The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Chat about anything football related here!
Olas1

Re: The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread 2017

Post by Olas1 »

Funny how Ogbonna allegedly wants to return to Italy if he does he will have to take a serious pay cut, as will Nordveit if he joins a German club. It's actually quite ironic that the press don't take into account the wage difference between the Premiership and clubs abroad. Even Bacca last season would have seen his salary nearly doubled by leaving Milan to join West Ham!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Bacca is apparently on 3.5 Million Euros a year. That would (I believe) be around 55-60K a week depending upon the exchange rate.

I guess West Ham would have offered Bacca somewhere in the region of 80K a week.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

On a side note, I would not be too upset to see Nordveit move to pastures new. Nothing against the lad, but I do not see how he fits into the team.
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Flairon wrote:On a side note, I would not be too upset to see Nordveit move to pastures new. Nothing against the lad, but I do not see how he fits into the team.
When he first joined us I thought he was being brought in by Slaven,to challenge Nobes
for a start but never seemed to work out,have a feeling there's a decent player there
somewhere maybe,but time is over here I think,best if he moves on..
Wish him luck if he does.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Nordtveit to Hoffenheim done deal. Not bothered at all by this and hopefully a sign of Kouyate and Obiang staying

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

thomasswe wrote:Nordtveit to Hoffenheim done deal. Not bothered at all by this and hopefully a sign of Kouyate and Obiang staying
I for one am very worried , especially if this shower dont hold on to Obiang/Kouyate , that leaves Noble , and after the season hes just had wouldnt hold my breath for any improvement. But then we do have Cullen , but what chance do you think he has of getting games under Bilic.

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

There saying on skysports 'http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... hoffenheim' the fee could be 8 million.

If it's anywhere near that figure then we've done very well indeed.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Toddie wrote:There saying on skysports 'http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... hoffenheim' the fee could be 8 million.

If it's anywhere near that figure then we've done very well indeed.
More like Harry and Lloyd have done very well indeed

No chance it will be invested properly in the squad, if at all

They'll probably try to offload Feghouli and bring in another couple of freebies to try and sell at profit next summer

We are losing players left, right and centre and dont look like completing any deals from what the supposed ITK's are saying

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Not bad business at all.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

By all accounts Anthony Modeste is close to moving to China. TBH, I did not know he was on our wish list.

It is also being rumoured that we are preparing a €10m bid for Udinese right back, Silvan Widmer. That does not bode well for Sam Byram......
Flairon