The 3 For The Drop---Official.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

The 3 For The Drop---Official.

Post by Whiskyman »

The data has been fed into a super computer, the results analysed, re analysed, and finally scrutinised by my 11 year old grandson. And I can now give you the definitive information on ther relegation race. For the purpose of this exercise I have, being a pessimist in all matters West Ham assumed we will gain TWO more points from out remaining fixtures. At home to Stoke and Everton. So we finish on 36 points.

Now the rest. I have gone up as far as Brighton and assumed West Brom have already gone.

Stoke. Currently on 27 points. As said a draw at our place, and at home to Burnley. A win at home to Palace, defeats at Anfield and Swansea. Final Total 32

Saints. Currently 28 points. A win at home to Bournemouth, a point at Swansea and at home to Chelsea. Defeats at Leicester, Everton and at home to Man City. Final Total 33.

Palace. Currently 31 points. Wins at home to Brighton and West Brom and draws at home to Leicester and at Watford. Defeat at Stoke. Total 39 points

Huddersfield. Currently 32 points. Win at home to Watford, draw home to Everton. Lose at Man City & Chelsea, and home to Arsenal. Total 36 points.

Swansea. Currently 32 points. Win at home to Stoke, draws at home to Everton, Saints and at Bournemouth. Defeats at home to Chelsea and at Man City. Total 38 points.

Brighton. Currently 35 points. I seriously think they could lose all 6 of their remaining games. By some distance the hardest run in on paper. They play at Palace, Burnley, Man City & Liverpool and at home to Spurs and Man United. Total 35 points.

So ladies, gentlemen, boys & girls assuming we pick up at least one more point we will be safe. We may even finish above Huddersfield and make 16th place on goal difference, so we are only 10 places and about 15 or so points away from the promised land of European qualification.

After the appointment of Barry Fry as DOF and the dwarf, freed from the hassle of that position, able to take control of the team, thus saving on Moyes salary, we can look forward to another roller coaster ride next season.

So it's goodbye to the current bottom 3. I've always had a soft spot for West Brom after the final game of that wobderful 85/856 season when a group of their fans, they were already relegated, told us they were gutted we couldn't win the league because Liverpool had beaten Chelsea the same day. So I'm sorry to see them go.

But Stoke will hopefully never darken the PL again. Horrible, shit hole, of a place. Horrible ignorant fans and a style of football in most seasons that makes an Allardyce team look like Real Madrid. And good riddance to Southampton and their deluded fan base. Hope they enjoy watching "good football" in the Championship after the likes of Tadic, Romeu and Bertrand depart for pastures new. They deserve Mark Hughes. It's a marriage made in heaven.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Re: The 3 For The Drop---Official.

Post by palerider »

West Brom, Stoke and us.

We'll lose every remaining game. A last minute penalty reprieve at home to Everton will be saved by Jordan Pickford and we'll go down on goal difference.

The dwarf will immediately bring a prosecution against Bobby Madley for the 'goal' at Bournemouth which will be heard in the high court, the appeal court, the tribunal for sport and the ECHR before being thrown out. The dwarf will then march on parliament on his own. And collect coins thrown at him as bemused Japanese tourists will think he's a circus act.

He'll then attempt to fine Michail Antonio 160 million pounds in lost revenue for his brain-fade at Palace. When that fails he'll sell him, Arnautovic, Lanzini and Rice while bringing Snodgrass back. He'll also issue a statement of 'learning from our mistakes' and promising to bounce straight back with a number of high-profile signings.

In the middle of June the fixtures come out and we'll be away at Millwall.

Arnautovic shirts will go on sale in the club shop with a 5% discount.

David Gold will ask Karren Brady if he's had his breakfast yet.

And life will go on at the iconic London Stadium with it's high-speed transport links.

Broga81

Post by Broga81 »

18th -Huddersfield
19th -Southampton
20th - West Brom

h69

Post by h69 »

Southampton - worst team Ive seen at our place this season (even worse than us) and as mentioned....deluded in getting rid of Puel because he didnt play atrractive enough football.

Stoke - Had no heart when we played up there....play in a lego set on a hill with seemingly its own climate

WBA - Relegated ages ago.....any team relying on Daniel Sturridge never had a hope.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote:The data has been fed into a super computer, the results analysed, re analysed, and finally scrutinised by my 11 year old grandson. And I can now give you the definitive information on ther relegation race. For the purpose of this exercise I have, being a pessimist in all matters West Ham assumed we will gain TWO more points from out remaining fixtures. At home to Stoke and Everton. So we finish on 36 points.

Now the rest. I have gone up as far as Brighton and assumed West Brom have already gone.

Stoke. Currently on 27 points. As said a draw at our place, and at home to Burnley. A win at home to Palace, defeats at Anfield and Swansea. Final Total 32

Saints. Currently 28 points. A win at home to Bournemouth, a point at Swansea and at home to Chelsea. Defeats at Leicester, Everton and at home to Man City. Final Total 33.

Palace. Currently 31 points. Wins at home to Brighton and West Brom and draws at home to Leicester and at Watford. Defeat at Stoke. Total 39 points

Huddersfield. Currently 32 points. Win at home to Watford, draw home to Everton. Lose at Man City & Chelsea, and home to Arsenal. Total 36 points.

Swansea. Currently 32 points. Win at home to Stoke, draws at home to Everton, Saints and at Bournemouth. Defeats at home to Chelsea and at Man City. Total 38 points.

Brighton. Currently 35 points. I seriously think they could lose all 6 of their remaining games. By some distance the hardest run in on paper. They play at Palace, Burnley, Man City & Liverpool and at home to Spurs and Man United. Total 35 points.

So ladies, gentlemen, boys & girls assuming we pick up at least one more point we will be safe. We may even finish above Huddersfield and make 16th place on goal difference, so we are only 10 places and about 15 or so points away from the promised land of European qualification.

After the appointment of Barry Fry as DOF and the dwarf, freed from the hassle of that position, able to take control of the team, thus saving on Moyes salary, we can look forward to another roller coaster ride next season.

So it's goodbye to the current bottom 3. I've always had a soft spot for West Brom after the final game of that wobderful 85/856 season when a group of their fans, they were already relegated, told us they were gutted we couldn't win the league because Liverpool had beaten Chelsea the same day. So I'm sorry to see them go.

But Stoke will hopefully never darken the PL again. Horrible, shit hole, of a place. Horrible ignorant fans and a style of football in most seasons that makes an Allardyce team look like Real Madrid. And good riddance to Southampton and their deluded fan base. Hope they enjoy watching "good football" in the Championship after the likes of Tadic, Romeu and Bertrand depart for pastures new. They deserve Mark Hughes. It's a marriage made in heaven.
Too much information. Have a nice double pie'n' mash with licker and sing "Bubbles" till your voice runs out. ;)
Ps you realise that "Bubbles" is 100 years old this year. :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Here's hoping Whiskey..... :D keep waiting for someone to make a move,but looks like it's
just the Geordies,havin a go......which is really pissing me off,as I've still got designs on that
10th spot.....Due mainly to the fact I've had Numerous little bets over the season on it,and if we
were to.. would cover next seasons beer money.... :lol:

If any of the teams below us could nick 2/3 wins could still mean us needing 38/39 to be
absolutely save....

With you with the Baggies,have seen a few run-ins with them,but the best of the Brum lot
by far,and a good mate of mine is one,even been to game up there with him,Chelsea.would
you believe... :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:The data has been fed into a super computer, the results analysed, re analysed, and finally scrutinised by my 11 year old grandson. And I can now give you the definitive information on ther relegation race. For the purpose of this exercise I have, being a pessimist in all matters West Ham assumed we will gain TWO more points from out remaining fixtures. At home to Stoke and Everton. So we finish on 36 points.

Too much information. Have a nice double pie'n' mash with licker and sing "Bubbles" till your voice runs out. ;)
Ps you realise that "Bubbles" is 100 years old this year. :i am genuinely amused:
I didn't realise that. I hope the queen sent it a fucking telegram. Or does she do it by e mail these days ?

But 100 years old. Really ? Have we never heard of euthanasia ?

Force feed the fucker with that pie mash and liquour. That should do the trick. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I was at WBA in 86..A rumour went round that Chelsea scored and it was bloody Liverpool.Was a sickener..Always seem Liverpool f*ck us up at the last hurdle :(

It has to be Stoke and Southampton joining WBA.

Southampton fans must be screwing.All that talent sold by them.It was very similar to us.We could have won the League with what we had between 98 and 2003.Still winds me up now.Shit owners who take take take for their own pockets. :(

Is there any chance of Hughes taking over at WBA?So he can claim to have help relegate all 3 clubs :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote:

I was at WBA in 86..A rumour went round that Chelsea scored and it was bloody Liverpool.Was a sickener..Always seem Liverpool f*ck us up at the last hurdle :(

Southampton fans must be screwing.All that talent sold by them.It was very similar to us.We could have won the League with what we had between 98 and 2003.Still winds me up now.Shit owners who take take take for their own pockets. :(

Is there any chance of Hughes taking over at WBA?So he can claim to have help relegate all 3 clubs :i am genuinely amused:
I make you right about Southampton. But wtf do their fans want from a manager. As you say regularly selling their best talent yet finishing 8th still doesn't satisfy the cunts.

I don't normally advocate picking the bones of the recently deceased but I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Tadic, Romeu and Bertrand plus Shaqiri from Stoke and Craig Dawson from Albion tbh. And I'd be happy if we took a punt on Jese. He was a star in the making at Madrid but seems to have lost his way. And as they say class is permanent but form is temporary. And Stoke was never going to be a good fit for him. Just as Zaza was never going to be right for us. And he'll be playing Champions league football next season.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Is there any chance of Hughes taking over at WBA?So he can claim to have help relegate all 3 clubs :i am genuinely amused:
I make you right about Southampton. But wtf do their fans want from a manager. As you say regularly selling their best talent yet finishing 8th still doesn't satisfy the cunts.

I don't normally advocate picking the bones of the recently deceased but I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Tadic, Romeu and Bertrand plus Shaqiri from Stoke and Craig Dawson from Albion tbh. And I'd be happy if we took a punt on Jese. He was a star in the making at Madrid but seems to have lost his way. And as they say class is permanent but form is temporary. And Stoke was never going to be a good fit for him. Just as Zaza was never going to be right for us. And he'll be playing Champions league football next season.
I have always rated Tadic and am surprised his not playing at a Top 6 side.Shaqri,I would take him all day.A Di Canio type player would entertain us fans.