Is It Time To Bin "Bubbles"

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Is It Time To Bin "Bubbles"

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote:Now you gonna be put in stocks in the middle of our pitch and pelted with rotten tomatoes.

To even suggest such a thing!!

As many have said, Claret and Blue is our blood but Bubbles is the air that circulates it. And long may it continue.
Only the stocks and rotten tomatoes? I was expecting worse tbh. Will it be our forwards throwing the tomatoes? If so I guess I can still wear decent threads. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

DanishHammer wrote:Image
Closet Hammers fan. Closet everything else as well :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:Now you gonna be put in stocks in the middle of our pitch and pelted with rotten tomatoes.

To even suggest such a thing!!

As many have said, Claret and Blue is our blood but Bubbles is the air that circulates it. And long may it continue.
Only the stocks and rotten tomatoes? I was expecting worse tbh. Will it be our forwards throwing the tomatoes? If so I guess I can still wear decent threads. ;)

Its the one that looks like its going wide. Then you realise its Payet and it hits you smack on the nose. :)

downunda

Post by downunda »

If we were to be separated from “I’m forever blowing bubbles” the earth would probably be rocked off its axis.

Most likely the oldest and most famous song associated with a football club. Ok the lyrics may not be the best as a sporting song but it’s the meaning behind it, and the way it is sung that counts.

They can take away many things but they can’t take away our history and song. It was sung loud and clear on my wedding day and is going to be sung at my funeral.

If I send over the tomatoes can someone do the throwing for me.

Long live the song.

Scott

Post by Scott »

Nice bit of writing but no.

I know Miss Brand would love to but we have had our arse ripped out with this rebranding. We could just become another MK Dons :o
I'm not saying I hate you, but I would unplug your life support to charge my phone

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

just like the avatar . We'll be blowing bubbles for eternity. whufc_crest

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Never did like the words to the song...it's like testifying to shooting yourself in the foot....again and again... It has a masochist, defeatist element to it..."then like my dreams they fade and die". What a downer!
I understand that attachment to it for us long suffering fans but there is for sure, a negative psychology in the song. In effect we are singing, we are destined to be disappointed. IMO that's a pathetic ethos. As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is blah blah blah..

Sadly I think we are stuck with it but thank you to the original poster for having the cahounis to have his bubbles burst so publicly. :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Chicken Runner wrote:Never did like the words to the song...it's like testifying to shooting yourself in the foot....again and again... It has a masochist, defeatist element to it..."then like my dreams they fade and die". What a downer!
I understand that attachment to it for us long suffering fans but there is for sure, a negative psychology in the song. In effect we are singing, we are destined to be disappointed. IMO that's a pathetic ethos. As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is blah blah blah..

Sadly I think we are stuck with it but thank you to the original poster for having the cahounis to have his bubbles burst so publicly. :D
At last a voice of reason and sanity in the midst of nostalgia. ;)

A like minded soul who believes, as I do, that the 6 most dangerous words in the English language when assembled into a sentence are "We've always done it like that".

And now cue the fucking gramatikpolizei to tell me that, because of the apostrophe, it's actually 7 words.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote:
Chicken Runner wrote:Never did like the words to the song...it's like testifying to shooting yourself in the foot....again and again... It has a masochist, defeatist element to it..."then like my dreams they fade and die". What a downer!

A like minded soul who believes, as I do, that the 6 most dangerous words in the English language when assembled into a sentence are "We've always done it like that".

And now cue the fucking gramatikpolizei to tell me that, because of the apostrophe, it's actually 7 words.
As a long standing believer that West Ham always kick me in the bollocks each and every time we look like achieving something , I can safely say that "bubbles" is a highly appropriate anthem .
You just need the sense of humour to go with it ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote:

If they're the most 6 dangerous words in the English language, you've led a really sheltered life.