noble on talkshite

Chat about anything football related here!
grandad

Re: noble on talkshite

Post by grandad »

gazhammer wrote:Noble is a legend to me, don't give a fuck what you cunts think.

Gaz because we have a opinion on noble don't make us cunts you love him and think he is a legend that's ok I and others think he is a ok player and that's about it

Don't think he would get in any other prem team if I am honest and for a captain to be subbed like he has is not that good for him or us

I'd put him in same category has Geoff pike...Kevin keen good clubmen
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

H4L

Post by H4L »

Honestly, I don't think Mark Noble would class himself as a legend. The one thing he is is West Ham. I think yuh would be proud to be regarded as an exceptional club servant and will probably go on to play a role with the club after he hangs his boots up.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote:Moore, Bonds and Brooking.

Possibly Sir Geoff although he's remembered more for England. Peters, no. Played his best stuff for the Spuds.

Alvin probably. Dev possibly.

With notable mentions, including Nobes, that's about it. Legend is the highest status.
But isn't achievement one of the criteria we should use when bestowing the title "legend" on someone? The Champions League is now seen by most as the major competition but back in 1966 winning the world cup was the highest honour the game could give. He did it. He was a West Ham player at that time. Therefore------.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

I'm a Noble fan,but to call him a legend,is a bit strong.
Sir Geoff Hurst legend 499 apps 248 goals F. A. Cup winner 1964, cup winners cup winner following season. Thats without his England heroics.
Only using Hurst as an example.
People tend to call players legends because they stick with one club.Noble has been a loyal player,and it helps because he is a West Ham fan,but a bit early if ever for legendary status. COYI

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:Legends of our Football club in MY time.

Moore,Hurst,Alan Taylor,Brooking,Bonds,Parkes and perhaps Di Canio.(he never won nothing)

Legends of England and World Football,Moore and Hurst.
Alan Taylor Terry? Are you sure?
Has Granddad quoted David Coleman's famous commentary " 2 in Quarters 2 in Semi`s,Now 2 in the Final.Nobody would dare write a story like that even in a fictional world."

We have won 4 major trophies,just 4 in our history and Taylor was the main reason why we won it in 1975.Let`s not forget,Ipswich Town(Semi-Final opponents) were one win from winning the League that season and winning at Highbury in the Quarters was a terrific result.

In my opinion,Taylor is a legend at our club. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thames

Post by Thames »

Possible legends not mentioned - Greenwood, Lyall and Vic Watson?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Thames wrote:Possible legends not mentioned - Greenwood, Lyall and Vic Watson?
No possible about it Thames they ARE :D

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

When did this become a discussion about if Noble is a legend or not?

Listening to him, I do remember what I love about the guy, his obvious passion for the club and the fans, you can tell he loves Bilic and loves his teammates. Two things I noticed from his tone/responses though:

1) When he mentioned "Some managers players openly talked about and criticized in the past" I was thinking which manager was he referring to? I imagine Grant would be one, but perhaps Pards? I can't imagine anyone daring to criticize Big Sam and from how people talk about Zola, it seems as if people would have died for that man.

2) He kept saying "I been there before, I know what it's like so I try to help them" talking about younger players or when West Ham were in relegation struggles. Even though it's an innocent statement about how he wants to help his teammates, it does give me a sneaking suspicion that mentally he might not be as hungry to learn and improve his game, especially after such a good season last term. We all should know when you mentally switch off and think you've figured things out, you lose your edge - This gives me an insight into his mind and possibly answers why he's been so poor this season Noble (Had only 3 or 4 good games all year)

I did like the way 'Arry praised him for his dedication to the team, very rare these days and Noble may well end up being our last ever "Legend" if he makes it to 500 appearances, though I would want to see him captain us to some success before giving him that status. I doubt we will ever have a player like him again.

gazhammer

Post by gazhammer »

grandad wrote:
gazhammer wrote:Noble is a legend to me, don't give a fuck what you cunts think.

Gaz because we have a opinion on noble don't make us cunts you love him and think he is a legend that's ok I and others think he is a ok player and that's about it

Don't think he would get in any other prem team if I am honest and for a captain to be subbed like he has is not that good for him or us

Most of you don't even know what he is capable of, you have formed an opinion not unlike that of Lampard.

My reckoning says he'd get in at least 10 other EPL teams starting line up and would even be used regularly at the top clubs. Of course neither opinion can be proven, but at least mine comes from an unbiased stand point.

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

gazhammer wrote:
grandad wrote:

Most of you don't even know what he is capable of, you have formed an opinion not unlike that of Lampard.

My reckoning says he'd get in at least 10 other EPL teams starting line up and would even be used regularly at the top clubs. Of course neither opinion can be proven, but at least mine comes from an unbiased stand point.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How the fuck is your opinion "unbiased"? You've already stated you think he's a "legend" ffs. :lol: :lol: :lol: