who to believe

Chat about anything football related here!
blackcountryhammer

who to believe

Post by blackcountryhammer »

I assume some of u guys know exwhuemployee and c h,both giving different stories about our rb position,which one is more reliable?

IrishIron

Re: who to believe

Post by IrishIron »

I'd go by the ex.. almost always spot on with itk info.. plus id rather we don't sign a rb and give Antonio a good go at it.. he is very good going fwd and with time and a greater understanding of the defensive side of things he can really make it his own

Towie

Post by Towie »

Disagree IrishIron, Antonio is like a fish out of water in the RB position and cost us a few goals end of season.
Also his mistakes cost us cup game exit against Man Utd, though most of the team didn't turn up for that game.

I for one will be very disappointed if we don't sign an experienced recognised RB in the summer.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

blackcountryhammer

Re : who to believe

tbh c h has put a story on about Wba that I've been on about for about 3 weeks already,old news to me

blackcountryhammer

I'm with towie on this,im desperate for us to sign a rb,tbh I'd rather Byram played there than antonio

robelliott17

Post by robelliott17 »

Whatever you do don't let Hugh read this...I asked him about the issues once and he more or less ripped me a new one...
My view is we are all Hammers...we want sneaky (reliable) gossip as much as possible, as soon as possible. There's no need for the backbiting and arguing...we get enough of that off of the other teams fans.
In my experience they have both come up with some reliable stuff at times altho exwhu is more prolific.

blackcountryhammer

your secrets safe with me mate,I do get the feeling ex does seem to be more in the know though

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Bilic seems to almost be in a minority of one when it comes to Antonio at RB (albeit a very important one)!!!!

Personally think Tomkins does fine there and Byram needs to be given opportunities/time there so ITS NOT priority for me (because love him or loathe him there you can deploy Antonio if necessary there)!!

As somebody else mentioned somewhere "perhaps Bilic is thinking more 3 at the back" next year?! which may well see Antonio as the wing back on the right!!! (wouldnt be my choice of formation but I doubt Bilic will lose an awful lot of sleep regarding that)!!!

Personally would worry if hes going to persist and play him there as "his number one RB" in a flat back 4!!!

But either way RB is not a"a priority signing" for me.

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Neither......both guessing and hoping to be right to enhance their reps as ITKs

Unless either can mind read Bilic or either is actually Bilic then all will be with a pinch of salt.

Why does not buying a RB before July mean we will use Antonio there and not Byram who the club made clear they were keeping for this season rather than last ?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

blackcountryhammer wrote:I assume some of u guys know exwhuemployee and c h,both giving different stories about our rb position,which one is more reliable?

I speak to Hugh at least twice each day, he has known David Gold for 50 years and used to be David Sullivans editor at the Daily Sport. Myself and Geo now do some video work for the club and the only reason we do so is because of Hugh spoke to David Sullivan about us. If Hugh has said that we are still looking for a RB it is because he has been told so by the very highest sources at the club. He also has the number of just about every agent and journo out there and only last week put me in touch with Barry Silkman and Daren Lewis to confirm a story.

Also don't discount Sean Whetstone who is associate editor o C&H and regularly speaks to club officials, anyone not on his mobile phone ain't worth knowing.

Geo speaks to Ex almost as much as I speak to Hugh and he is also very well briefed. Ex gets excellent scouting reports so often knows who we are looking at way before we sign them and like Hugh has a number of sources. He also speaks to the Sullivan boys on a regular basis and they have done work for his website too.

In answer to your question they both have good contacts in the club.

If Ex does not think we are signing a RB then it is because there are probably none being scouted right now. Believe who you want but both are trying the best they can with the knowledge at hand.