Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BillyDWhizz »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am

I am not inclined to believe anything those two fools tell me tbh. Compared to, for example, Germany, this country's facilities for testing are strictly third world. And as December approaches and we are no nearer to securing some sort of trade deal with Europe I think we can safely say that things are going to get significantly worse before they get better.
Somebody commented in the pub last night, "freezing,curfews and nothing in the shops..." and an old lady said very quietly "Johnson...the nations cunt"

It's amazing how respected the lad is across all age groups and not just those who attend church...
What makes me laugh is the astonishment some people are showing over just how bad an actual job Boris is doing. How is it even a surprise? Granted, Catweazle would've been just as much a dithering cretin as Boris is but at least there would have been a credible replacement once he was reduced to a quivering mass of snot and tears huddled in the corner. I dread to think who we'll get once Boris starts meandering around doodling on walls with his own faeces.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:33 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 am
Somebody commented in the pub last night, "freezing,curfews and nothing in the shops..." and an old lady said very quietly "Johnson...the nations cunt"

It's amazing how respected the lad is across all age groups and not just those who attend church...
What makes me laugh is the astonishment some people are showing over just how bad an actual job Boris is doing. How is it even a surprise? Granted, Catweazle would've been just as much a dithering cretin as Boris is but at least there would have been a credible replacement once he was reduced to a quivering mass of snot and tears huddled in the corner. I dread to think who we'll get once Boris starts meandering around doodling on walls with his own faeces.
It's not only his haircut and face that's funny, it's funny how his mind works. Two weeks ago he predicted the UK would be back to normal by Christmas thanks to the "moonshot" plan for mass testing.

Today, we are told for the next six months we all have to follow the "bullshit" plan. And because this plan will go the way of all the other plans, we are warned that greater "firepower" may be deployed, closing everything down like last time, for twice the duration.

What a sinister waxy faced little minx

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 pm I had my last pint in the open before the weather turns today. A sombre occasion with a lone piper and all. And a final tip of the hat to dining al fresco with an accompanying bag of peanuts.

A lasting fond memory I hope for the coming dark winter months of complete lockdown with daily TV slots featuring the Chuckle Brothers of science, Glum and Glummer warning that the next person to knock on my door will have a black cape and a scythe.
All the ridiculous restrictions on personal freedom and the damage to whole swathes of the economy might make some sort of sense if the government had a coherent strategy. But it is quite unclear what they are trying to achieve. It is widely accepted that the vast majority of citizens who contract the disease will recover fully within days. FFS there are professional footballers, Pogba being one of the high profile ones, who have had the thing relatively recently and are now back in action.

We can all remember Mikel Arteta being the catalyst for the original football shutdown. The way the news was presented at the time, presumably as part of the Project fear policy, one could have been excused for believing Arsenal would soon be looking for another manager to replace the Late Mr Arteta, whilst the killer plague ravaged the Arsenal playing staff. But no. Arteta was back at work within a couple of weeks. As of course have countless millions been worldwide since all this nonsense started. I think we all know by now which groups are considered most at risk. Surely it is incumbent upon people who believe they are at risk to take necessary precautions whilst the main body of society is allowed to go about it's lawful business, earning the money and paying the taxes that keeps the country running.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:28 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:06 pm I had my last pint in the open before the weather turns today. A sombre occasion with a lone piper and all. And a final tip of the hat to dining al fresco with an accompanying bag of peanuts.

A lasting fond memory I hope for the coming dark winter months of complete lockdown with daily TV slots featuring the Chuckle Brothers of science, Glum and Glummer warning that the next person to knock on my door will have a black cape and a scythe.
All the ridiculous restrictions on personal freedom and the damage to whole swathes of the economy might make some sort of sense if the government had a coherent strategy. But it is quite unclear what they are trying to achieve. It is widely accepted that the vast majority of citizens who contract the disease will recover fully within days. FFS there are professional footballers, Pogba being one of the high profile ones, who have had the thing relatively recently and are now back in action.

We can all remember Mikel Arteta being the catalyst for the original football shutdown. The way the news was presented at the time, presumably as part of the Project fear policy, one could have been excused for believing Arsenal would soon be looking for another manager to replace the Late Mr Arteta, whilst the killer plague ravaged the Arsenal playing staff. But no. Arteta was back at work within a couple of weeks. As of course have countless millions been worldwide since all this nonsense started. I think we all know by now which groups are considered most at risk. Surely it is incumbent upon people who believe they are at risk to take necessary precautions whilst the main body of society is allowed to go about it's lawful business, earning the money and paying the taxes that keeps the country running.
You're taking a bit of a narrow view there tbh. Yeah, sure fit athletic types will more than likely kick the virus with not much trouble but what about the people they come in to contact with who aren't as fit and healthy?

Take for instance that wedding in Maine USA recently, where 65 people turned up even though only 50 were allowed, there then followed an outbreak that infected I can't remember exactly but I think it's about 175 people of which 7 died. None of those 7 people who died went to the wedding. Where is their personal freedom now?

It's fucking unfair to lump responsibility solely on those who are in high risk groups. They should forgo their freedoms but everyone else is ok? "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Is that what you're getting at, because it certainly sounds like it. That's a slippery slope old son.

Look, I get it, the majority will come through this with no ill effects whatsoever and they're all like, "why can't I... blah, blah, blah, whinge, whinge, whinge, fuck your facemask... FREEDOM!..." Until they realise this isn't about protecting THEM it's about protecting EVERYONE, then we're going to stay in this shit state for months and months longer than need be.

The Government must take a huge slice of responsibility for where we are now as their incompetence, indecision and ineptitude has certainly cost thousands of lives and jobs but the British public must learn that their actions are exacerbating an already very bad situation. If this outbreak had been Ebola or Hantavirus I'd wager every fucker in the country would be sitting tight and wearing a facemask. For the people that died of Covid 19, it's been every bit as deadly as either of those viruses but still it's being taken far too lightly.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:07 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:28 pm

You're taking a bit of a narrow view there tbh. Yeah, sure fit athletic types will more than likely kick the virus with not much trouble but what about the people they come in to contact with who aren't as fit and healthy?

Take for instance that wedding in Maine USA recently, where 65 people turned up even though only 50 were allowed, there then followed an outbreak that infected I can't remember exactly but I think it's about 175 people of which 7 died. None of those 7 people who died went to the wedding. Where is their personal freedom now?

It's fucking unfair to lump responsibility solely on those who are in high risk groups. They should forgo their freedoms but everyone else is ok? "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Is that what you're getting at, because it certainly sounds like it. That's a slippery slope old son.

Look, I get it, the majority will come through this with no ill effects whatsoever and they're all like, "why can't I... blah, blah, blah, whinge, whinge, whinge, fuck your facemask... FREEDOM!..." Until they realise this isn't about protecting THEM it's about protecting EVERYONE, then we're going to stay in this shit state for months and months longer than need be.

The Government must take a huge slice of responsibility for where we are now as their incompetence, indecision and ineptitude has certainly cost thousands of lives and jobs but the British public must learn that their actions are exacerbating an already very bad situation. If this outbreak had been Ebola or Hantavirus I'd wager every fucker in the country would be sitting tight and wearing a facemask. For the people that died of Covid 19, it's been every bit as deadly as either of those viruses but still it's being taken far too lightly.
You make some valid points but , whilst I accept that not everyone is fit and athletic, it seems to be an established fact that it is predominantly the elderly, a group which I'm in being in my 60s, and those in poor health. They form a relatively small percentage of society. The question I believe we are entitled to ask is whether it is fair and reasonable, not to mention economically sensible, to take draconian actions in the hope of preventing the virus reaching those who are in the "most vulnerable" group.

Is it reasonable to prevent some people from going about their lawful business, which of course costs them money which maybe they can ill afford to lose? Is it reasonable to disrupt the education of the next generation simply because there is a small danger that little Danny or Susie in year six might infect granny when they next visit her ? At what point do we say enough is enough ? And of course let's not forget that institutions like the NHS are dependent on people working and paying taxes to fund it. And when I talk about those most vulnerable taking responsibility for themselves I mean that Granny can maybe ask Danny and Susie NOT to visit just yet, or their parents could encouraging them to speak to Gran via Facetime or similar. But, and imo this is important, if Granny prefers to take what many see as a risk of meeting with her grandchildren should she not have the right to do so ?

And then we have the absurdity of most of these emergency measures. I can go the the pub at 9 in the evening but I can't go in at 11. Where is the logic, the common sense ? Is the virus a nocturnal beast that only attacks at night ? Of course not. Are our children and grandchildren likely to be more exposed to the virus by visiting relatives or friends and exceeding the magic number of 6 in a house than they are sitting in a classroom with 20 or 30 of their peers ?

The simple fact is until there is a cure the virus will continue to spread as long as people come into contact with one another. And of course it is also possible to catch it by touching something that an infected individual has touched. So if you're unlucky enough to use an ATM, for instance, after a carrier has used it, voila, you've picked it up. As I see it all we've achieved so far after virtually 6 months of economic disruption is to slow down the infection rate. I doubt if anyone with half a working brain cell, and I accept your underlying point about those in government possibly not being in possession of one, thought the measures would magically make the thing vanish. So is it not maybe better to let nature take it's course, face the thing head on and go about our daily lives as best we can.?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Sorry not getting this blame Boris/Government stuff...Press/Media output and lots of the comments on here,you'd think
only the UK has a Prob with this shit of a thing....take a look round the world...everyone is struggling same as us,in the majority
of cases a lot worse at that.

The Government have said all along...they will put measures in place to guide us thru this...BUT...things could change at
short notice,very short notice,depending on how this thing moves among us,which is what happening....the little "Reprieve"
we had last couple months was just enough to help some Businesses get by...
Just got back from Lake District...Chatting to People up there,Camp site owners,cabbies,Pub/Shop owners etc..said exactly that.
it's given them a bit of income...enables them to get by..just.
So the stop start thing may seem like it's someone not knowing what they are doing...but there's numerous reasons for it.

Cases are steadily rising worldwide...might say it hasn't peaked yet...so that means again quite poss ours hasn't,we can
not take any chances with this thing...think it's rising up the charts as worlds biggest killer now...for ailments/deseases..
up into 3rd I believe....and still very very much out of control in huge areas of the world.

Pub thing is as much to do to stop the piss heads turning up at A&E 2 0'Clock in the morning and causing havoc to doctors and
nurses,when they have far more important shit to be dealing with.....I've seen the queues outside late pubs...
Social distancing..... :lol:
Stuff is being done and some of us are not seeing the big picture of why...Press and Media/opposing political parties
have other Agendas..apart from Covid.

If someone has a better plan on how to deal with it...I'd like to hear it...cos Admit..I don't know..
On me own here..but not blaming Government for anything...might have got some shit wrong...timings etc,but like I said
us and rest of world are learning and making the same calls.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

It would been interesting to see how Labour coped with this pandemic everyone can do better when not faced with making critical decisions .
Can’t do any fucking worse I hear ,oh well if you hadn’t had a right cunt as leader we might have known.
Bit like some unemployable twat dribbling in their piss stained pyjamas thinking he’s the next England manager or even ours.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm It would been interesting to see how Labour coped with this pandemic everyone can do better when not faced with making critical decisions .
Can’t do any fucking worse I hear ,oh well if you hadn’t had a right cunt as leader we might have known.
Bit like some unemployable twat dribbling in their piss stained pyjamas thinking he’s the next England manager or even ours.
Easiest job in the fucking world being leader of the opposition.

Johnson's handled it like a dithering cunt. But don't make out for one moment nonce-protector general Starmer would have been a knight in shining armour.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm It would been interesting to see how Labour coped with this pandemic everyone can do better when not faced with making critical decisions .
Easiest job in the fucking world being leader of the opposition.

Johnson's handled it like a dithering cunt. But don't make out for one moment nonce-protector general Starmer would have been a knight in shining armour.
Has been banging on about how when he was Head of the CPS he was responsible for sentencing terrorists ...
Indeed he allowed a plea bargain that let Usman Khan (Stabbed and killed 2 people on London Bridge)
out of jail 8 years early for previous terrorist offences,they dropped the charge of plotting and planning to blow up the
Stock Exchange...so no biggie...

Also And I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here...he would constantly refuse to prosecute the Police for potential
misdemeanors ...Bloke that was shot on Underground...Mendies...old bill thought he was a bomber...
Guy that got Shoved over during a protest march..died a bit later.
Like said not saying these are wrong...
But from a Public perspective come any future election........

Gotta few Skeletons in the cupboard ...

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The latest revised daily testing target has been decided at 500,000 per day in October. Half a million is an impressive quota. It's not the 2 million "moonshot" plan of two weeks ago but it's not insignificant. It's a quarter of a "moonshot" plan

No doubt other fractions will present themselves as other people have a go. British politics is a bit like astronomy, it all depends on the atmospherics...