Training Ground Bust Up

Chat about anything football related here!
ryanguitarhammer

Re: Training Ground Bust Up

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

If I remember correctly, Antonio signed a new contract recently and surely he asked for some assurances about not playing RB and Slav has broken his word?

nz1971

Post by nz1971 »

I'm confused as everyone with bilic's insistence at playing Antonio at full back but it is only the first game in seems a wee bit early for so much doom and gloom

bighammerfan

Post by bighammerfan »

palerider wrote:
Castiron wrote:Just seen this on another site.
Hi fellas, Michal Antonio wants out, this is deveatating news, there has been trouble aplenty, and he's walked away from training, today, there is no confirmation yet BUT apparently Notdveilt and PAYET are injured already, AND Valencia is not well, it's all going wrong, badly wrong, IRONMIKE.
What site was that ?
The site is http://westhamrumours.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and IRONMIKE does seem to be in the know. He has posted on the site for a year or two and is often very accurate with his information so I am a little concerned.

While not claiming to be any more than an armchair coach if we don't have an RB that Bilic doesn't trust Byram (I thought Nordvelt was capable of playing there as well) dont't play one. Why not play 3 CB's and push the full backs ups as wing backs, Antonio will be further up field (hooray) and the right sided CB can cover the space behind him. So we can play either 3-4-3 or my preference 3-4-1-2, fill in names as you prefer.

GK
CB CB CB
WB CM CM WB
AM
ST ST

whufc_crest

PS Should of kept Tomkins!! :evil:

Noni

Post by Noni »

I do not think in a million years that Bilic would disrupt Antonio performance. I believe mainly it was missed judged on the level of players he had.. This is, his first game in the second season, Im sure Bilic will not let us down!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:Hopefully it was more clear the air than a full scale bust up!Geo if we're discussing the right back situation surely they should be to?
If true now is the time for Bilic to man up admit he has made a mistake and let bygones be bygones.

I think he will gain 100 times more respect that way than just carrying on and either not picking Antonio or getting rid of him.

Everyone has something to learn, Bilic is no exception, yes he fucked up but he has to learn to be told also. It's a sour pill to take, but if he's a man he should prove it by acting accordingly and not stamping his feet and refuse to to listen just because he is boss.

But I fear that knowing Bilic and his no nonsense approach towards players we wont be seeing too much of Antonio so soon. If all this is true of course.

I fail to understand why some have to use the term " This is the first game of the season , or one game in" in regards to comments made about Antonio and Bilic. It would be more correct to say it's the umpteenth game. Also stating their trust in him sorting it out. Well as we have seen, he hasn't.and now the issue has been forced on him.

Edit.. I also wonder if Bilic had any real plans for Antonio or has this all been a means to an end. One which seems more likely by the day.

He puts Antonio Rb, declines the option to buy another. Brings in wingers who can operate in Antinios preferred area. We are stocked up in midfield area and seriously lacking in defence. Well I truly hope his game plan works.

We is going to lose a player we know can find the back of the net.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Welwyn hammer wrote:
Castiron wrote:
I think when he was originally asked to play there, he did just that. He always put a shift in, and we all forgave him for the odd mistake, because he is not a right back. It's temporary after all....oh hold on!.[/quote

His mistake on Monday had nothing to do with him playing right back.
Perhaps he believes his own hype.
I think it does actually. He is not a right back, so wouldn't always find himself in that position. His instincts are to get the ball forward and attack. What hype? He has got acclaim for putting in very good performances. Sounds like sour grapes on your part to me tbh.

whu

Post by whu »

we are still just one game in after a terrific season

do people seriously think our manager has not had bigger issues than this in his days as international and club manager?

the lack of respect and assumption is staggering to be honest

clearly there's something going on but I do fear social media is making a standard problem, volcanic at times

Slav walk before Antonio? Really? Championship side player not long ago.
Slav had the confidence to make young Antonio one of our best and most adaptable players last season.

Some saying Allardyce would have been roasted after one game? I can tell you all now MOST of you guys wanted Allardyce to get a new contract season 3 and 4 - fact.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

whu wrote:we are still just one game in after a terrific season

do people seriously think our manager has not had bigger issues than this in his days as international and club manager?

clearly there's something going on but I do fear social media is making a standard problem, volcanic at times

Slav had the confidence to make young Antonio one of our best and most adaptable players last season.

Some saying Allardyce would have been roasted after one game? I can tell you all now MOST of you guys wanted Allardyce to get a new contract season 3 and 4 - fact.
I didn't. Fact.

Welwyn hammer

Post by Welwyn hammer »

Not sour grapes at all,I hope he stays and does well,just think pro footballers should know when to dribble in the box and not.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

whu wrote:we are still just one game in after a terrific season

Not me either, fact.
Bilic was only about 3rd/4th choice here to be fair.