WHUISA

Chat about anything football related here!
BM Jon

Re: WHUISA

Post by BM Jon »

Thanks mate, looking forward to next season ;)

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Following statement on the WHUISA website tonight:

WHUISA advises that Lew Ozarow has tonight resigned as WHUISA Chair.

We thank him for his commitment during the last year.

Vice-Chair John Ratomski will become acting Chair. Further details regarding the committee will follow in due course.

Thanks in advance for any support guys, just a few deckchairs to move around, but at least we're not on the Titanic ;)

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

good luck mate

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

BM Jon wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:59 pm Following statement on the WHUISA website tonight:

Vice-Chair John Ratomski will become acting Chair. Further details regarding the committee will follow in due course.

Thanks in advance for any support guys, just a few deckchairs to move around, but at least we're not on the Titanic ;)

You've not become a dictator have you John mate? ;)

I hope that you haven't had poor old Lew thrown into a gulag as you seized power. :lol:

Sorry we missed you on the 24hour stream mate, if you want to pop onto a video at any point let us know.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hope there’s not a power struggle going on
Put a referendum to the fans.
The Queens road community club could become a battlefield.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Gonzo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:21 am
BM Jon wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:59 pm Following statement on the WHUISA website tonight:

You've not become a dictator have you John mate? ;)

I hope that you haven't had poor old Lew thrown into a gulag as you seized power. :lol:

Sorry we missed you on the 24hour stream mate, if you want to pop onto a video at any point let us know.
Funny that, Gonzo :)

Sadly you could see where it was going after the Recorder article this week.

Thanks for the video offer mate.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

all a bit of a shambles from the outside, my only faith in WHUISA now soley lies with Jon, the only glimmer. Momentum was gained 12 months ago, not from WHUISA but the negative actions of others but their numbers swelled, however since then, I would struggle to say anything that WHUISA have achieved.

Best of luck Jon, think you're gonna need it mate.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Thanks for your support Geo.

Things have changed in the last few days, some of the committee have left, and we now have a workable and positive group. We've also just written to Hammers United to support the joint letter going to the club next week regarding the club's limitations towards supporter engagement.

WHUISA will be putting out more news in the coming days.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I still can’t get my head around how you can make such hard work of representing our supporters against such a generally disliked group of owners that we have.
Properly done, it should be like taking sweets from a baby.

As Geo said..... John’s a top fella but I don’t know any of the others. They’ve been tarred with a “political” brush and haven’t managed to rid themselves of it.
It’s AGM’s, meetings, committees etc but little in the way of anything resembling “having any real impact”.

I’m not ready to give up on them though as they are still a young association.
But, as a member and as a West Ham fan in general I want to see all evidence of egos and personal ambition thrown in the bin. Those running the show need to be more publicly visible and ready to answer questions, not just from members but from all West Ham fans.
Perhaps regular interview slots on Hammerschat and WHFTV etc would be a good start? Or even their own channel? They should be sending out representatives TO the fans on match days not asking people to come to meetings. That’s not how you conduct your P.R and engage/understand the fan base.

From my perspective, WHUISA looks and feels very old school and dated. It’s not using social media anywhere nearly effectively enough to repair past mistakes, mobilise and grow numbers. It seems cheerless and grey.
Which is ironic because, knowing John he most certainly isn’t like that at all (a bit grey on the scalp maybe :lol:)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am I still can’t get my head around how you can make such hard work of representing our supporters against such a generally disliked group of owners that we have.
Properly done, it should be like taking sweets from a baby.

As Geo said..... John’s a top fella but I don’t know any of the others. They’ve been tarred with a “political” brush and haven’t managed to rid themselves of it.
It’s AGM’s, meetings, committees etc but little in the way of anything resembling “having any real impact”.

I’m not ready to give up on them though as they are still a young association.
But, as a member and as a West Ham fan in general I want to see all evidence of egos and personal ambition thrown in the bin. Those running the show need to be more publicly visible and ready to answer questions, not just from members but from all West Ham fans.
Perhaps regular interview slots on Hammerschat and WHFTV etc would be a good start? Or even their own channel? They should be sending out representatives TO the fans on match days not asking people to come to meetings. That’s not how you conduct your P.R and engage/understand the fan base.

From my perspective, WHUISA looks and feels very old school and dated. It’s not using social media anywhere nearly effectively enough to repair past mistakes, mobilise and grow numbers. It seems cheerless and grey.
Which is ironic because, knowing John he most certainly isn’t like that at all (a bit grey on the scalp maybe :lol:)
It IS Old Skool , Tone , and dated .

It HAS to be . And I’ll try & explain imo why that is ...

They have to do things properly and when I say that I mean democratically .

That means committees and by definition all the red tape and boring shit that goes with it.

WHUISA are essentially a fans Trade Union formed to represent West Ham fans in the struggle against a selfish oppressive regime that is deemed to be taking the piss .

And this is where the so called loony left stigma comes from it’s part and parcel of where the vast majority see trade unionism in this day and age .

BUT it HAS to be done this way if any of us have ANY hope whatsoever of the club taking them seriously .

Of course GS&B aren’t your run of the mill management team and will never do that .
They would rather hold secret meetings with , for want of a better word , Ultras , whose true colours may or may not have been shown amid the march debacle last year .

And when that was made public they had to distance themselves from all fans groups and put into place their own “puppet” government (the OSB) so that they can put their hand on heart and show the world that they ARE in dialogue with the supporters.

You’re quite right Tone in that social media needs to be embraced 1000% more in order to gain increased momentum and membership.

It is said that if the WHUISA 4K and the HU 5K were joined together there would be 9K members which would be quite impressive as both groups are still in their infancy but that isn’t true is it ?
I’m a member of both amongst others . What about you ? And what about the other 3,998 WHUISA members ?
Bring back Jonathon !