The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
Razor Ironz

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Razor Ironz »

Who will we get ?

Taansend

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Taansend »

Hear Ye, Hear Ye.

From this day forth all West Ham related transfer news shall be discussed forthwith on this thread and this thread only.

Any deviation from this plan of action with be met with severe punishment.

Banjo

Post by Banjo »

I can´t put up with a transfer rumourless transfer window thread so I will break the ice and put one on here!

Premier League new boys Huddersfield eyeing transfer of West Ham's Ashley Fletcher

The Championship play-off final winners want the 21-year-old striker on loan for next season

Huddersfield boss David Wagner wants to sign West Ham striker Ashley Fletcher on a season-long loan.

The newly-promoted Yorkshire club have already made an enquiry to see whether West Ham would allow the ex-Manchester United starlet join them.

Wagner is hoping Fletcher could be his first signing as he looks to bolster his Championship play-offs-winning squad on a budget.

Fletcher, 21, was given limited opportunities under West Ham boss Slaven Bilic in the recently-ended campaign after a free-agent move from Old Trafford.

Huddersfield tried to sign Fletcher before he ever went to the Hammers and also made a loan enquiry in January, so they are clearly keen.

Championship trio Fulham, Middlesbrough and Norwich are all interested too, and hope West Ham might let him go out to get more regular first team action.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-10531724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Banjo wrote:I can´t put up with a transfer rumourless transfer window thread so I will break the ice and put one on here!

Premier League new boys Huddersfield eyeing transfer of West Ham's Ashley Fletcher

The Championship play-off final winners want the 21-year-old striker on loan for next season

Huddersfield boss David Wagner wants to sign West Ham striker Ashley Fletcher on a season-long loan.

The newly-promoted Yorkshire club have already made an enquiry to see whether West Ham would allow the ex-Manchester United starlet join them.

Wagner is hoping Fletcher could be his first signing as he looks to bolster his Championship play-offs-winning squad on a budget.

Fletcher, 21, was given limited opportunities under West Ham boss Slaven Bilic in the recently-ended campaign after a free-agent move from Old Trafford.

Huddersfield tried to sign Fletcher before he ever went to the Hammers and also made a loan enquiry in January, so they are clearly keen.

Championship trio Fulham, Middlesbrough and Norwich are all interested too, and hope West Ham might let him go out to get more regular first team action.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-10531724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Every time I saw Fletcher play I was impressed by his movement and touch.

Baffles me how he didn't get more chances.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Banjo wrote:I can´t put up with a transfer rumourless transfer window thread so I will break the ice and put one on here!

I think this is a great opportunity for him to get real game time in the prem without any risk. Some will say it's no risk but Bilic clearly isn't 100% convinced yet. So let the kid out on loan to a prem team and see how he does.
COYI!!!

Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Taansend wrote:Every time I saw Fletcher play I was impressed by his movement and touch.

If we sign 2 strikers then this could be a good move for him, he probably wont get anymore chances next season here. Needs to prove himself and this is a good opportunity for him.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Banjo wrote:
Taansend wrote:Every time I saw Fletcher play I was impressed by his movement and touch.

If we sign 2 strikers then this could be a good move for him, he probably wont get anymore chances next season here. Needs to prove himself and this is a good opportunity for him.
He didn't get many chances with a crap Calleri and a half injured trio of Carroll Sakho and Ayew.

He doesn't ring the bell of Bilic for some reason

rhodesiron

Post by rhodesiron »

Could do a lot worse than a cheeky punt for Josh King!
The liver is evil & must be punished

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

This is not a signing a newly promoted club should be making imo, I don't think we have enough numbers to loan him out, 2 strikers we sign & Carroll. We need Fletcher and/or Martinez as number 4.

Hopefully we see more of him next season but it's difficult when you only play 1 striker and essentially, he needs to score.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Actually that is very plausible. You should try to get a job with a tabloid.

Oh, hang on a minute, I said it sounded plausible. Perhaps that's not such a good idea. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?