Transfer Window Summer 2016

Chat about anything football related here!
KingdomOfWHAM

Re: Transfer Window Summer 2016

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

I know I'm probably the only person who sees it this way but I really think the idea of making a massive "marquee" striker signing for £30m+ this summer could be shortsighted. I still don't think the squad we have is quite ready to compete in the Europa League Group Stages AND the Prem AND the domestic cups at once. The squad depth just isn't there yet.

£30m+ could go on 2/3 quality players and really bolster the squad.

Ultimately I think we need a first choice complete RB, a backup LB, a decent left winger and a decent striker. That's assuming working under the assumptions we'll let few players leave and no loans to the likes of Burke, Oxford and Samuelsen.

I imagine our budget is probably around £40m. How far can that stretch?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:I know I'm probably the only person who sees it this way but I really think the idea of making a massive "marquee" striker signing for £30m+ this summer could be shortsighted. I still don't think the squad we have is quite ready to compete in the Europa League Group Stages AND the Prem AND the domestic cups at once. The squad depth just isn't there yet.

Ultimately I think we need a first choice complete RB, a backup LB, a decent left winger and a decent striker. That's assuming working under the assumptions we'll let few players leave and no loans to the likes of Burke, Oxford and Samuelsen.

That would be met strategy too Charlie

ticker

Post by ticker »

Do you think we should go for the PSG right back if they decide to offload

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote:
KingdomOfWHAM wrote:I know I'm probably the only person who sees it this way but I really think the idea of making a massive "marquee" striker signing for £30m+ this summer could be shortsighted. I still don't think the squad we have is quite ready to compete in the Europa League Group Stages AND the Prem AND the domestic cups at once. The squad depth just isn't there yet.

That would be met strategy too Charlie
It wouldn't exactly be MY strategy but I think it's the one that the club will ultimately follow.
Because I don't think a " marquee" £30m+ striker will agree to come ....unless it's an over-inflated £10m striker that is .
Bring back Jonathon !

ticker

Post by ticker »

Serge aurier told to train with reserves PSG must want him gone a couple of police incidents and a bit verbal but a great talent on the cheap possibly

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

KUMB are reporting that we are interested in Werder Bremen attacking midfielder Zlatko Junuzovic.

Read more at http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=129907 ... iDcCmd7.99
Flairon

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

ticker wrote:Do you think we should go for the PSG right back if they decide to offload

These are always difficult to call Ticker because we are dealing with a player who most know nothing about. I'm sure we have a few regular Champions Lg watchers who can tell us something about the fella

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

I have a feeling most of the transfers we get this window are going to be like Dimi.players who we need to see playing for our team to relise just what we have on our hands.I know some of you are shit hot on your foreign players,but I don't know what to expect from some of the names being banded about!I just listen to yous in know and go from there.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:I have a feeling most of the transfers we get this window are going to be like Dimi.players who we need to see playing for our team to relise just what we have on our hands.I know some of you are shit hot on your foreign players,but I don't know what to expect from some of the names being banded about!I just listen to yous in know and go from there.

Me too mate. I just don't watch that much European football . . . . . . Mrs Gonzo thinks there is too much with the domestic league as it is

KingdomOfWHAM

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

Gonzo wrote:
ticker wrote:Do you think we should go for the PSG right back if they decide to offload

These are always difficult to call Ticker because we are dealing with a player who most know nothing about. I'm sure we have a few regular Champions Lg watchers who can tell us something about the fella
Aurier is undoubtedly talented and was vying with another target of ours, Van Der Wiel, to be first choice RB for PSG and winning most of the time. He's only 23 and is already one of the best RBs in France right now but mentally he's all over the shop.

Consistently has gotten into trouble over the past year and a half. Had bust ups with just about everyone, teammates, manager and most recently got arrested last night for starting a fight with a police officer outside a night club.

Just not worth the risk.