WHUISA

Chat about anything football related here!
Rumford

Re: WHUISA

Post by Rumford »

BM Jon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:41 pm
Chas mate, you're wrong on that last line. We don't have a political slant. Yes I met Mike Gapes at Parliament a few weeks ago, who has given us the names of Hammers fan MPs from both sides. There's a Tory MP who is arranging a House Of Commons visit for some senior Hammers fans from Essex in the New Year, and that is as close as we get to politics. We've also been in contact with the 2 Newham MP's and the mayor to let them know about us and brief them on community projects that we may take on board in the future. Any way to raise WHUISA's profile.....
That all sounds VERY political to me matey....something i wont get involved in.

I can think of much better ways of getting WHUISA's profile up...like not posting on a website that charges for fan run coaches to away games 8-)

PS

Yes...I do indeed have a bee in my bonnet about that !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Rumford wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:20 am
You speak with such 100% certainty on this matter.
So I assume that if I asked you to p.m me some screenshots of clear political statements made from committee members on West Ham-related social media since John arrived in the chair you’d have no problem?
If you could, I’d happily acknowledge this and would cancel my membership.
I have it on very good authority that the last meeting (in Nov)...more was spoke about a trip going to the Houses of Parliament than problems with away tickets. My good friend was specially invited by Jon personally and he walked out after 20 mins.

I can't do screenshots, I don't do politics and to be honest....WHUISA have been more bothered about Food Banks than Fan Funerals. This to me is unforgivable.

But please don't take my word...I wouldn't take yours ;)
I won’t :)
No offence.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BM Jon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:51 pm
mywhufc wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

He walked out shaking his head, while the food bank discussion was going on, which went on longer than any other subject.
Fact is, WHUISA is being sidelined in dealings with the club over the choice it made, The chairman of the SAB has emailed and offered to meet WHUISA, is that happening?
You know john i kept pointing out the communication problems with the members, yet it carried on.
out of the 9 committee members elected in Summer,
How many have resigned quit stood down or waiting to stand down. Only 1 was announced.
There are big problems that to me, seem to have been ignored.
The foodbank issue turned into a good debate. IIRC only 1 member was against it.

We're planning on a website announcement tonight re the committee, plus member's update mailing.
Did the food bank issue get sorted out?
May pick up a tin of corned beef before Saturday’s game.

Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm

The foodbank issue turned into a good debate. IIRC only 1 member was against it.

We're planning on a website announcement tonight re the committee, plus member's update mailing.
Wtf have food banks got to do with West Ham. I thought this lot were supposed to be sorting out things that piss the fans off not fucking food banks.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks for the offer mate. Let’s see what support there is

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Finally got back on here so might as well start with a whinge. Went to a show at Southend to see Sir Geoff while back in the old place during the summer. Paid a quid to join WHUISA and haven't received a single email. A fucking pound. Gutted. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:07 am Finally got back on here so might as well start with a whinge. Went to a show at Southend to see Sir Geoff while back in the old place during the summer. Paid a quid to join WHUISA and haven't received a single email. A fucking pound. Gutted. :D :D
Sorry to read this. Have just sent you a PM.

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

I was chatting to Bubbles the other week at Irish Johns funeral and it reminded me of this...

When Bubbles did his infamous pitch invasion V Burnley there was apparently a huge thread on a certain website about him being a hero. UTJ got an avatar made up and everyone said they'd put their hands in their pocket to pay his fine. There were t-shirts being sold in pubs and he was the talking point of the fans.

Move on a few months and it was Bubbles day at court....and I sent an email to Graeme about what had happened and also if he had asked about using Bubbs pic and whether he's "looked after him". He replied that he didn't know about the court hearng and that he didn't have to get in touch with anyone because it was only a silhouette. :shock:

THAT'S the site that WHUISA uses as a mouthpiece....

That is my point to all this.

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Rumford wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:10 am

THAT'S the site that WHUISA uses as a mouthpiece....

That is my point to all this.
Chas keep up mate! I’m the only WHUISA committee member who now posts on the other site, and more people know me on HC. I spend more time on this forum.

Cricket club tomorrow for a beer?

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

WHUISA now have a dedicated phone number for easier general contact and any MDS issues. Let us know what works and what doesn’t around your match day experience.

Send us a text or leave a voicemail message on 07597 236772.

#WHUISAMDS :)