West Ham vs Swansea City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Swansea City Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

A win is a win,but so unconvincing.

All very similar to last seasons pattern.Nicking a win,that we probably didn`t deserve.

There is no identity to our play.I suppose if we keeping nicking results,they`ll be happy in the directors box and that`s all that counts to them. :cry:

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

terrya1965 wrote:A win is a win,but so unconvincing.

All very similar to last seasons pattern.Nicking a win,that we probably didn`t deserve.

There is no identity to our play.I suppose if we keeping nicking results,they`ll be happy in the directors box and that`s all that counts to them. :cry:
That would be the more desirable option for the owners and the most economic one too.

ticker

Post by ticker »

Bilic saved from the sakho!

Romfordhammer

Post by Romfordhammer »

Was at the game today, have been a regular for over 40 years and a season ticket holder for over 30 years, and I can safely say that was the worst home performance I have ever seen! How on earth the sponsors voted Andy Carroll MOTM is absolutely beyond me, an embarrassment all round!

I know we got 3 points today and are now out of the bottom 3, but if the hierarchy at WHU think that is enough, they have another thing coming, we are in big trouble with Bilic remaining manager, it's obvious from the performances today that the players are not playing for him, and if we continue with him much longer we will be in big trouble and will be relegated! If we can''t beat Swansea at home with much difficulty we are f*%ked to say the least.

Romfordhammer

Post by Romfordhammer »

Romfordhammer wrote:Was at the game today, have been a regular for over 40 years and a season ticket holder for over 30 years, and I can safely say that was the worst home performance I have ever seen! How on earth the sponsors voted Andy Carroll MOTM is absolutely beyond me, an embarrassment all round!

I know we got 3 points today and are now out of the bottom 3, but if the hierarchy at WHU think that is enough, they have another thing coming, we are in big trouble with Bilic remaining manager, it's obvious from the performances today that the players are not playing for him, and if we continue with him much longer we will be in big trouble and will be relegated! If we can''t beat Swansea at home with much difficulty we are f*%ked to say the least.
Sorry forgot to add that Antonia was plainly not match fit, everyone round me could see that, yet Bilic let him play the whole game!! let's hope he will not suffer for that!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Lucky to win today as very rare West Ham to score in 90th minutes. Hope Bilic will never put Ayew again as he was very poor, prefer Masuaku on the left winger.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

The first half was so bad i had to step away and do a few things at home. The players are all over the place. Players that clearly need to play >>> are playing<<<<<. We need Rafa in asap because Bilic is useless! Sorry i really like the guy but he cannot take us forward, only back!
I watched Ayew today when he never had the ball and its beyond a joke. he doesn't know how to play in the area of the pitch that Bilic wants.Fucking hell is it that hard to run a marker away from a crowded area?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

grandad

Post by grandad »

Shocking display

But it's all about the west ham brand staying in the premier league nothing else matters to them cunts

Nothing will happen because we will do nothing about it ( it's the west ham way dontchaknow )
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I wanted Haksabanovic to start today, not even on the bench. We need pace and players to make runs. Guess thats why he persisted with Antonio, but the poor bloke was clearly not fit and just out of it by the end. Against a team like Swansea we should be giving players like Haksa & Rice games if our stars are not 100% fit.

Hart had nothing to do stops wise, but his distribution was awful.

Defense was solid enough, Zaba the outstanding one again. Im beginning to be comfortable with Fonte and agree he starts ahead of Ogbonna. Cress the weakest, but thought he did better defensively than usual. But the poor buggers always get the ball given back to them and no where to pass it to.

Thought Noble was average, lucky boy with that miskick, better than Cheik who needs to be dropped.

Ayew was useless, gets like a 2 or 3 rating from me. Masuaku should have come on at HT, that run for the goal was the first of the game! Antonio was not himself.

Carroll was OK but no end product and poor passing and certainly not MOTM. Chicharito was starved of service because Ayew may as well have not been there and Cress couldnt get a ball past the first man & Antonio shouldnt have been there and everyone tried to lump it to Carroll instead.

Watched the City game after, De Bruyne controls the middle and there are constant runners from multiple channels for him to feed into and invariably something happens. Chelsea were constantly stretched and panicked (though did very well) and that was an entertaining, exciting & engaging 1-0 win. That is the next level Mr Chairmen!! We are just static and have no one in the middle that can pass or run forwards. I really wonder if Haksabanovic can be that guy, cant be worse than Cheik, and when fit we have the runners in Arthur, Lanzini & Antonio. They just need the confidence a pass will get to them on a regular basis. Give it a go against Burnley, cant be worse than that pile of turd we just saw.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I agree with you BC, I think...

Truly, spent the game listening to random conversations around me. Learned that it was the anniversary of James Dean's death some 60 years ago.

Not an ounce of quality for the whole 90 minutes.