West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread (streams page 1 post 2)

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread (streams page 1 post 2)

Post by Taansend »

Our over all record against Tottenham in all competitions is 62 wins, 51 draws & 94 losses.

We started with a loss in 1898, wine the next game the following year then went winless in the next eleven games, before only losing one of the following eleven. There were nine draws in those first 24 games though including FOUR nil nil draws in the space of 11 months :o

But this is a cup game so lets look at the times we've played Spurs in various cups.

We've met them 19 times in various cup competitions, 11 in the FA Cup & 8 times in the League Cup. Bizarrely enough, we've only met them once in the FA Cup in the last nine meetings. That was at home in 2001 when a team including Carrick, J Cole, Lampard Jnr, Di Canio & Kanoute lost 3-2 in the Quarter Finals.

Our meetings in the League Cup are....

14/9/1966 - 1-0 win in the 1st Round. Hurst goal. We lost to WBA in the Semis.
12/11/1975 & 24/11/1975 - 0-0 then 0-2.
02/12/1980 - 1-0 win. 5th round. David Cross scored. Incredibly we competed in 18 Cup games that season AND won promotion to the 1st Division. With 17 players. Bonds, Brooking, Cross, Devonshire, Goddard, Lampard, Martin, Parkes, Pike & Stewart all played more than 50 games with five of them playing more than 60 :shock:
27/1/1987 & 02/02/1987 - a 1-1 draw & a 5-0 loss.
29/10/2003 - A 1-0 loss.
18/12/2013 - 2-1 win. Trailing to an Adebayor 67th minute goal, we pull out a win with goals in the 80th & 85th minute by Jarvis & Maiga.

So far in the League Cup we've played Adrian in goal each time & I expect that to continue. We could also see Byram, Ogbonna, Haksakbanovic, Rice, Fernandes & possibly Martinez although Bilic may want to put out a full stregth team as Spurs play Liverpool then Man Utd either side of us (& then Real Madrid at Wembley) so they might be giving some of their lesser players a chance.

Either way I expect a tight game with a full evening turnout at the National Stadium.

Taansend

Re: West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread League Cup

Post by Taansend »

http://www.genti.stream/hd2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://101sportz.com/hd2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://streamtop.ga/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ripple.is/football/887-tottenham ... ham-united" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.brightospor.club/p/id157-wid ... rivet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://nowwatchtvlive.net/sky-sports-1- ... ne-stream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://nowwatchtvlive.net/sky-sports-1- ... 720-1080p/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ironstv.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Big game. As always for me it's about the cups and it's one thing I can't fault Slav for, been put out by City, United twice and Leicester who went on to win the league.

I wonder if Zabaleta is playing, if not he will surely pick up a card tonight to take it to 5 and get a suspension for this one.

I want to see Ogbonna, Byram etc but same time, I want to see our first eleven and make this our cup final. Much rather win this than the league game there and if we did, he can rotate for Palace* if he really must, but I don't think 3 games a week is that bad considering.

As for Adrian, not sure if I would play him but Slav seemed to not mind much yesterday as he sees it as a keeper that wishes to play every week and that's it, and said he will play in cups anyway.

Adrian
Ginge Reid Ogbonna
Byram Noble Rice Masuaku
Antonio Sakho Arnautovic

What I'd like but I'll probably change my mind after tonight.

*if we win tonight.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Cheers Taans.
This is a well winnable game imo.
Spuds aren't setting the world on fire at Wembley.
They're struggling big time to sell tickets for this.
And I reckon it's likely that Poch will de-prioritise this game due to the Liverpool and Real Madrid games that sit either side of it.
Fingers crossed we have a good win tonight with no injuries (fuck that..... everything crossed!).
If so, we can carry some confidence and a full squad into the tie.
Beating the Spuds away always gives a massive lift whatever the competition.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

Taansend wrote:I spent a fucking hour writing a match thread and my pc fucking crashed so here's the fucking match cunty thread at 1:30am
Cheers Taans. A very well thought out and carefully written piece :lol:
COYI!!!

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Technically its Tottenham vs West Ham. You slipped into subliminal yankicism with your 'West Ham are entertained by Tottenham on 10/25/17' reverse wankery at 0130 hours.
Matamata

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

aklhammer wrote:Technically its Tottenham vs West Ham. You slipped into subliminal yankicism with your 'West Ham are entertained by Tottenham on 10/25/17' reverse wankery at 0130 hours.
I thought about doing it that way but it's a one off game (not a league game) and many on here don't want to see their name before ours so for that reason.......

It's West Ham first :D

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

They've got Liverpool on Sunday, us Wednesday, Man Utd Saturday and then Real Madrid in the week. Hopefully they will concentrate more on the other games.
Adrian, Ogbonna, Byram and Noble in for Hart, Fonte, Zaba and Kouyate. Still keeps our team strong and brings in that extra bit of fight needed for a derby, with Noble and Byram not minding a challenge!

A good chance to progress in the cup - COYI

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote: Much rather win this than the league game there
NOOO!! PLEASE NOOO!! :o

Look how we took the almighty piss out of Spurs when they won the fucking Mickey Mouse cup a few years back and were giving it large as if they'd won something really worthwhile. Please, PLEASE don't give that song the N17 crowd sing about it being our cup final any credence.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote:
redhammer wrote: Much rather win this than the league game there
NOOO!! PLEASE NOOO!! :o

Look how we took the almighty piss out of Spurs when they won the fucking Mickey Mouse cup a few years back and were giving it large as if they'd won something really worthwhile. Please, PLEASE don't give that song the N17 crowd sing about it being our cup final any credence.
Why not ? It IS our cup final . Like every match against those cunts is...
Bring back Jonathon !