noble on talkshite

Chat about anything football related here!
gazhammer

Re: noble on talkshite

Post by gazhammer »

Pennywise wrote:
gazhammer wrote:
Most of you don't even know what he is capable of, you have formed an opinion not unlike that of Lampard.

My reckoning says he'd get in at least 10 other EPL teams starting line up and would even be used regularly at the top clubs. Of course neither opinion can be proven, but at least mine comes from an unbiased stand point.
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

How the fuck is your opinion "unbiased"? You've already stated you think he's a "legend" ffs. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
Because he's proven numerous times what a good player he is, as did Lamps.

He should be used as either a box to box midfielder or a deep lying playmaker but he gets used more as a holding midfielder, so he doesn't impress as much as he has in the past in a more favourable role.

If you knew anything about the game then you'd understand.

grandad

Post by grandad »

No more on this subject from me

I know fuck all about football it seems !!!!!!!
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Longshanks

Post by Longshanks »

grandad wrote:No more on this subject from me

Gramps its all about how and what constitutes a Legend in OUR own opinions mate, imo Mark deserves that accolade for his love and commitment to OUR club. I don't think Gaz meant YOU know nothing Gramps, he was referring to that ginger cunt James, who we all know knows fuck all about football. :-)
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

gazhammer

Post by gazhammer »

Longshanks wrote:
grandad wrote:No more on this subject from me

Gramps its all about how and what constitutes a Legend in OUR own opinions mate, imo Mark deserves that accolade for his love and commitment to OUR club. I don't think Gaz meant YOU know nothing Gramps, he was referring to that ginger cunt James, who we all know knows fuck all about football. :-)
You'll find that a lot of those knocking Noble will be the same idiots who did so with Lampard.

Fair enough with players like Nordveit, Tore and Zaza(to some degree) but Noble has done so much for this club and even if you take away his utter devotion, he still ranks highly amongst former legends.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

This is one of the few occasions that Gaz has made a good call,cut him some slack ffs !

Mark's performances are influenced by the instructions the manager gives him.

With limited attacking options I think Slaven is reluctant for Noble to sit deep, where he has other choices.

I guess he kinds of gives him a free role and that does make him appear lost at times with the limited amount of good balls finding him from defence,

We and he were best early last year when Kouyate and he in tandem made up a solid pair of DM's, then I believe Slaven,again without attacking options, gave Kouyate the free role, and he too couldnt perform well there.

Re introduce that line up,anchor Kouyate and have Noble supporting him in that role but with a little more freedom.

Obiang is not yet better than him in that position.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

He is slow, dithers on the ball and turns more circles than Scott Parker. Yes, he would get in 10 other teams, all the one's we should finish above. OK player, not great and not a fucking Legend.

Gaz knows whats he is talking about, Noble on FM10 is fucking mustard.

Longshanks knows fuck all, fact
Covid in the Boardroom

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Dithering = retaining possession until someone moves into a decent attacking position to receive a pass......

More first touch accurate passes than........lots of other players

gazhammer

Post by gazhammer »

jameskel wrote:He is slow, dithers on the ball and turns more circles than Scott Parker. Yes, he would get in 10 other teams, all the one's we should finish above. OK player, not great and not a fucking Legend.

Gaz knows whats he is talking about, Noble on FM10 is fucking mustard.

Longshanks knows fuck all, fact
1. He's not as slow as you make out.

2. The fact that he "turns more circles than Scott Parker" is not something he has ever been known to do, now if you understood the game AND what's been said then you would understand that this behaviour is typical of a player uncomfortable with his instructions and being played in a role he is not suited to.

Think before you post!

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

gazhammer wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

How the fuck is your opinion "unbiased"? You've already stated you think he's a "legend" ffs. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

He should be used as either a box to box midfielder or a deep lying playmaker but he gets used more as a holding midfielder, so he doesn't impress as much as he has in the past in a more favourable role.

Stop inventing arguments Gaz, I like Noble, my point was you saying your opinion is unbiased, which it clearly isn't given you have already stated you think he's a "legend."

I'd suggest you don't know the meaning of either the words legend or unbiased, the fact that your only football experience comes from a weekly indoor 5-a-side team, it's hardly surprising.

gazhammer

Post by gazhammer »

Pennywise wrote:
gazhammer wrote:

your only football experience comes from a weekly indoor 5-a-side team, it's hardly surprising.
How'd you work that out?