F1, 2020

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gandalf

Re: F1, 2020

Post by Gandalf »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:59 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:00 pm Ricciardo driving well. Almost certainly regretting leaving Renault now - they are on the up and up.
Maybe. He's saying he's not - but then again he would say that, wouldn't he! :lol:

But keep in mind where's he's going. McLaren are also on the up-and-up. And both teams are neck-and-neck in the title fight this season.
Renault are primarily car manufacture and can pull out at any time, as we've seen with Honda. Whereas McLaren are primarily a racing team so are not going anywhere.
So don't feel too sorry for him! :D
So OZHAMMER, any change of heart? :D
Attachments
McLaren.png
McLaren.png (18.71 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Gandalf wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:59 pm

Maybe. He's saying he's not - but then again he would say that, wouldn't he! :lol:

But keep in mind where's he's going. McLaren are also on the up-and-up. And both teams are neck-and-neck in the title fight this season.
Renault are primarily car manufacture and can pull out at any time, as we've seen with Honda. Whereas McLaren are primarily a racing team so are not going anywhere.
So don't feel too sorry for him! :D
And I’ve heard that there’s $300mil being invested into McLaren? Is this right?

Ric’s been shot up the arse with a rainbow if that’s the case. He’s done well.

Noni

Post by Noni »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:04 pm
Gandalf wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:26 pm

And I’ve heard that there’s $300mil being invested into McLaren? Is this right?

Ric’s been shot up the arse with a rainbow if that’s the case. He’s done well.
There's also bonus money coming 3rd in the Championship. :) McLaren have certainly done well this season.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Wonder what George could have done in Hams car,been interesting,don't think he could have won,but would
have been pushing to get past Bottas I reckon..
Funny how Bottas can put as fast a Quali lap as anyone in, but come race day,he can't sustain it over the race distance.
Difference between driving fast and racing.
A fit Ham would have passed Bottas and got closer to Vest..do question should he have been in the Car if not fully fit tho.
Most wouldn't have been allowed to drive.

Pretty dull race,pleased for Vest tho...deserves that.....Him And Perez (looks like anyway) next year should be good.

Noni

Post by Noni »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:17 am Wonder what George could have done in Hams car,been interesting,don't think he could have won,but would
have been pushing to get past Bottas I reckon..
Funny how Bottas can put as fast a Quali lap as anyone in, but come race day,he can't sustain it over the race distance.
Difference between driving fast and racing.
A fit Ham would have passed Bottas and got closer to Vest..do question should he have been in the Car if not fully fit tho.
Most wouldn't have been allowed to drive.

Pretty dull race,pleased for Vest tho...deserves that.....Him And Perez (looks like anyway) next year should be good.
Was very surprised seeing Hamilton in the car this weekend. Seeing him being interviewed he made some very nasty coughs in the process. Would of loved to see George back in the Merc.
I agree with you about Bottas, cannot seem to hold it together for the entire race.

Cannot wait for next year with McLaren and Riccardo pairing up with Norris who will have the Merc engines. Not sure if Ferrari can improve for 2021. I expect Carlos Sainz will give LeClerc a run for his money. Might see a few crashes with their drivers.

It's a shame we had such a dull race in this last one. Russia and Abu Dhabi are probably the worst tracks on the calendar. :( .... IMO I thought this year's races were one of the most exciting we've had over the past few years.

Some new tracks on the calendar which spiced it up a bit. Curious if the scheduled tracks for next year 2021 season will remain if this covid is still with us.
Hamilton has been awarded the Hamilton straight at Silverstone on the start, finish area for next year. :)

Noni

Post by Noni »

News just in. Sergio Perez will move to Red Bull and replace Albon who will now become a reserve driver. :)

Noni

Post by Noni »

Red Bull have just confirmed Sergio Perez will join Red Bull to partner Max Verstappen. Alex has now moved over and become a test driver for the team instead. :) .... That makes me happy!............

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Noni wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:21 pm Red Bull have just confirmed Sergio Perez will join Red Bull to partner Max Verstappen. Alex has now moved over and become a test driver for the team instead. :) .... That makes me happy!............
He'll prob step back in year after next....think Perez has something lined up for 2022...not sure what,he mentioned something in
an interveiw..
Might have been Red Bull come to think of it.. ..maybe he's just come bit earlier.

Gotta switch my aligence to Aston Martin From Red Bull for next year...trouble is means supporting Vettel..
Bit Like West Ham Signing the Miserable Moaning Tit Zaha I spose and hoping he does well..... :lol:

Noni

Post by Noni »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:23 pm
Noni wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:21 pm Red Bull have just confirmed Sergio Perez will join Red Bull to partner Max Verstappen. Alex has now moved over and become a test driver for the team instead. :) .... That makes me happy!............
He'll prob step back in year after next....think Perez has something lined up for 2022...not sure what,he mentioned something in
an interveiw..
Might have been Red Bull come to think of it.. ..maybe he's just come bit earlier.

Gotta switch my aligence to Aston Martin From Red Bull for next year...trouble is means supporting Vettel..
Bit Like West Ham Signing the Miserable Moaning Tit Zaha I spose and hoping he does well..... :lol:
Gotta say, though Vettel will have a better season with Aston Martin, he's not the driver he used to be. He may get the odd win or two, but he's prone to mistakes. Saying that, he does do well in a new team.

I'm expecting a lot closer championship next year and feel Bottas will provide a more supportive role in the team to help Hamilton get his 8th title. With Red Bull, McLaren, Renault and Aston Martin, the drivers pairing for each team look very strong indeed, plus all teams have improved over this season.

With 23 races next season, I expect Hamilton to maintain his 11 wins per season record and the rest divided by the other teams, specially Red Bull.

Also Toto has just signed a 3 year contract with Mercedes. :)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Noni wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:32 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:23 pm

an interveiw..

Also Toto has just signed a 3 year contract with Mercedes. :)
Must be short of applicants if even a tiny dog can get in a team 🤦🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!