Astra Match Thread - Streams on first post

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Astra Preview

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Breaking on twitter that now Kouyate's injured? Any truth in this?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Rudolph

Byram
Collins
Reid
Obianne

Antonio
Kouyate ( Nordvelt if k inj.)
Noble
Payet

Carroll
Fletcher

Subs.

Oxford
Burke
Nordvelt
Samuelson
Martinez.

I'm guessin the squad so winged it.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Well with the news and info we have since that preview was filmed we KNOW Carroll will play a part as will Calleri ( who never got a mention) and Reid as we saw the pics on the plane .
We also know Payer isn't involved so it's gonna be guessing games right up to kick off isn't it ?

Are we taking the EL seriously ? Has our injury crisis changed all that ?
Well my opinion is that if Bilic is still taking this competition seriously then he has to play the strongest team available .

He can't do that is Payet didn't even travel.

Strongest available team (ie IN Rumania) means NOT playing the Burkes , Fletcher's and Oxford's .

Starting tonight with 2+ kids in the team will tell us how serious the club are about making the group stages and to tell you the truth I'm not confident.
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote:Well with the news and info we have since that preview was filmed we KNOW Carroll will play a part as will Calleri ( who never got a mention) and Reid as we saw the pics on the plane .
We also know Payer isn't involved so it's gonna be guessing games right up to kick off isn't it ?

Well my opinion is that if Bilic is still taking this competition seriously then he has to play the strongest team available .

Strongest available team (ie IN Rumania) means NOT playing the Burkes , Fletcher's and Oxford's .

Starting tonight with 2+ kids in the team will tell us how serious the club are about making the group stages and to tell you the truth I'm not confident.
You know I had completely forgotten about Celery.

So wanting your strongest team, would you start him based on previews and rep.
? Just a question.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

redhammer wrote:I really don't want to see Caroll tonight. I am a bit worried about him playing 3 games and potentially 90 minutes in all 3, in 7 days. His value to West Ham doubled with the Ayew news and we need him fit for Bournemouth and City. I don't think we can gamble with his fitness.
I can see "your logic" Red but fuck me he needs games.....AND goals!!!!

Hes also not exactly "fatigued" after playing a handful of games for us since he joined us!!!!

The BEST WAY to get fit is to play games (yes obviously the more games you play the higher chance of an injury by the opposition) BUT SURELY THE KEY HERE IS HE NEEDS TO PLAY TO GET MATCH FIT THUS REDUCING THE CHANCES OF INJURY DUE TO " HES NOT MATCH FIT"!!!!!

We are paying him and he needs games....IN FOR ME.

Also think with all "the Antonio bollox" that Slav needs to send some dominant messages out and not have the vultures circling any more than they are!!!

Im all for giving "fringe players" a game.

But thats Oxford in a pairing with Reid, Obiang in a pairing with Kouyate (Noble) and Calleri in a pairing with Carroll.

With Randolf between the sticks thats "a good mix" of regulars and fringe with a good strong core to the team and support for those you are trying to integrate.....told you Froggie this Managerial lark is a doddle!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Well with the news and info we have since that preview was filmed we KNOW Carroll will play a part as will Calleri ( who never got a mention) and Reid as we saw the pics on the plane .

? Just a question.
Well at a risk of contradicting my earlier comment Joe , yes I would purely because it may give Carroll a rest .
We know Carroll will play a part purely because he is there and bar Calleri is our only proper striker fit .
So for me it's senior players with Calleri up top until it goes wrong ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

? Just a question.
Well at a risk of contradicting my earlier comment Joe , yes I would purely because it may give Carroll a rest .
We know Carroll will play a part purely because he is there and bar Calleri is our only proper striker fit .
So for me it's senior players with Calleri up top until it goes wrong ;)
Fair point, and I know the less time Carroll plays tonight will make Mr Red happy.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Looks like we are in the shitbox with all the injuries.
Maybe we see something like this tonight.

Randy
Burke Ogbonna Oxford Byram
Antonio noble obiang tore
Valencia
Carroll
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Randolph
Byram
Oxford
Ogbonna
Burke
Obiang
Noble
Antonio
Valencia
Tore
Calleri

Interesting...

Kouyate's on the bench along with Adrian, Reid, Collins, Browne, Fletcher and AC
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

BillyDWhizz wrote:Randolph
Byram
Oxford
Ogbonna
Burke
Obiang
Noble
Antonio
Valencia
Tore
Calleri

Interesting...

Kouyate's on the bench along with Adrian, Reid, Collins, Browne, Fletcher and AC
I like the look of that for tonight.Hope it works well.