West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Post by jhammers »

Couldn't see a match thread for the game, so here we go...

Even though we've not been getting the results i am quite confident for this one.

This would be my team:

Fabianski
Zabaleta, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Rice, Obiang, Snodgrass
Diangana, Arnautovic, Perez

Would drop Anderson, he's been really disappointing these last few weeks and he just doesn't look interested. Masuaku is not a left back, please stop playing him there :roll: Perez in as i think he could link up well with Arnie and he scored Wednesday so will be going into the game with confidence.

2-0 - COYI whufc_crest

redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Burnley Game

Post by redhammer »

Big game in a way. Another defeat and I think some of the belief in Pelle may start to quiver, not necessarily speaking about myself but just in general

I'd like to see the exact same side as Jhammers with Zabaleta as captain, not Arnautovic. But got a feeling Anderson and Masuaku Will start over Cresswell and Perez.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

jhammers wrote:Couldn't see a match thread for the game, so here we go...

Even though we've not been getting the results i am quite confident for this one.

This would be my team:

Fabianski
Rice, Obiang, Snodgrass

Would drop Anderson, he's been really disappointing these last few weeks and he just doesn't look interested. Masuaku is not a left back, please stop playing him there :roll: Perez in as i think he could link up well with Arnie and he scored Wednesday so will be going into the game with confidence.

2-0 - COYI whufc_crest

Looks about as good a team as we can put out at the moment, following last seasons debacle not looking forward to this a great deal (in point of fact i cant think of one game this season , after the 1st that i have looked forward to).
Make Gonzo right, if we dont get something the knives could be out for pelli, although strangely , despite all the loss's feel quietly confident that we moving in the right direction....we do need to do this in the prem however.

do we have any news on jacks return yet, seems like ages ago he got injured and not heard a peep since, could be a the perfect nobes replacement as i dont see them playing together.

Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

redhammer wrote:Big game in a way. Another defeat and I think some of the belief in Pelle may start to quiver, not necessarily speaking about myself but just in general

I'd like to see the exact same side as Jhammers with Zabaleta as captain, not Arnautovic. But got a feeling Anderson and Masuaku Will start over Cresswell and Perez.

I'd keep the faith with Anderson still. Other then that, I like the look of the team.

I'm not losing faith in pelle per se, but if we have an expensive manager for three years and it takes the first year to get going that is 33% of our seasons being crap

Thinking about it, that's actually progress.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Liking the Idea with a front 3 of Perez Arnie and Diang with Snodgrass behind a little to the left. (Diang more wide than Perez but similar position in lineup, but Snodgrass can also act as a LW when Perez drifts centrally).
.................Fabianski
Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Cressuaku

................Rice.....Obiang
...........................Snodgrass
..Diang
...................................Perez
.................Arnautovic

Adrian Cressuaku2 Ogbonna Coventry Antonio Anderson Chicharito

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote:
jhammers wrote:Couldn't see a match thread for the game, so here we go...

This would be my team:

Fabianski
Rice, Obiang, Snodgrass

2-0 - COYI whufc_crest

. do we have any news on jacks return yet, seems like ages ago he got injured and not heard a peep since, could be a the perfect nobes replacement as i dont see them playing together.
Isn't it an ankle injury ? Given his history of those it could be a while yet before we see him playing again.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

---------------------Fabs --------------------
Zabs---- Balbuena - Diop ---- Cresswell
--Rice ------- Snodgrass ------- Obiang --
-Diangana ----- Perez ------ Anderson -

For me .

We cannot play 2 in midfield we just dont have the players . And keeping the faith with Anderson still think he is our best chance of creating something , with Perez and Diangana playing .

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote:
brookingslovechild wrote:

. do we have any news on jacks return yet, seems like ages ago he got injured and not heard a peep since, could be a the perfect nobes replacement as i dont see them playing together.
Isn't it an ankle injury ? Given his history of those it could be a while yet before we see him playing again.
Just read on C&H last week that both he and AC had setbacks pushing their returns back further. Who could have predicted this kind of luck?!!

I feel with our spine back - Fabs, Balbuena, Diop & Rice we will be able to have just Rice and Obiang in the middle. The latter looked a little rusty on Wednesday, but he has been out for a few weeks and if he returns to his recent form, I think those 2 in mid should enough against Burnley. I also want to leave Anderson in that attacking setup, feel like the lad just needs his confidence switch turned on and then he could be off the races. If he's as wasteful as recent games in the first half, a qucik hook for Snoddy or Perez in the second. No Arthur as he's shite at defending and actually has offered nothing productive of late going forward save some footskills on the sideline!

Fabs

Zaba. Diop. Balbuena. Cresswell

Rice. Obiang

Diangana. Anderson Antonio

Arnie
#fuckqatar2022

Phil

Post by Phil »

Cresswell is shit sadly

Arthur may not be a left back, but he's a better left back than Creswell

imo

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Phil wrote:Cresswell is shit sadly

Arthur may not be a left back, but he's a better left back than Creswell

imo
disagree, he's an atrocious defender, his errors keep costing us goals and thinks he's bily-big-bollox in attack but has provided very little in terms of crosses, assists or actual goals in that dept. Cresswell adapted really well as the left part of the back 3 last season and with those 2 cbs next to him now in a 4 is much better defender imo. Think Cresswell also is a better crosser of the ball and with Antonio ahead of him, provides good support.
#fuckqatar2022