Good luck Frank.

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Good luck Frank.

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote:In the days before I was dumb naive and gullible I always considered young Frank to be a complete cunt for crying like a little girl and demanding a transfer after Daddy and Uncle Harry got the bullet.

Nowadays I’m not entitled to an opinion as I cannot attend matches any more so therefore I really couldn’t give a fuck.
Fucking drama queen :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote:I actually think Frank will do well.His very articulate.Derby could be a difficult job though if his not backed properly by the board(many haven`t).
Agree completely, I think he will do well also.......I think its good that a young Englishman is starting out down in the Championship and he has guts because Derby will expect to be up there as they got to the playoffs this season so there is certainly pressure there.

Better than going to Rangers......I think Gerrard is on a hiding to nothing up there as they are so far behind Celtic.

As others said, he could easily have just stuck to punditry and raked in the dough but clearly loves the game and much as some don't like to say, he was one of the best box to box midfielders in the world for his generation and Chelsea's record goalscorer so he was a superb player.
Last edited by h69 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

Newmarket wrote:In the days before I was dumb naive and gullible I always considered young Frank to be a complete cunt for crying like a little girl and demanding a transfer after Daddy and Uncle Harry got the bullet.

Nowadays I’m not entitled to an opinion as I cannot attend matches any more so therefore I really couldn’t give a fuck.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Nicely observed...I've noticed young Frank's casual sniffy superiority whilst a guest MOTD pundit

...I do hope the lad is not going to swagger into Derby and make a silly arse of the whole experience...

H4L

Post by H4L »

Fuck him!

Romford

Post by Romford »

Got very preferential treatment compared to Berkovic who always got taken off...

Made the most of the situation at Villa Park with the injury....it wasn't even as much as when Boa Morte got injured in Beijing FFS. He used that as an excuse to get away (along with his Dad getting sacked) and get a pay-out from the Chavs. Lets be honest...he was never popular with our crowd home or away and that grated on him (and his father)

Yes he turned into decent player (with an amazing scoring record fair do's) but i watched him many times for England and he wasn't half the player that Gerrard was and neither really done it for their country.

As a person...he was an arrogant tosser just like his father who sadly did nothing for anyone else even though he was in a position to do so.

I don't wish him any bad luck....but i think many on here have rather selective memory if they think he was hard done by by anyone at WHUFC.

Derby are a club i have great respect for...but i cannot see this ending in anything but tears sadly.

Romford

Post by Romford »

Lets turn this around...

Lets look at our "Crown Jewels" and see how their careers panned out :

Rio....seen as the best of the lot, loved by our crowd and everywhere he went. Still handles himself well and does a lot for his charity abroad. Very well respected by all fans

Joe Cole...loved by our crowd, not really made the most of his potential due to injuries. Unlucky but still did well for his country and won the Prem .

Carrick....loved by our crowd, let himself down with the season we went down with his form but went on to do over a decade for the biggest team in the world. Never slagged off by anyone and does a great deal for charity.

Defoe....loved by our crowd, fucked up hugely when we got relegated but has had a good career and says good things about us now. Does a lot for the Carribean.

And then Frank....never popular with our crowd, did the best with his given talent (good luck to him) but is not held with much love with anyone apart from Blues fans.

Fair ?

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

Romford wrote:Lets turn this around...

Rio....seen as the best of the lot, loved by our crowd and everywhere he went. Still handles himself well and does a lot for his charity abroad. Very well respected by all fans

Joe Cole...loved by our crowd, not really made the most of his potential due to injuries. Unlucky but still did well for his country and won the Prem .

Carrick....loved by our crowd, let himself down with the season we went down with his form but went on to do over a decade for the biggest team in the world. Never slagged off by anyone and does a great deal for charity.

Defoe....loved by our crowd, fucked up hugely when we got relegated but has had a good career and says good things about us now. Does a lot for the Carribean.

And then Frank....never popular with our crowd, did the best with his given talent (good luck to him) but is not held with much love with anyone apart from Blues fans.

Fair ?

can not disagree with that

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

cockneyhammer wrote:

Fair ?

can not disagree with that
Yep have to agree with CH ...very fair.
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Fair ?
Yep, spot on......he is certainly held as a legend at Chelsea given he is their all time top scorer but we only saw him when he was a lad so never really reached his peak until he left