Unless we get Benitez, we'll be relegated next season

Chat about anything football related here!
FatPigIron

Unless we get Benitez, we'll be relegated next season

Post by FatPigIron »

We have had 2 of the most miserable seasons ever, and currently the line of 'progression' is relegation next season.
We need a miracle worker or major surgery, or both.
Benitez is a phenomenon; makes a team perform above the sum of its parts which is EXACTLY what we need...and the football is good to watch. Apparently, he doesn't have a 'Plan B', when things not going well... well, can't be worse than the dirge we've had for 2 seasons now.
Overcoming my initial reservations, I'd had big hopes with Moyes, but it's been VERY disappointing and painful... The thought of a 3rd season of wheel-chair speed out of defence to attack would be suicide inducing!
And let's face it, even if Board offered £60m, how far does that go these days? I'd say Arnie is now worth £50-60, so £30-35 will only get someone averagely good IMO.
Silva IMO, he's a disaster; after brilliant starts, he has runs of appalling results...He's got relegation guanranteed stamped all over him...
Touchel TBH I don't know enough about him - Ditto Emary, but would they come to WHU anyway?
So, it's Benitez or bust for me!

Incidentally, I think time is up for Ginge, but would love him to stay on in 1 way or another. After Nobles, he's MR WHU. Hope he starts on Sun. Gut wrenching to see him go. Must get his own farewell lap of honour on Sun.

Also, am I the only 1 who thinks Adrian is easily good enough, and not waste precious resources on a replacment? PLEASE no more Hart...

Why haven't we got 3 or 4 dead ball takers? Why don't they practice after training for hours? Money not good enough?

Whiskyman

Re: Unless we get Benitez, we'll be relegated next season

Post by Whiskyman »

Benitez is working with one hand tied behind his back at Newcastle. I can't see him wanting to move to another club where he's going to be in the same situation.

Tuchel and Emery ? Very much doubt if either of them would even bother returning the dwarf's phone call tbh. Although the iconic transport links might appeal.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

FatPigIron wrote:We have had 2 of the most miserable seasons ever, and currently the line of 'progression' is relegation next season.
Benitez is a phenomenon; makes a team perform above the sum of its parts which is EXACTLY what we need...and the football is good to watch. Apparently, he doesn't have a 'Plan B', when things not going well... well, can't be worse than the dirge we've had for 2 seasons now.
Overcoming my initial reservations, I'd had big hopes with Moyes, but it's been VERY disappointing and painful... The thought of a 3rd season of wheel-chair speed out of defence to attack would be suicide inducing!
And let's face it, even if Board offered £60m, how far does that go these days? I'd say Arnie is now worth £50-60, so £30-35 will only get someone averagely good IMO.
Silva IMO, he's a disaster; after brilliant starts, he has runs of appalling results...He's got relegation guanranteed stamped all over him...
Touchel TBH I don't know enough about him - Ditto Emary, but would they come to WHU anyway?

Incidentally, I think time is up for Ginge, but would love him to stay on in 1 way or another. After Nobles, he's MR WHU. Hope he starts on Sun. Gut wrenching to see him go. Must get his own farewell lap of honour on Sun.

Also, am I the only 1 who thinks Adrian is easily good enough, and not waste precious resources on a replacment? PLEASE no more Hart...

Why haven't we got 3 or 4 dead ball takers? Why don't they practice after training for hours? Money not good enough?
Goalkeeper is no way the priority mate as you say and Adrian will have several good games per season.

He will also have several rickets which will cost him and us but it's by no means PRIORITY.

We need a first choice RB.

As it looks like Zabs legs have gone and Byram is either always injured and simply not good enough you could argue 2.

We need a LB.

Cresswell has done marginally less damage at CH bit s still woeful as he evidenced with that horror show decision v Leicester ( how lucky he and we were with that decision) and Masuaka should ONLY be considered if playing 3 at the back as he has next to no defensive attributes .

So first choice LB.

Ginge needs replaced and it's arguable now whether Reid is of any use due to injuries and pretty diremform when he is fit!!

Which leaves Rice and Ogbonna. Decent starting blocks ( particularly Rice) but top class 1 at choice CH required ( whether you keep Reid as back up is debatable).

Midfield!!!!

Mmmmm.

Sorry but only Fernandez getting kept for me for definite with Kouyate possibly as back up but 2 first choice Central Midfielders required.

One with very good defensive abilities and one with a great engine married to a bit of vision and carrying a wee bit of a goal threat at the same time.

Antonio and Lanzini ( poorish and inconsistent as he is) will perform better with better support round about them so worth keeping.

Up front Hernandez and Arnie are given but we need a CF who can also come from wide if required and switch with Arnie when needed.

So all in all A MASSIVE job for whoever comes in.

And let's try and buy AT LEAST A FEW players who will be GARAUNTEED starters and big improvements on what we have.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

If Moyes stays........absolutely no chance of relegation.....7th to 14th......

New Manager,with control over Incoming and a decent Budget....F**k Knows.....
Could be be the best thing ever, or relegation battle again.....

Take yer pick...

Couple months ago I was in the,lets get stable camp,and build from that,but lately I've had
enough pissing around.......Lets just go for it.....

But as long as our owners are here....nothing will change.....get rid of Moyes,get someone
else in whoever that may be........and Sulli will still be poking around....Do This,can't do
that.......want a net Spend under £30 mill.....ETC....

You can want and dream all you want...with those guys here .....we're stuffed......

I don't dislike Moyes,like some of you guys.....posted before,had a bit of a shit time of it IMO,
but would swap for Benitez........brings a bit more......

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

FatPigIron wrote:We have had 2 of the most miserable seasons ever, and currently the line of 'progression' is relegation next season.

I dont understand why there are so many Moyes doubters on here , the guy has come in and kept us up which was his remit . Hes done that with a team that has had injuries to key personnel , and most of us accept the team is in need of a upgrade in key positions . No one could have done any better , with the scatter shot approach to our transfer policy we are a a very unbalanced team . I dont understand all the fuss about Benitez he prioritises defensive play using a 4-2-3-1 the same system that Moyes favours , which he used with great effect at Everton , but couldnt with us because there wasnt the players . If Benitez comes in it will be more of the same , but then I feel that whoever comes in will not get the support from the board , to do the job required anyway.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Porterman wrote:

Goalkeeper is no way the priority mate as you say and Adrian will have several good games per season.

He will also have several rickets which will cost him and us but it's by no means PRIORITY.

We need a first choice RB.

As it looks like Zabs legs have gone and Byram is either always injured and simply not good enough you could argue 2.

We need a LB.

Cresswell has done marginally less damage at CH bit s still woeful as he evidenced with that horror show decision v Leicester ( how lucky he and we were with that decision) and Masuaka should ONLY be considered if playing 3 at the back as he has next to no defensive attributes .

So first choice LB.

Ginge needs replaced and it's arguable now whether Reid is of any use due to injuries and pretty diremform when he is fit!!

Which leaves Rice and Ogbonna. Decent starting blocks ( particularly Rice) but top class 1 at choice CH required ( whether you keep Reid as back up is debatable).

Midfield!!!!

Mmmmm.

Sorry but only Fernandez getting kept for me for definite with Kouyate possibly as back up but 2 first choice Central Midfielders required.

One with very good defensive abilities and one with a great engine married to a bit of vision and carrying a wee bit of a goal threat at the same time.

Antonio and Lanzini ( poorish and inconsistent as he is) will perform better with better support round about them so worth keeping.

Up front Hernandez and Arnie are given but we need a CF who can also come from wide if required and switch with Arnie when needed.

So all in all A MASSIVE job for whoever comes in.

And let's try and buy AT LEAST A FEW players who will be GARAUNTEED starters and big improvements on what we have.
goodpost:)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I would take Benitez.

He would come on HIS terms.In other words,he would have complete control of the transfers and running of the football side.

Whoever managers us,they need that control,otherwise,it`s BYE BYE West Ham next season.

So Sullivan,if you are reading this,take note.If you don`t listen, you are cutting your own throat.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Clayton wrote:

I dont understand why there are so many Moyes doubters on here , the guy has come in and kept us up which was his remit . Hes done that with a team that has had injuries to key personnel , and most of us accept the team is in need of a upgrade in key positions . No one could have done any better , with the scatter shot approach to our transfer policy we are a a very unbalanced team . I dont understand all the fuss about Benitez he prioritises defensive play using a 4-2-3-1 the same system that Moyes favours , which he used with great effect at Everton , but couldnt with us because there wasnt the players . If Benitez comes in it will be more of the same , but then I feel that whoever comes in will not get the support from the board , to do the job required anyway.
You don't know why there are " so many Moyes doubters on here"?

Did you actually write that?

Was it not your good self who stated " I dont like Moyes".

And when pressed for a reason gave the very in-depth and thoughtful response of " just because I don't" .

Mmmmm.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Porterman wrote:
Clayton wrote:

And when pressed for a reason gave the very in-depth and thoughtful response of " just because I don't" .

Mmmmm.
Its nothing to do with his football management skills , I just dont connect with him . Have you ever met someone and instantly thought there is no way we would get on , well thats how I feel.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Clayton wrote:
Porterman wrote:

Mmmmm.
Its nothing to do with his football management skills , I just dont connect with him . Have you ever met someone and instantly thought there is no way we would get on , well thats how I feel.