West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote:
palerider wrote: It seems Calleri divides opinions.

I don't think he's a bad player personally, but not one that will set the PL alight and I can't see any value in bidding for him (if that's a possibility), as we have to be looking at better in the summer to avoid another dog's breakfast of a season next year.

As for Noble, there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Bilic will have him waltz straight back in the side with Fernandes making way.
....and shuffling every tom dick & Harry out of position in the process .
Why he can't just leave things be , leave Mark on the bench , and see how things ride ffs ...

It's the reason why Bilic has to go imo
Sadly I agree, because he's such a nice guy.

But the way I see it is that last season was the exception, not this one. We had the only world-class player we've ever had in modern times which makes such a big difference. The opposition spent half their time on the back foot because of it which papers over so many cracks. The period that Payet was missing was our slump, when although we fought hard and were tough to beat, we posed little threat ourselves. And it was during that period that Bilic impressed me most actually, as without Payet we were half the team. I hate the fat French cunt now, but he was that good.

This season though, Bilic has lost the plot. My mate, who goes to every home game and a big Bilic nosher argued last night that Slav's name was ringing in the rooftops yesterday. Well whoopsy-fucking-do.

He's stubborn to the point of pulling your hair out. He has a blind faith, Allardyce-esque in truth, in his favourite players, so out of form it's an embarrassment, he has no ability to change a game in our favour once the whistle's blown, and as for his square pegs in round holes policy and his bizarre substitutions. I'll say no more.

We're 95% safe. Although I haven't thrown out my betting slip just yet. But along with all the changes that have to be made in the summer, the manager's position is the most important.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I don't think he's a bad player personally, but not one that will set the PL alight and I can't see any value in bidding for him (if that's a possibility), as we have to be looking at better in the summer to avoid another dog's breakfast of a season next year.

As for Noble, there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Bilic will have him waltz straight back in the side with Fernandes making way.
I've not been over impressed with him but, like everyone else what we have seen has probably been too littlwe to make an objective judgment. If we can get his permanent services for a reasonable fee I wouldn't disagree with that thinking. I would hate to see him leave and go on to become a big name, as many people who have seen him play regularly, predict he will.

Don't know who decides what a reasonable fee is though. I just hope it's not the prick who thought Snodgrass was worth 9 million.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Re: Everton Video Review

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote:Great review guys , but beg to differ didnt think it was a Bilic tactical masterclass , Bilic was forced into alot of the changes . Noble out , Byram out , Carroll out , Nordtveit finally got to play where he should have played much earlier then this game, especially when Noble has been so poor for us . Carroll injured so Calleri played he should have had more game time before today , the guy does have talent , shame we dont have the option to buy and if we dont why is he playing , why not Fletcher . Masuaku wouldnt have been playing if Cresswell hadnt of got the injury . No right back so had to play a back 3 , couldnt put Nordtveit there as we needed a DM who is solid calm and can pass the ball , because Kouyate cant pass or cross and is a box to box player .

For me the man of the match was Nordtveit , after all the shite this guy has had to put up with from lack of games when he should have played , to being played out of position and the crap he has had to put up with from us fans , and to pull out a game like he did today impressed me alot , especially at this time of the season and the pressure the team must be under to get results. But a special mention for Masuaku he is impressing me , and the back 3 did really well but as was mentioned I think the midfield helped immensely .

But there are rumours of a Calleri signing so maybe we do have the option to buy if that is the case why hasnt he got more game time? Not impressed with Ayew a left winger up front with no pace , he did run his socks off but it looked like he was running with lead weights around his ankles he was more of a hindrance to Calleri then any help , would have liked to have seen Sakho on with Calleri , as I think Calleri needs pace around him and we just dont have anyone with it apart from Feghouli .
Sorry Gonzo got to agree with Clayton Bilic was basically given Hobson's choice. The time to give him real credit will be next week, but that depends on what he does. If he drops Nordy or moves him in favor of Obiang or Noble then he will forever seem like the manager that can't change his thinking unless forced.

Sorry Geo too, I think you might have a touch of the Bilic prejudice when it comes to Sahko. It was mentioned we lacked a striker that could have maybe nicked us a win so use him. We gotta get rid so put his use to good use.

Never the less good show and it's nice to hear a more up beat review show. It was even sun shining by the looks of it.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

Just watched the highlights on MOTD. I didn't last night as I was drunk.

You can't tell much from them but Ayew worked hard, Nordtveit is now Nordtveit and not Nordshyte, wtf was Adrian doing with the first half fuck-up ? and Everton should have had a penalty.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

There are those who think he is shit and there are those who think he is really shit........

......(and then there's Newmarket who must have got his medication wrong on Saturday.... ;) ;) ;) )

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Great review as always My MOTD was Arthur who looked good going forward and back Gonge Reidy and Nordveidt were excellent Think we are safe despite Hull and Swans winning. Think Adrian did well after such a long time out

Taranis

Post by Taranis »

Cheers for the review chaps. Looking forward to the Vlog Gonzo.

COYI
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so...

JayK

Post by JayK »

A good, solid, defensive performance yesterday and I was happy to lose money on it. For the last few seasons I woulda accepted a point against Everton and yesterday was no different. In fact, it kinda felt like a win considering I was expecting a thorough thrashing.

Nordveit was very good and I think will only get better if played in his natural position more regular.
I felt Fernandes tended to drift inwards quite a bit but played ok.
The 3 CB's were a fantastic trio who worked really well together.
Calleri was always too deep to be much of a threat up front but I didn't think he had a bad game considering.
Sakho still not match fit but he will improve.
Kouyate played further forward than Nordveit for a fair chunk of the game.
Adrian had a flap from the throw in but he didn't want the ball at that time so was put in a bit of trouble by Fernandes there. Glad he was back in the sticks though.
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

In a way one of our best performances this year all things considered,certainly from
a defensive point of view,first class...
Ginge and the boys...Lukaku....Pocket... :D

I'm Bloody Boring myself with this,apart from anyone that will listen,but a Back 3 works for us,
and Ginge is a 1st teamer not a squad player.
If we had a Cresswell that could play on the right wingback role,really believe we could
have a cracking defence.

I would have swapped Nord and Fernandes around yesterday,would have gave us a bit more going
forward I feel,and Fletcher for Calleiri,but the formation was good,Slav really doesn't rate some
of our players..

Please,please Slav don't revert to a flat 4,against the spuds,they will kill us,They ran the
cheats ragged yesterday,but that 5 across the back in defence,enabled the cheats to still win..

But well done yesterday Irons,I'm Happy............ish..

palerider

Post by palerider »

Oziron wrote:
There are those who think he is shit and there are those who think he is really shit........

......(and then there's Newmarket who must have got his medication wrong on Saturday.... ;) ;) ;) )
Jonathan Caliperlleri ?

He's ok but not the messiah.