Crystal Palace v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: Crystal Palace v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by Shortshanks »

mkhammer wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:His fans can dress it up as much as they want but last night proved Noble is nowhere good enough. Solely responsible for the first Spurs goal by being way too slow and feeble. Not involved in any of our goals and only good thing he did was staying out of the way of our better players.
If anyone was responsible for the first goal it was Kouyate,he was spose to be part of a back 3
have a look at the goal see where he is,Noble was in the correct position,one quick ball
split our MF,you would have to be Usain bolt to get back in play.
Any decent player would know the CB was out of position and know that ball was on.

In Fact look at the second goal,again if anyone to blame ,it's Wiley again,left a gap
by dashing to the edge of the box to make an unneeded challenge,allowing Alli
the opportunity to try and bend the ball around Hart.

I love Nobes,but he doesn't Start for me.....but he is our only MF with any vision of the game.
So until we find someone similar,maybe I'm wrong and he should.

Dig him out by all means it's your right as a fan,but for something he's fucked up on,
lacking a bit of pace,or whatever you see in his game...,but not when the guy has run
his socks off,and we've just beaten the spuds,with our 2nd string...
Stop making feeble excuses, Noble was solely responsible for the first Spurs goal and didn't do anything to prevent the second. Noble was actually in front of Sissoko and looked across but is so hopelessly too slow he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't need to be Usain Bolt but just Prem pace.You might love Nobes and i don't hate him but he is a 1st Div player at best !! Totally out of his depth in the Prem

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Shortshanks wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
If anyone was responsible for the first goal it was Kouyate,he was spose to be part of a back 3
have a look at the goal see where he is,Noble was in the correct position,one quick ball
split our MF,you would have to be Usain bolt to get back in play.
Any decent player would know the CB was out of position and know that ball was on.

In Fact look at the second goal,again if anyone to blame ,it's Wiley again,left a gap
by dashing to the edge of the box to make an unneeded challenge,allowing Alli
the opportunity to try and bend the ball around Hart.

I love Nobes,but he doesn't Start for me.....but he is our only MF with any vision of the game.
So until we find someone similar,maybe I'm wrong and he should.

Dig him out by all means it's your right as a fan,but for something he's fucked up on,
lacking a bit of pace,or whatever you see in his game...,but not when the guy has run
his socks off,and we've just beaten the spuds,with our 2nd string...
Stop making feeble excuses, Noble was solely responsible for the first Spurs goal and didn't do anything to prevent the second. Noble was actually in front of Sissoko and looked across but is so hopelessly too slow he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't need to be Usain Bolt but just Prem pace.You might love Nobes and i don't hate him but he is a 1st Div player at best !! Totally out of his depth in the Prem
And he doesn't run his socks off otherwise he wouldn't be stood outside the penalty area every fucking time we concede !!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Shortshanks wrote:
Shortshanks wrote: Stop making feeble excuses, Noble was solely responsible for the first Spurs goal and didn't do anything to prevent the second. Noble was actually in front of Sissoko and looked across but is so hopelessly too slow he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't need to be Usain Bolt but just Prem pace.You might love Nobes and i don't hate him but he is a 1st Div player at best !! Totally out of his depth in the Prem
And he doesn't run his socks off otherwise he wouldn't be stood outside the penalty area every fucking time we concede !!
Fuck me did he run your cat over or something mate...... :lol:

Broga81

Post by Broga81 »

--------------------ADRIAN-----------------------

--------RICE--------REID-------OGBONNA------

ZAB----------------------------------CRESSWELL

-------NOBLE----OBIANG----KOUYATE--------

-------------------LANZINI-----------------------

--------------------AYEW-------------------------

This is what I would start with and depending how the game goes we have lots of options to switch around. Weather we can do it effectivly or not remains to be seen. But at this stage who knows what team will turn up haha.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I think the pressure is mostly all on Palace.
They are desperate for the 3 points.Don`t let them get an early goal,because they will do us otherwise.

I think we should have a bit of confidence about us after Wednesday and think we`ll nick it 2-1.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

mkhammer wrote:
Shortshanks wrote: And he doesn't run his socks off otherwise he wouldn't be stood outside the penalty area every fucking time we concede !!
Fuck me did he run your cat over or something mate...... :i am genuinely amused:
He would have been too slow for that !! And my cat has only got 3 legs !!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

To be honest i would rather see us play football on the floor but we tried that against Brighton and it was woeful. I guess Bilic sees Andy has an option to play either way in the game because we still have Chico, Antonio ,Lanzini , Ayew and Arnie to try and make something happen by splitting open a defense once they start gelling.
Without him though we are seriously lacking a figure in the box from set pieces and like we saw with Oggy's winner Andy took 3 defenders with him to create space behind for a runner. The problem with us is that we haven't enough quality in that midfield . Midfield players should be chipping in with goals and making runs around the box, we seldom see that aprt from Lanzini. We bought Arnie for that but he seems isolated out left and like Snodgrass doesn't seem to know what Bilic wants him to do.
It's catch 22. Without Andy we lack a physical presence from set pieces especially if we come up against defenders like brighton have. With Andy we do look for the punt up too much which doesn't allow us to get into that passing rhythm in their half.
The more i think about it the more confused it gets LOL. Can we play neat passing football right now? Every game we play its stated we are under pressure to win it. Teams that play neat , passing football don't play with Monkeys on their backs.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

IronsForever wrote:To be honest i would rather see us play football on the floor but we tried that against Brighton and it was woeful. I guess Bilic sees Andy has an option to play either way in the game because we still have Chico, Antonio ,Lanzini , Ayew and Arnie to try and make something happen by splitting open a defense once they start gelling.
Without him though we are seriously lacking a figure in the box from set pieces and like we saw with Oggy's winner Andy took 3 defenders with him to create space behind for a runner. The problem with us is that we haven't enough quality in that midfield . Midfield players should be chipping in with goals and making runs around the box, we seldom see that aprt from Lanzini. We bought Arnie for that but he seems isolated out left and like Snodgrass doesn't seem to know what Bilic wants him to do.
It's catch 22. Without Andy we lack a physical presence from set pieces especially if we come up against defenders like brighton have. With Andy we do look for the punt up too much which doesn't allow us to get into that passing rhythm in their half.
The more i think about it the more confused it gets i am genuinely amused. Can we play neat passing football right now? Every game we play its stated we are under pressure to win it. Teams that play neat , passing football don't play with Monkeys on their backs.
The problem isn't needing Carroll in the side the problem is Bilic knowing how to play without him. It has already been established that basing an entire campaign around one player is fool hardy, we saw how reliant we had become on the Pie eater, and Bilic is doing it again with Carroll.

The Brighton game is an example of how we rely too much on Carrolls presence, though in sum we were shocking in that game I felt there was a 15-20min spell where we played football and on the ground. It was in the final stages where we changed modes and seemed to be needing Carroll in the box throwing in desperate crosses designed for the afore mentioned. Desperation basically.

Our problem isn't playing with him or playing without him, it's learning how to play without.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

TBH I am at a loss. The first half performance against Spurs was in my opinion poor. Whilst the second half was clearly better, how much was that due to the Spuds taking the result for granted.
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Flairon wrote:TBH I am at a loss. The first half performance against Spurs was in my opinion poor. Whilst the second half was clearly better, how much was that due to the Spuds taking the result for granted.
You never really know the answer to that, one can only speculate. You would have thought though that when we got a goal back they would have realized the game wasn't over.

We had more fight in the second half, battling every ball and not just happy to hold it and pass when we got it. Never gave them respite around their area. So u am inclined to put a lot of it down to that coupled with the psychological blow we delivered twice in quick succession .

Maybe its because it was because we played a weakened side as some of the spuds would have us believe.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest