West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread (STREAMS-Page 1 Post 2)

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread (STREAMS-Page 1 Post 2)

Post by Taansend »

Since the first time we played Tottenham back in 1898 (in the old Thames & Medway League) we've only won 30.1% of the 206 games played. We've drawn 24.8% and lost 45.1% (W62 D51 L93),

The figures are similar in the Premier League era. We've played them 42 times, lost 20, won 14 & drawn 8 meaning we've won 33.3% & lost 47.6% & drawn 19.1%.

There was a terrible period between 1999 & 2013 when we only won 3 out of 25 games (in all competitions) but since then we've won 5 out of 9 games (1 League Cup) & lost only 3.

We've beaten them in 3 of the last 4 home games too (4 out of 6) including two 1-0 wins on the trot. Antonio got the goal in our last derby at Boleyn Ground while Lanzini was the man in our first one at the Olympic.

From my viewpoint of 4,444 miles away that game, along with the cup win against Chelsea, was when the Olympic Stadium was truly our home, although I'm sure some who went to all the home games might differ.

So far this year Tottenham have struggled in their temporary home of Wembley Stadium, losing to Chelsea then drawing with Burnley & Swansea - definitely 4 points dropped if you're a Spurs fan. They've looked better playing away though putting 5 past Everton & Newcastle with nowt in return.

They are currently top of the of the seven teams on 8 points, sitting in 5th with a +4 goal difference.

They will be hosting Barnsley in the League Cup on Tuesday.

A loss to us on Saturday could see them 8 points off the top of the table so they'll be desperate to get a win, and revenge, over us.

Writing this before the Bolton game we have a few injuries although fuck all by our normal standards. Lanzini & Collins are both expected back mid October while both Noble & Fernandes could be back this weekend, although I doubt if either will start. But Noble at home to Tottenham might be exactly what we need. They have a much better squad on paper so blood, guts & glory could be the way to go.

After shipping ten goals in three games we've now kept two clean sheets. This seems to be since Bilic has adopted a back 3 with a pair of marauding wing backs but it's also been at the expense of Chicharito's best position. In fact neither one of the two main strikers have scored with Ayew & Obiang getting the goals against Huddersfield.

Personally I'd rather start Sakho instead of Carroll with Andy coming on after an hour but I can see the argument for the other way around.

If giving the chance against Bolton I'm sure Ayew, Arnie, Sakho & whoever else will want to prove they belong in a starting place against Tottenham.

I think Bilic will go with

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna
Zabaletta Kouyate Obiang Cresswell
Antonio Carroll Hernandez

As for the result, my gypsy tea leaves are bare this week. I'm not feeling much either way, so maybe another draw awaits us. Which I'll take.

Taansend

Re: West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread

Post by Taansend »

Preview
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Streams

http://www.genti.stream/tottenham-live-stream.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.navixsport.com/sport.php?id=3052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.navixsport.com/sport.php?id=3052&betahd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://nowwatchtvlive.cc/tsn4-acestream ... line-hdtv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://sportify365.blogspot.hr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.rjh217.win/p/sky-sports-premier-league.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://unisportstream.com/west-ham-unit ... tspur.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ironstv.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.hammerstv.com/stream2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

teddybard

Post by teddybard »

Taansend wrote:Since the first time we played Tottenham back in 1898 (in the old Thames & Medway League) we've only won 30.1% of the 206 games played. We've drawn 24.8% and lost 45.1% (W62 D51 L93),

The figures are similar in the Premier League era. We've played them 42 times, lost 20, won 14 & drawn 8 meaning we've won 33.3% & lost 47.6% & drawn 19.1%.

There was a terrible period between 1999 & 2013 when we only won 3 out of 25 games (in all competitions) but since then we've won 5 out of 9 games (1 League Cup) & lost only 3.

We've beaten them in 3 of the last 4 home games too (4 out of 6) including two 1-0 wins on the trot. Antonio got the goal in our last derby at Boleyn Ground while Lanzini was the man in our first one at the Olympic.

From my viewpoint of 4,444 miles away that game, along with the cup win against Chelsea, was when the Olympic Stadium was truly our home, although I'm sure some who went to all the home games might differ.

So far this year Tottenham have struggled in their temporary home of Wembley Stadium, losing to Chelsea then drawing with Burnley & Swansea - definitely 4 points dropped if you're a Spurs fan. They've looked better playing away though putting 5 past Everton & Newcastle with nowt in return.

They are currently top of the of the seven teams on 8 points, sitting in 5th with a +4 goal difference.

A loss to us on Saturday could see them 8 points off the top of the table so they'll be desperate to get a win, and revenge, over us.

Writing this before the Bolton game we have a few injuries although fuck all by our normal standards. Lanzini & Collins are both expected back mid October while both Noble & Fernandes could be back this weekend, although I doubt if either will start. But Noble at home to Tottenham might be exactly what we need. They have a much better squad on paper so blood, guts & glory could be the way to go.

After shipping ten goals in three games we've now kept two clean sheets. This seems to be since Bilic has adopted a back 3 with a pair of marauding wing backs but it's also been at the expense of Chicharito's best position. In fact neither one of the two main strikers have scored with Ayew & Obiang getting the goals against Huddersfield.

Personally I'd rather start Sakho instead of Carroll with Andy coming on after an hour but I can see the argument for the other way around.

If giving the chance against Bolton I'm sure Ayew, Arnie, Sakho & whoever else will want to prove they belong in a starting place against Tottenham.

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna

As for the result, my gypsy tea leaves are bare this week. I'm not feeling much either way, so maybe another draw awaits us. Which I'll take.
Anybody got a spare ticket? (or two) my Mrs has never seen us loose to Spuds
obviously reimbursement available. whufc_crest whufc_crest
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

teddybard wrote:
Taansend wrote:Since the first time we played Tottenham back in 1898 (in the old Thames & Medway League) we've only won 30.1% of the 206 games played. We've drawn 24.8% and lost 45.1% (W62 D51 L93),

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna

Anybody got a spare ticket? (or two) my Mrs has never seen us loose to Spuds
obviously reimbursement available. whufc_crest whufc_crest
Have you checked the Eticketing website mate?
Last time I looked there were still tickets available via Ticket Exchange.
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/whufc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Great preview Taans!
We're going to win Saturday?I have the updated stats since our move for you.
Spuds have never won at our new ground and never will :lol:
We still have a 100% home record over those toss pots at the LS. ;)
We have never conceded a goal against the spuds at the LS either.
Every time they have played us at the track,there players and fans have all left with there pig tails between there legs.
Tim has a 100% record of breaking something when he attends this game at the new stadium!
Let's just say,we're going to win whufc_crest

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Taansend wrote:

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna
Id actually go for Noble in this one, any push Cheik into the back 3 instead of Ogbonna, who has been shocking.

I might also be tempted to drop Carroll to the bench and play Arnautovic instead so Chicharito can play where he should. If it is a straight choice between the two, as much of a beast as AC is, we have to play Chicharito as he has to be our #1 striker. Also Alderweireld & Vertonghen are no mugs and can deal with AC quite easily unfortunately. Save big Andy for Swansea, Burnley, Brighton & Palace where he will be more effective. If he plays all those 4 Im sure he will be injured come Liverpool...

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

BCHammer wrote:
Taansend wrote:

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna
Id actually go for Noble in this one, any push Cheik into the back 3 instead of Ogbonna, who has been shocking.

I might also be tempted to drop Carroll to the bench and play Arnautovic instead so Chicharito can play where he should. If it is a straight choice between the two, as much of a beast as AC is, we have to play Chicharito as he has to be our #1 striker. Also Alderweireld & Vertonghen are no mugs and can deal with AC quite easily unfortunately. Save big Andy for Swansea, Burnley, Brighton & Palace where he will be more effective. If he plays all those 4 Im sure he will be injured come Liverpool...
Nice one

teddybard

Post by teddybard »

[quote="Taansend"][quote="BCHammer"][quote="Taansend"]

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna
Antonio Hernandez Arnie

Id actually go for Noble in this one to start, any push Cheik into the back 3 if Ogbonna, has a stinker against Notlob tonight.

PS If anyone has a spare ticket (Cash Available). But need to know by Thurs logistics of Travel etc. Please
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

So does Ogbonna redeem himself and start? Does Arnie start after that performance? If so, AC or Chicharito?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

BCHammer wrote:So does Ogbonna redeem himself and start? Does Arnie start after that performance? If so, AC or Chicharito?
Ginge is out for a month so Ogbonna will start if we stick with a back 3.

I would have thought Arnautović would replace Masuaku but maybe not.

It's great that Bilic has many options.