping' and for me that is just about right.
Go and find a picture of Rachel McKinnon on the podium and just look at the difference. It's an absolute joke.
Not only that mate, but estrogen actually increases bone density.

Fallon Fox, transgender MMA fighter who didn't disclose she was transgender until after she'd crushed the skull of an opponent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

She is still allowed to fight women.

The world really is going fucking mental.

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots »

Pennywise wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:01 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm That Rachel McKinnon is held up as an example is utterly ridiculous. If, as is suggested, it's all equitable, surely Rachel would have been there or there abouts in top class cycling as a man? Was she? Was she fuck.

Fallon Fox, transgender MMA fighter who didn't disclose she was transgender until after she'd crushed the skull of an opponent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

Ashlee Evans-Smith punched the fuck out of it though.

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 pm
Pennywise wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:01 pm

That's because he's a fucking shit MMA fighter, fact is he's had 5 wins against pros just due to strength, have you seen his early fights? It's fucking brutal.

If a bloke with no previous experience got in the ring with a pro MMA fighter, male, he wouldn't stand a chance.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Pennywise wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:30 pm
Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 pm

That's because he's a fucking shit MMA fighter, fact is he's had 5 wins against pros just due to strength, have you seen his early fights? It's fucking brutal.

If a bloke with no previous experience got in the ring with a pro MMA fighter, male, he wouldn't stand a chance.
I think you're right. It's not about whether a particular woman can beat a trans athlete, it's about whether that athlete has an advantage over comparable female athletes.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/356 ... 3ac2453dbb

The difference in size..What a joke!

One of his thighs is bigger than both girls waists :oops:

How the f*ck is this an even playing field?Anyone that thinks it is,needs their heads testing!

PS..He must have a small cock :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 am https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/356 ... 3ac2453dbb

How the f*ck is this an even playing field?Anyone that thinks it is,needs their heads testing!

THAT is not female . I’m sorry but it’s not ....
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:31 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 am https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/356 ... 3ac2453dbb

THAT is not female . I’m sorry but it’s not ....
Is it the height,square jaw and flat chest that rather gives the identity away...imagine how successful this person in disguise would be, behind enemy lines in world war II...