A few questions now we are in a better position

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

A few questions now we are in a better position

Post by IronsForever »

Should Kouyate come back to midfield? He was a giant all over the pitch today! Maybe its time to keep Lanzini on the bench and strength that middle and stop them slicing through us. I like Lanzini but i am not sure at home, him and Payet are worth risking when we are struggling to contain teams so much.

Should Antonio now and i believe yes, play up as lone striker with Carroll close behind?

Should Oggy be benched after we get a Jan singing center back? For me he is very flat footed and doesn't jump high enough and his distribution is terrible?

Noble again today was very negative. A few times he even pointed back to the goalie when we were just inside out half.
He tried his heart out today but he isn't the free playing , creative Noble from last year. Time for him to be benched and let Fernandes gain experience in that spot?? Or Kouyate

Why are our backs so nervous with the ball? Teams are like pitballs these days and they sense their fear and high press! 2 defender in the market needed for us.??

Should we now play 4 4 2 because playing wing backs puts pressure on the 2 holding mid fielders?

what would your 4 4 2 be?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Porterman

Re: A few questions now we are in a better position

Post by Porterman »

Newbie Reid, Newbie,Cresswell

Newbie Kouyate Newbie Payet

Antonio Sakho.

Would keep Ayew and Fernandez.

All the rest I would look to sell/ move on/ free.

Would look to get Wilshire and Sigurdsson in if possible and try to lure Dembele from Celtic.

Also like the look of the Dutch boy that plays wide left at Wigan ( not sure of his name but he scored today) and he could possibly do a job.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Porterman wrote:Newbie Reid, Newbie,Cresswell

Antonio Sakho.

Would look to get Wilshire and Sigurdsson in if possible and try to lure Dembele from Celtic.

Also like the look of the Dutch boy that plays wide left at Wigan ( not sure of his name but he scored today) and he could possibly do a job.
Wilshire would be a good buy.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:Newbie Reid, Newbie,Cresswell

Antonio Sakho.

You can not obviously overlook " foreign buys" but from where I'm sitting they ( irrespective of where the originate from/play) come with the same time to settle/ need to adjust to the pace of the Prem/get used to new surroundings and on and fucking on.

Before you know it they have been here 18 months and have played a handful of games influencimg few and it's " oh their contract is running out next season we need to renegotiate" or they simply run their contract down and your left with nothing!!

That's why I would be moving heaven and earth IF Wilshire remains injury free at Bourmouth and looks to have rediscovered his past talent.

I'm sorry but I'm getting tired of players wanting untold wealth and then trotting out the aforementioned garbage!!

At that level YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING FROM THE OFF IMO.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Porterman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
You can not obviously overlook " foreign buys" but from where I'm sitting they ( irrespective of where the originate from/play) come with the same time to settle/ need to adjust to the pace of the Prem/get used to new surroundings and on and fucking on.

Before you know it they have been here 18 months and have played a handful of games influencimg few and it's " oh their contract is running out next season we need to renegotiate" or they simply run their contract down and your left with nothing!!

That's why I would be moving heaven and earth IF Wilshire remains injury free at Bourmouth and looks to have rediscovered his past talent.

I'm sorry but I'm getting tired of players wanting untold wealth and then trotting out the aforementioned garbage!!

At that level YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING FROM THE OFF IMO.
I agree! any player bought abroad for the price we pay which is under 25 million will be a gamble in the Premier League. Makes perfect sense to poach ( head hunt) already established Premier league players and offer them bette rwage terms than they are getting or buy abroad but buy in the 30 -40 million bracket like Arsenal do.