Payet

Chat about anything football related here!

Would you take Dimitri Payet back ??

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

h69

Payet

Post by h69 »

From Ex this morning

Seeing as it has been leaked now by many sources the player was Payet! Shockingly his agent got in touch with club because Marseille need to sell. He said he would be happy to return because the personal issues he had have been resolved. It is very unlikely at this point though⚒
Last edited by h69 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton

Re: Payet

Post by Clayton »

I would prefer him over Candreva , but is he what we require now in the type of game pellegrini plays , not the ideal age but I suppose if Pellegrini see's him as a asset I wouldnt have any quarms if he rejoined us .
He's the best we have seen at the club for a good 40 years , I really dont understand why anyone would not want him back , ok he up sticks and fucked off so what , big deal get over it . Forgive and forget , turn the other cheek :o
Last edited by Clayton on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

I would imagine much depends on how the players feel about him. They fell out with him big time

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Bit of a bomb shell this question especially now as Lanzini is out which might change peoples choice.

I have voted yes, though the reason for the approach was , if memory serves, the same as his previous arrival which also makes me wonder how much would Marsaille hold out for and would the dealings get in the way. But as a player, even with his history with us yes i would take him back.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote:I would imagine much depends on how the players feel about him. They fell out with him big time
Their will not be enough of them players left to express how they feel hopefully :shock: :lol:

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

I voted no,he's now 31 which wouldn't have been a problem had he stayed and kept up with the rigours of the Prem,but not only that would these "personal issues" resurface ..? also didn't I read somewhere that they want more than we sold him for.? and that's apart from the bitter taste left on how he went about his move.COYI

h69

Post by h69 »

Torn on it.

I really want to say No because of the way he left and the reason he (allegedly) left.

BUT 31 or not, he would undoubtedly be a superb signing given that we know he can handle the PL and with Lanzini out, we need creativity....in fact we need that even with him in the side.

We would be very potent up front if we had him and Arnie in the team but I dont know whether the chemistry would work.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

if he came back it would be embarrassing as I for one could not sing the just don't think you understand song

would I want him back not sure think there is better and younger without the baggage to be honest

many said on here he was a fucking French cunt and nothing has made me feel any different, let him jog on to orient

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

h69 wrote:I would imagine much depends on how the players feel about him. They fell out with him big time
Yeah, what happened there again? I seem to remember a function being organised that Payet wanted to attend, and JC twerted “Sorry. West Ham players only.”

Or something along those lines?

h69

Post by h69 »

OZHAMMER wrote:
Yeah, what happened there again? I seem to remember a function being organised that Payet wanted to attend, and JC twerted “Sorry. West Ham players only.”

Or something along those lines?
I don't think Noble had too many good things to say about him either.