The 3 For The Drop---Official.

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: The 3 For The Drop---Official.

Post by OZHAMMER »

Pennywise wrote:Betting on West Ham getting relegated.....how could you? :i am genuinely amused:

I’m not betting on them to get relegated. I’m betting on them to ensure that they don’t, such is my cursed betting ability.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Thank me later ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote:
Pennywise wrote:Betting on West Ham getting relegated.....how could you? :i am genuinely amused:

I’m not betting on them to get relegated. I’m betting on them to ensure that they don’t, such is my cursed betting ability.
And THAT is the ONLY way to ensure our survival .

Now those that took 28/1 on the saints to be relegated when somebody on here called it before Xmas are laughing all the way to the bank ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:

And THAT is the ONLY way to ensure our survival .

Now those that took 28/1 on the saints to be relegated when somebody on here called it before Xmas are laughing all the way to the bank ;)
Only problem is we may stop that bet coming off lol

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Only 5 teams in the betting for 2 places to go down after Brighton`s win tonight.

We should survive,but we are close to the wind.

https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-l ... t/20605583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

palerider

Post by palerider »

I watched the first half of the Brighton match last night more as a gauge to see what kind of United we'll see next Thursday.

They were bang average. Mourinho beforehand hinted that they'd be all out to secure 2nd place for which they needed 4 points, and they still do, although CL football is secure anyway. But he also said there were 2 weeks yet until the cup final, maybe suggesting the nearer to it, the less risks. Lukaku is out after all and very unlikely to play against us.

So I learnt nothing tbh. Except that Brighton were far more committed and energetic than we're likely to be.

H4L

Post by H4L »

palerider wrote:I watched the first half of the Brighton match last night more as a gauge to see what kind of United we'll see next Thursday.

They were bang average. Mourinho beforehand hinted that they'd be all out to secure 2nd place for which they needed 4 points, and they still do, although CL football is secure anyway. But he also said there were 2 weeks yet until the cup final, maybe suggesting the nearer to it, the less risks. Lukaku is out after all and very unlikely to play against us.

So I learnt nothing tbh. Except that Brighton were far more committed and energetic than we're likely to be.
You just summed up why I fear the worst. Brighton commited themselves, played a high tempo and made something happen. All I see from Moyes is to play with fear, get behind the ball, worry about the opposition and hold on for dear life. No way to play football!

palerider

Post by palerider »

H4L wrote:
palerider wrote:I watched the first half of the Brighton match last night more as a gauge to see what kind of United we'll see next Thursday.

You just summed up why I fear the worst. Brighton commited themselves, played a high tempo and made something happen. All I see from Moyes is to play with fear, get behind the ball, worry about the opposition and hold on for dear life. No way to play football!
They'll still have good players on the field. But take Pogba for example. Get the opposition in his face, snapping at his heels and he doesn't like it. Stand off, let him run at you, spray the ball around and he'll destroy you.

I think I already know the tactic Bug-eyes will use, not that we've got the energy in midfield anyway.

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Mourinho's talk before the game told me he likes Chris Hughton and Brighton,I put Ryan as capo in fantasy footie,but they'll be back to their best when they come to the LS,ever had the feeling no one likes us,no? let's see if Leicester capitulate like they did against Palace,the only way we will escape the drop is by turning our form on its head and win.COYI

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

H4L wrote:

That`s all he has done the last few months,even against Stoke.

You don`t need to be a magician to know how we will play.

On and off the pitch,a shambles of a club.