Scott parker?

Chat about anything football related here!
Down under mick

Scott parker?

Post by Down under mick »

It has always intrigued me with Scott parker. to me he seemed to be the heart and soul of west ham for a couple of years then controversially going to Tottenham. My vague recollection was he would come back or maybe me hoping once we were promoted with limited feedback at the time I was wondering how he is looked at now I have read he is not popular which is a shame I think. ps what's the go with the hatred of Tottenham I honestly don't know. What kicked that off?

palerider

Re: Scott parker?

Post by palerider »

For me, it was the day we lost a game near the end of the season that the golem took us down. At Man City.

I'd been a big fan of Parker up until then. But the lunchtime kick-off that day showed Parker sitting next to Jamie Redknapp in the stands watching Spurs. The same day we were in Manchester. I think he was a boyhood Spurs fan but that's irrelevant. I'd be saying the same if he were watching anybody other than us.

He was injured, yes. Grant had given him permission, yes. But he was club captain and should have been encouraging the team paying his wages, West Ham, at the Etihad.

He wasn't the reason we went down. He'd done more than anyone on the pitch to stop it happening. But that day he betrayed his club.

And I can't forgive him for that.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Scott Parker has been viewed in different ways. Some not so flattering. How ever during the dark days he was rumored to have laid into the players in the dressing room, firing more passion into them

To me he was an average player who earned an England call up due to his good martialing in MF. He played with pride.

As for Spurs, sell Levy alone could say it all. I know that's where my dislike comes from.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Any rational person would agree with you,mick.....

There are a lot of irrational fans who must have a hate figure.....perhaps their need to boo is to vent their frustration at not having much to cheer about.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

I used to like Parker. In them dark days he was a shining light but for me it was Watford away in our 1st away game in the Championship (I think it was 1st) when I knew he wasn't interested.

He set up the 4th and while the other boys all run off the celebrate, he trudged back to our half, head down. For some reason, that vision stuck in my head and I lost every bit of respect I had for him. Didn't shed a tear when he left, never clapped him on his return.

Down under mick

Thanks for that despite being a hammer supporter for 45 years limited coverage over the years for west ham hear in Australia until I stumbled onto sites like this getting all the gossip now ;)

Down under mick

And Tottenham?

Herbiehammer

Post by Herbiehammer »

Parker let himself down by going to the Spurs game saddled up with Redknapp.

My dislike for Tottenham comes from the spurs fans mainly through forums if the truth be known and the total delusional belief they have not so much this season as they have actually achieved the top 4 and they did a few seasons ago too due to the fact that Liverpool were so shit that season and the same again can be said for this year but with the added fact that Man Utd are now also shit as well as Chelsea (In comparison to previous seasons)

I really do detest them
3 Donkeys on a shirt....

Herbiehammer

Post by Herbiehammer »

Just to recap on my previous post

Its the fans I dont like

I kind of like the team as they have had some great, superb players over the years.

Lineker, Gazza, Bale

Gazza and Bale are very probably arguably the best players these shores have ever seen
3 Donkeys on a shirt....

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

It's a London derby, they can pretend all they like that they don't see us a rival but they do. You look on their forums before and after a game, see the reactions when they beat us. They hate it when we beat them, absolutely hate it. They also don't like the fact that in the 80's, we used to make WHL our own, talk to any fan who regularly went there and you'll hear stories of west ham in every area of the ground.

Their fans let them down, they are deluded as they come, up there with Newcastle fans. They think they have a god given right to be up the top end of the table and they try to look down on other clubs. I hope the proper big boys regroup in the coming season cos otherwise Spurs will have another great chance to win the title. The laughs we can have when we look back at their biggest chance and they fucked it up to Leicester :D