Antonio sign new 4 year contract

Chat about anything football related here!
H4L

Antonio sign new 4 year contract

Post by H4L »

Good news in my opinion. Well done to the lad!

Re: Antonio sign new 4 year contract

Post by 1234 »

My opinion on this fella is pretty clear but I am happy for other supporters who rate him highly.
I don't know what this says about his attitude. If a player plays half the season in a foreign position they would usually be questioning whether they should be at the club and not signing extended contracts. Another who only cares about the money?

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Antonio had a good first season for us and gets rewarded. Nothing wrong with that, shows the players that if you play well and do what's asked for, without complaint,it gets noticed. Some might say, well they are getting paid enough already to do exactly that but in my view who doesn't like to be told they are doing a great job.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

deanox

Post by deanox »

All football players are overpaid IMO but that's a different discussion, good on him he might be raw but you cannot deny his enthusiasm and relentless running. I think there is more to come from him.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Well he’s 31 in March and it looks like they are looking at giving him another 4 year deal .
https://www.hammers.news/club-news/very ... ace-claim/

Thoughts this time around ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 am Well he’s 31 in March and it looks like they are looking at giving him another 4 year deal .

Thoroughly deserves a new deal. Not sure if 4 years is a good shout though, especially with age and injuries catching up.
Even as a squad member he's handy to have and I've liked him from day one.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:37 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 am Well he’s 31 in March and it looks like they are looking at giving him another 4 year deal .

Thoroughly deserves a new deal. Not sure if 4 years is a good shout though, especially with age and injuries catching up.
Agreed. 4 years is too long for a bloke the wrong side of 30 imo. His recent contributions need to be acknowledged but we appear not to have learnt the lessons of Winston Reid.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Is he injured ? :)

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:41 am
Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:37 am
Agreed. 4 years is too long for a bloke the wrong side of 30 imo. His recent contributions need to be acknowledged but we appear not to have learnt the lessons of Winston Reid.
Well that would be a commitment to pay £20M (100k x 52 weeks x 4 years) a little rich but considering the money doled out to Anderson, Haller, it's not exactly hugely wasteful.

Plus Antonio being himself and possessing his own driving skills, such as they are...he probably needs it more