Wilshere ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Wishere?

Post by Clayton »

LittleHammerton wrote:£20m is ridiculous....they won't get that for him.

Have to say at the right money I would take a punt. I think in this crazy market £10-12m would be about right....the lads injury record is obviously a major concern, but without that and at his age he would be fetching £50m plus in this market (based on £24m for Arnie, and the alleged £40m plus for Siguurddson).

My reasoning would be that with his talent even if we got 20 odd games a season out of him he can make a difference, and that a name of this magnitude along with Hernandez will signal intent and mean other top players may join more readily over time.

But very much a punt and not to be signed at the expense of not signing fitter players....and not to be relied upon as we have with Carrol over the years.
20 odd games a season out of him he can make a difference, didnt make a difference at Bournemouth and he played 35 there.lol

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote:
LittleHammerton wrote:£20m is ridiculous....they won't get that for him.

Have to say at the right money I would take a punt. I think in this crazy market £10-12m would be about right....the lads injury record is obviously a major concern, but without that and at his age he would be fetching £50m plus in this market (based on £24m for Arnie, and the alleged £40m plus for Siguurddson).

My reasoning would be that with his talent even if we got 20 odd games a season out of him he can make a difference, and that a name of this magnitude along with Hernandez will signal intent and mean other top players may join more readily over time.

But very much a punt and not to be signed at the expense of not signing fitter players....and not to be relied upon as we have with Carrol over the years.
20 odd games a season out of him he can make a difference, didnt make a difference at Bournemouth and he played 35 there.i am genuinely amused
He was Bournemouth's player of the month three times last season. I'd say he made a difference.

As has been said, if he didn't have the injury record he has, Arsenal wouldn't be selling him, and if they were he'd cost more than Ross Barkley, because he's better than him.

A real shame as technically he's the best English midfielder since Gazza.

I wish him well but wouldn't entertain the idea at 20m. 8m and it's worth a punt, but not at that price.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Maybe Arsenal have said £20mil in the hope of getting £10mil - £12mil. If they said £10mil - £12mil straight off, people would be bidding £8mil
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

I think the Wilshere deal has legs. He wants to come but it all depends on Uncle Arsene.

Great player and the right age. Less than 10 million and it will be a snip in this day and age even if he'll spend half a season injured.

We'll rely on the dwarf's negotiation powers.

So he'll probably go to Palace on loan with Arsenal paying his wages.

:lol:

only1salty

Re: Wilshere ?

Post by only1salty »

If someone had offered you Wilshere for Nordviedt as a swap at the start of the summer, would you have taken it?

Your answer is right there.

£20m - do one. £6m reportedly agreed by Sampdoria, jump on.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

It's getting mentioned so frequently by so many sources that there may well be something in this.

deanox

Post by deanox »

If Wilshire were to come what would happen to noble?
Obiang and kouyate 1st choice with Fernandez and Quinoa great young prospects who need playing time and let's not forget about Cullen!
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

deanox wrote:If Wilshire were to come what would happen to noble?
Obiang and kouyate 1st choice with Fernandez and Quinoa great young prospects who need playing time and let's not forget about Cullen!
Whichever way you look at it we need more creativity from the midfield so injuries aside Wilshere would do for me though I would prefer a number 10.

Our defensive midfield is relatively poor as it is without replacing one with Wilshere...
Bring back Jonathon !

deanox

Post by deanox »

Newmarket wrote:
deanox wrote:If Wilshire were to come what would happen to noble?
Whichever way you look at it we need more creativity from the midfield so injuries aside Wilshere would do for me though I would prefer a number 10.

Our defensive midfield is relatively poor as it is without replacing one with Wilshere...
So cheerio Nobes!
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Blockhead

Post by Blockhead »

can be brilliant on hid day, very creative I would take him all day long if the price is right?
He's more machine now than man!