Unless we get Benitez, we'll be relegated next season

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Unless we get Benitez, we'll be relegated next season

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote:Benitez is working with one hand tied behind his back at Newcastle. I can't see him wanting to move to another club where he's going to be in the same situation.

Tuchel and Emery ? Very much doubt if either of them would even bother returning the dwarf's phone call tbh. Although the iconic transport links might appeal.
Money talks first of course so if Yoda was to dangle a sufficiently large carrot under the waiter's nose, I'm sure he'd come running. He very nearly did before the Madrid job came calling.
But, of course herein lies the problem. Not only is it a nightmare working for Yoda, he'd dangle a bag of baby carrots from LIDL under the waiter's hooter.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Benitez is working with one hand tied behind his back at Newcastle. I can't see him wanting to move to another club where he's going to be in the same situation.

Tuchel and Emery ? Very much doubt if either of them would even bother returning the dwarf's phone call tbh. Although the iconic transport links might appeal.
Money talks first of course so if Yoda was to dangle a sufficiently large carrot under the waiter's nose, I'm sure he'd come running. He very nearly did before the Madrid job came calling.
But, of course herein lies the problem. Not only is it a nightmare working for Yoda, he'd dangle a bag of baby carrots from LIDL under the waiter's hooter.
Yoda :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Mikeveep wrote:It is absolutely not as bad a picture as is painted.

Moyes will know as we all do.. two box to box midfielders (to complement Noble,not replace him) would transform this squad. Adrian, Zab,Cress are well up to the mid table position we should be aiming at with the available budget.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Porterman wrote:
Porterman wrote:
No I wouldnt since you ask.

Why would you judge somebody you knew nothing about?!

Shouldn't we be judging Moyes on his footballing managing abilitys ( or subsequent lack off).
Your a fine one to talk about judging somebody you know nothing about .

H4L

Post by H4L »

Maybe I am asking to much but I want out board to diligently look for a manager. One that will not only steady the ship but be progressive and build a team that attacks with style and tried to win games. Also this manager should be respectful of our traditions and history. Is that beyond our board? Am I asking to much?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Surely Christian Titz is the perfect manager on any number of levels. He almost performed a miracle at Hamburg, and his name is fucking brilliant.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

FatPigIron wrote:We have had 2 of the most miserable seasons ever, and currently the line of 'progression' is relegation next season.
We need a miracle worker or major surgery, or both.
Benitez is a phenomenon; makes a team perform above the sum of its parts which is EXACTLY what we need...and the football is good to watch. Apparently, he doesn't have a 'Plan B', when things not going well... well, can't be worse than the dirge we've had for 2 seasons now.
Overcoming my initial reservations, I'd had big hopes with Moyes, but it's been VERY disappointing and painful... The thought of a 3rd season of wheel-chair speed out of defence to attack would be suicide inducing!
And let's face it, even if Board offered £60m, how far does that go these days? I'd say Arnie is now worth £50-60, so £30-35 will only get someone averagely good IMO.
Silva IMO, he's a disaster; after brilliant starts, he has runs of appalling results...He's got relegation guanranteed stamped all over him...
Touchel TBH I don't know enough about him - Ditto Emary, but would they come to WHU anyway?
So, it's Benitez or bust for me!

Incidentally, I think time is up for Ginge, but would love him to stay on in 1 way or another. After Nobles, he's MR WHU. Hope he starts on Sun. Gut wrenching to see him go. Must get his own farewell lap of honour on Sun.

Also, am I the only 1 who thinks Adrian is easily good enough, and not waste precious resources on a replacment? PLEASE no more Hart...

Why haven't we got 3 or 4 dead ball takers? Why don't they practice after training for hours? Money not good enough?
Benitez is a phenomenon; makes a team perform above the sum of its parts - isnt that what Moyes has done !

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Clayton wrote:
Porterman wrote:
No I wouldnt since you ask.

Why would you judge somebody you knew nothing about?!

Shouldn't we be judging Moyes on his footballing managing abilitys ( or subsequent lack off).
Your a fine one to talk about judging somebody you know nothing about .
Like who?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Rafa won't join us in a month of Sundays. He would want to vastly improve the squad and wages i am guessing around 4 Million a year Min. Our Net spend over 2 years is less than Newcastle's i think? Can you see our board bringing in a manager that wants to dive into the transfer market with more than a 60 Million Kitty plus whatever offloading players bring in?
I said it before about Everton. They are our benchmark and we are lights away from spending money on players like they do .They wouldn't even think about spending 30 Million on Mario. He would be a decent addition to the squad but for that money our board want a future Maradonna. Whats our highest priced player? 24 Million? hahahaha Pleaseeeee. Even behind Palace who have an air raid shelter as a stadium.
I do like Carrol. He has that killer attitude when he is on and i also like watching him pollaxe players but he has to go because of his injuries. Chico has to go because we won't provide the guy with enough service. That should net us over 25 Million there. If Moyes stays he wont lose Kouyate. Moyes loves a cart horse in that middle who can run a marathon and thats what Kouyate is. Lanzini is doubtful , unless we get a couple of decent players in. Why would he want to spend another season in premiership fighting relegation at 25? If i were him i would be on me toes. So lets see what players go and see what cash the owners put to that and then see what they do with that cash. Interesting times ahead despite the season finishing for us seeing what path we walk down for next season.
Last edited by IronsForever on Sat May 12, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

I'm actually cautiously optimistic that Moyes will be gone in the summer. Not necessarily on our part, maybe on his part too. A mutual parting of the ways could be in the air.

And I wonder if Allaryce leaves Everton, they offer Moyes the chance to return to Goodison. Wouldn't suprise me.

I'd be happy with Benitez but, as has already been pointed out, why would he want to go from working for Mike Ashley to working for David Sullivan. If he's unhappy at Newcastle, he'd hardly be happy working for our mob.

Pellegrini's name keeps popping up. I'd be happy with The Engineer at the London Stadium.