How do you do it Holmes?

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

How do you do it Holmes?

Post by ToneLoc »

Deductive logic is clearly their strong point.........
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38274152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's funny how none of them were so caring about reform when they were slurping from the gravy train.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Gonzo

Re: How do you do it Holmes?

Post by Gonzo »

The FA only have their selves to blame for the power of the Premier League.

They were so focused on stitching up the football league at the inception of the (at the time named) FA Premier league that they waived all their powers. If at the that point the FA had stipulated that they would be part of the Premier League board or had insisted on owning a percentage of the newly formed top division they would have got it.

The showed a complete lack of foresight and can really have no complaint that they non longer have any real control of power over our national game aside from refereeing and the England team.

The sooner the Premier League form a governing body and take over the better.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Gonzo wrote:The FA only have their selves to blame for the power of the Premier League.

They were so focused on stitching up the football league at the inception of the (at the time named) FA Premier league that they waived all their powers. If at the that point the FA had stipulated that they would be part of the Premier League board or had insisted on owning a percentage of the newly formed top division they would have got it.

The showed a complete lack of foresight and can really have no complaint that they non longer have any real control of power over our national game aside from refereeing and the England team.

The sooner the Premier League form a governing body and take over the better.
Trouble is Gonz is that the PL is all about the money,money is the main objective,and if the
Clubs decide they could get away with £100 tickets to make even more money,the Pl,
would sit back and go OK,Whatever.
I live in hope that there are some decent, knowledgeable people left in the F.A,to have some
control and order,in the way footie is run,keep it someway on Planet earth.
But I think that ship has sailed to be honest,like you say the PL.Sky,now BT,basically
run football at the top table,and are creating a fantasy version of the game.
Sorry, probably have created a fantasy version of the game.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

When Footballers are demanding £400,000 a week and expecting the fans to shell out hundreds(taking tickets,food,fares,merchandise,which is all well over priced) of pounds to watch a game,there is really something not right.

whu

Post by whu »

same the world over, they all know best when they've moved on and off the money train

whilst on it, they strap in and say fuck all
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Not our league i know but,
But Cristiano Ronaldo,Declared earnings of £191,000,000 for 2015...
If someone can explain to me how this is Morally and Ethical right,then i will admit
I'm on the wrong Planet.
Personally I find nothing wrong in people earning vast amounts of dosh,as long as they are
contributing to society,by employing other people,not maids and chauffeurs,but,factories,shops,
building housing estates,offices,setting up foundations for research.ETC.
Even the bloody bankers that we all hate, bring Billions into the UK.

But £500,000 a day to kick a ball around.....

I sincerely hope that footballers on this type of money ARE giving something back..