Tactics

Chat about anything football related here!

Tactics

Post by 1234 »

You boys need to wake up. The biggest problem we have is the way Bilic is setting up the team.

Sofa

Re: Tactics

Post by Sofa »

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 2062 times

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

:lol:
1234 wrote:You boys need to wake up. The biggest problem we have is the way Bilic is setting up the team.
:lol:

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

1234 wrote:You boys need to wake up. The biggest problem we have is the way Bilic is setting up the team.
Didn't manage to see the game as that old devil called work intervened.

What went wrong?!

Post by 1234 »

Porterman wrote:

What went wrong?!
i went and sat in Row 20 East Stand so I was slightly too low to the game to get a real perspective but what is obvious...

We are playing too defensively. We flood our defensive third with 8 or 9 players and do not pressure bthe ball. The opposition have free reign and when we get the ball Carrol is very, very isolated with only a couple of players trying, to no avail, to support.
We are too slow moving the ball with one of the main culprits Nobl(an). One touich, quick passing? we have never heard of this.
Our midfield is so, so, so slow and lacks mobility.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

1234 wrote:
Porterman wrote:

What went wrong?!
i went and sat in Row 20 East Stand so I was slightly too low to the game to get a real perspective but what is obvious...

We are playing too defensively. We flood our defensive third with 8 or 9 players and do not pressure bthe ball. The opposition have free reign and when we get the ball Carrol is very, very isolated with only a couple of players trying, to no avail, to support.
We are too slow moving the ball with one of the main culprits Nobl(an). One touich, quick passing? we have never heard of this.
How would you change this?

JayK

Post by JayK »

1234 wrote:
Porterman wrote:

What went wrong?!

I can't argue with that. I also saw a world class team with their top drawer movement off the ball so I can kinda understand why we were so defensive. Good question by Porterman. What would you change? I could only suggest we swap our team for Bayern Munichs coz that's the only team I can think of that beat Juventus recently.
COYI!!!

Post by 1234 »

it is not just today it is a tactic that we played lasts season. the problem is it will have been identified by opposition managers and, now last seasons surprise element has gone, we will be found out.

What would I do?
The midfield does not need to play 5 yards in front of the defence. Why are at least 4 of our midfielders ALWAYS within hand holding distance of the defence? The midfield should be 15 yards further forward pressuring the opposition.
The lack of pace in the team needs addressing BADLY.
We need FAR better movement off the ball. Watch us against any team and they will move off the ball better.
We need to pass with pace. Why does everyone of our players need 3 or 4 touches.

Player wise I won't go too deep but will say.....

Nordvelt is a waste of a shirt. Plays 1 yard in front of the CH's and takes the ball off them all game, takes 5 touches and plays a 35 yard ball................sideways. Does not influence the game at all. Anyone can pass a ball when they take it off the CH under no pressure ala Rooney Euros. Midfielders need to be able to take the ball on the turn, sprint 10 yards into space and take the at pace...this bloke can't/don't. Should not be near the team. The defensive midfielder dicatates the pace of the game ala xavi, Pirlo this bloke dictates that it is very, very slow.

Noble should be upgraded. Sorry, sick of this 'Mr West ham', swearing at players in friendlies, die for the cause rubbish. I want a midfielder to have a bit of pace, influence, football wise this guy has none. Stoke bought a player last january, no idea of his name but he's African and I have only seen him for 5 minutes but I saw a player who gets the ball and adds pace, directness and tempo to their play. We need one.

Antonio is not an intelligent footballer and needs dropping. Her needs 5 touches to control a ball which immediately slows the game. His touch is poor and his one 'skill' - knock the ball past the FB and out muscle him - has been seen and managers will be raedy for it. watch how many times he tries that this season and the left sided Ch jogs over and takes the ball. He worked for the surprise element last season but that will be gone.

Post by 1234 »

Quote.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

A genuine tip.

You would be taken far more seriously if you just self edited your posts and took out the insults (leaving only the football observations). I don't think too many would argue that Bilic is getting his tactics wrong but far too often your comments come across as 'You lot know nothing'.

It's a genuine piece of advice.