Ticket prices and attendances

Chat about anything football related here!
s6kev

Ticket prices and attendances

Post by s6kev »

Have season tickets been priced correctly?

I think can all agree and the owners probably also realised that without the very reasonably priced season tickets we would not sellout the 57k that we have each game (more on that later). But from being at the games and highlighted even more on tv it's clear to see that no where near 57k are in attendance. So, yes it's great we have been able to get cheap season tickets, it's great that 57k get sold every game but are tickets too cheap meaning thousands can pick and choose what games to attend without thinking they are losing out too much? All this brings me back to one of my real bug bears of the attendance being announced as 57k every game. Yes we sold 57k tickets but 57k people haven't attended, is there anywhere we can find out the official attendance?

DanDruff

Re: Ticket prices and attendances

Post by DanDruff »

Unfortunately the figures announced are those of tickets sold. I didn't go last night and neither did both my kids. I've got a disabled season ticket, so I have one for a carer as well as two child STs. That's four that would've been added to the attendance alone.

I took advantage of the +2 option when renewing last year, so as well as me only paying £250 for my (and carer) ST, I got the kids one each for £198 combined. That's a total of £448 for four season tickets! Over the season, that works out as £24 per match for a family four. We can afford to pick and choose the matches we attend, and I'm sure there are many like minded supporters out there.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

DanDruff wrote:Unfortunately the figures announced are those of tickets sold. I didn't go last night and neither did both my kids. I've got a disabled season ticket, so I have one for a carer as well as two child STs. That's four that would've been added to the attendance alone.

I took advantage of the +2 option when renewing last year, so as well as me only paying £250 for my (and carer) ST, I got the kids one each for £198 combined. That's a total of £448 for four season tickets! Over the season, that works out as £24 per match for a family four. We can afford to pick and choose the matches we attend, and I'm sure there are many like minded supporters out there.
And that's from a pair of robbing cnuts that run our club?!

Interesting to hear what the gobby detractors have to make of these facts of supporting massive inclusion!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Depends what perspective you look at pricing from.

The average Joe would say prices are too expensive if he can't afford to attend every game he wants to. The business manager would say that if a stadium was sold out week in week out, whether or not the tickets are actually used, then tickets are too cheap. Particularly if there is a large waiting list for ST's to be exploited at top dollar. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

whu

Post by whu »

please clock arsenal and their 'sold out' announcement when they play a burnley midweek in december

zero difference

except we are noisier

happy to help
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

DanDruff

Post by DanDruff »

Porterman wrote:
DanDruff wrote:Unfortunately the figures announced are those of tickets sold. I didn't go last night and neither did both my kids. I've got a disabled season ticket, so I have one for a carer as well as two child STs. That's four that would've been added to the attendance alone.

And that's from a pair of robbing cnuts that run our club?!

Interesting to hear what the gobby detractors have to make of these facts of supporting massive inclusion!!
One promise the dildo brothers have - kind of - kept. Affordable football when we move to the Olympic Stadium. That is true if you're fortunate enough to have a season ticket, but if you haven't paid in advance and want to buy them for individual matches, you get well and truly shafted financially.

mitford

Post by mitford »

when i was on holiday in the summer i got chatting to a bloke who turned out to be an arsenal supporter and he got season tickets for west ham for him and his sons because its cheaper :shock: yes they're cheaper but fuck me mate you support arsenal why the fuck would you want a west ham season ticket

s6kev

Post by s6kev »

I would currently estimate we have between 5-10k empty seats each game (not including the 9k that are covered up). That is sold season tickets and people not choosing not to attend, I'm guessing it's the same culprits that have bought cheap tickets with the sole purpose of picking and choosing games. How about West Ham introducing a renewal points system (we do have a 50k waiting list). Each season you must get 14 points to be given the opportunity to renew. You get 1 point for each game you attend and 0.5 point for if you put your ticket on the exchange system (my brother used this for today's game against Hull and both tickets were bought within hours).

That would mean in a 19 home game season a season ticket holder would only have to attend 9 of those games but would then need to put the ticket on the exchange for the other 10 games to get the 14 points. This would still allow those that want to pick and choose games to do so but would mean they would have to put their ticket on the eticketing system (which currently many are not) in order to gain enough points to renew next season. This should then resolve the problem of masses of empty seats

Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Just spoke to our little lot about arrangements for today and both of them have sickness and the shits.
That means there will be at least 2 empty seats in block 142.

Noni

Post by Noni »

What's the price of a hot dog or burger and a beer?