who to believe

Chat about anything football related here!
blackcountryhammer

Re : who to believe

Post by blackcountryhammer »

cheers for the life story gonzo ha ha,good answer though mate

Heathrow1

Post by Heathrow1 »

robelliott17 Hugh south on lol I had a major run in with him in twitter a few years back regarding the andy Carroll transfer.I called it six weeks before Carroll signed only for southen to say I was talking utter rubbish then when Carroll signed he took the credit saying he knew all along the blokes a fraud

palerider

Re: who to believe

Post by palerider »

Who to believe this morning features the Mirror and the Mail.

The Mirror are claiming that the Baggies are offering Saido Berahinho to us in a straight swap for Sakho. Whereas the Mail say that Stoke are in talks with them to sign Berahinho for 5 million.

So one paper reckons he's worth 15, the other 5. He's available for nothing in a year's time.

So do you believe a left-leaning rag or a right-leaning semi-rag ? It's like the EU referendum.

blackcountryhammer

Post by blackcountryhammer »

to be honest I wouldn't believe either, but I'd swap sakho for berahino any day

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I'll tell you what I do know that never made it into the press. West Brom bid £15m for Sakho last January so I'd be amazed if Pulis just stood aside and let Sunderland have a free run. I fully expect him to go there if he stays in this country.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

Gonzo wrote:
blackcountryhammer wrote:I assume some of u guys know exwhuemployee and c h,both giving different stories about our rb position,which one is more reliable?

I speak to Hugh at least twice each day, he has known David Gold for 50 years and used to be David Sullivans editor at the Daily Sport. Myself and Geo now do some video work for the club and the only reason we do so is because of Hugh spoke to David Sullivan about us. If Hugh has said that we are still looking for a RB it is because he has been told so by the very highest sources at the club. He also has the number of just about every agent and journo out there and only last week put me in touch with Barry Silkman and Daren Lewis to confirm a story.

Also don't discount Sean Whetstone who is associate editor o C&H and regularly speaks to club officials, anyone not on his mobile phone ain't worth knowing.

Geo speaks to Ex almost as much as I speak to Hugh and he is also very well briefed. Ex gets excellent scouting reports so often knows who we are looking at way before we sign them and like Hugh has a number of sources. He also speaks to the Sullivan boys on a regular basis and they have done work for his website too.

In answer to your question they both have good contacts in the club.

If Ex does not think we are signing a RB then it is because there are probably none being scouted right now. Believe who you want but both are trying the best they can with the knowledge at hand.
You should all get together and have a 'menage a quatre'............... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote:
blackcountryhammer wrote:I assume some of u guys know exwhuemployee and c h,both giving different stories about our rb position,which one is more reliable?

I speak to Hugh at least twice each day, he has known David Gold for 50 years and used to be David Sullivans editor at the Daily Sport. Myself and Geo now do some video work for the club and the only reason we do so is because of Hugh spoke to David Sullivan about us. If Hugh has said that we are still looking for a RB it is because he has been told so by the very highest sources at the club. He also has the number of just about every agent and journo out there and only last week put me in touch with Barry Silkman and Daren Lewis to confirm a story.

Also don't discount Sean Whetstone who is associate editor o C&H and regularly speaks to club officials, anyone not on his mobile phone ain't worth knowing.

Geo speaks to Ex almost as much as I speak to Hugh and he is also very well briefed. Ex gets excellent scouting reports so often knows who we are looking at way before we sign them and like Hugh has a number of sources. He also speaks to the Sullivan boys on a regular basis and they have done work for his website too.

If Ex does not think we are signing a RB then it is because there are probably none being scouted right now. Believe who you want but both are trying the best they can with the knowledge at hand.
That's good to know . Assuming your last point about no RB being scouted at the mo is close to the mark then it could mean the RB or rb's they are after may have already been identified and are waiting for the right time to pounce lol .
Bring back Jonathon !

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

i like ex he seems to be right on the ball

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

That's good to know . Assuming your last point about no RB being scouted at the mo is close to the mark then it could mean the RB or rb's they are after may have already been identified and are waiting for the right time to pounce lol .

I wouldn't be surprised.

The trouble is that both Ex and Hugh can get it wrong because things change even though they have been told something.

At the end of last season myself and Red were told directly by a very high source in the club that we were seriously interested in Ibrahimovic. I spoke to Hugh who also knew but he said he was not going to publish and myself and Red rarely get involved in ITK stuff anyway.

Anyway, Ex decided to run with the story and in the meantime Zlatan turned us down and the chairman told Sky that we were not interested in the player. Was he wrong? No . . . . . . but he certainly looked like he got it wrong.

Same with the Oxford bid, an agent with an agenda told Ex that we had received a bid from Man U. We immediately checked with a very reliable club source who told us that there was no bid but the agent was touting him around everywhere.

Ex was probably very well briefed about the RB but reading between the lines I'd imagine we'll sign one

Heathrow1

Post by Heathrow1 »

sorry gonzo but I have no faith whatsoever in hs as I stated on here earlier regarding the Carroll transfer