Payet

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: If Payet

Post by eskimo joe »

Gonzo wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:He's got all the adulation,success and dough he'll ever need with us

What would induce him to leave ? Well I guess the only thing that can improve his life is being around his mates and relatives. so I would guess that he will only be tempted by a move to a French club.

Champions Lg would be the only thing that I can think of Mike
It would be an easy choice for me to make, I would much rather be at I place I know hold me in such adulation than at a place where I might also get a run out. Wouldn't want to be cog number two .

But it's not, and if both Mike and Gonz are to be correct there would only really be one viable option. Let's hope the price is too high a one to pay.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

grandad

Post by grandad »

HammerJammer wrote:Ignore the N17 cuntox.
Instructions below.
thanks for that mate now done
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning,
Imo the board will resist as long as possible, if it looks as if we cannot achieve Champions league they will consider selling, I still look at the bigger picture, sure I love Payet but it's a squad game losing your best to strengthen 3 or 4 positions cannot be ignored.

palerider

Post by palerider »

garnett wrote:Morning,
Imo the board will resist as long as possible, if it looks as if we cannot achieve Champions league they will consider selling, I still look at the bigger picture, sure I love Payet but it's a squad game losing your best to strengthen 3 or 4 positions cannot be ignored.
My thoughts as well.

He could go in January. 'Ridiculous money' was the quote.

Some clubs pay ridiculous money.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Mikeveep wrote:He's got all the adulation,success and dough he'll ever need with us

What would induce him to leave ? Well I guess the only thing that can improve his life is being around his mates and relatives. so I would guess that he will only be tempted by a move to a French club.
As usual, a sensible and considered post Mike. In France, he has gone from virtual unknown to the name on everyone's lips in no time at all.

I agree with you largely - although maybe the attraction of Barca or the like may be tempting. Regardless, I hope it's not until after the first season in the OS. But maybe I'm kidding myself :(
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

mmm

We can refuse Chelsea, City - easy

Not sure he would go to Real, as game time would not be guaranteed

However, if PSG come in, he will go, no doubt

I just feel that every goal he scores, sees another nail go in. I'd be happy with a muscle pull, and out of the Tournament
Covid in the Boardroom

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Guess we better make good use of him up to January then.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Really don't want to sound like the numbers retard, but I genuinely think that Payet went missing in some of the tougher games, if the opportunity to go to a 'bigger' club arises I think he will be gone. I think at the same time of loving being the big cheese he also struggled with the pressure.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ironworksfc wrote:Really don't want to sound like the numbers retard, but I genuinely think that Payet went missing in some of the tougher games, if the opportunity to go to a 'bigger' club arises I think he will be gone. I think at the same time of loving being the big cheese he also struggled with the pressure.
Payet isnt really a God you know. And yes he, like many have, went missing for one reason or another. Maybe he did struggle with the pressure, and im gonna make excuses for him.

The prem doesnt oblige a player with as much time on the ball as the continent, his first season and adapting. How many times have we made the same excuse for others. And being fair, he has coped better than most, as is the case with Lanzini. He is at the moment handling himself better in the Euros, and he himself stated that he learnt a lot being with us.

If he is with us the entire of next season we will see how far he has come. One prays that he will be, but que sera sera.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Ironworksfc wrote:Really don't want to sound like the numbers retard, but I genuinely think that Payet went missing in some of the tougher games, if the opportunity to go to a 'bigger' club arises I think he will be gone. I think at the same time of loving being the big cheese he also struggled with the pressure.

Then it begs the question of which player out there can display the same talent, give 100% consistency and of course come to West Ham?

Aguero is a class act but can disappear from games and is injury prone so I guess that rules him out.

Sanchez looks a fine player as does Silva but it could be argued that they disappeared more times than Payet last season.

Bale is very consistent but an unrealistic target also.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a player that we could swap for Payet who could be guaranteed not to go missing in the odd game or two. I would have said Mahrez but he seemed to have a dip in form too.

I can't honestly think of a realistic way to sell Payet and improve because if you sell Payet you can't replace him with potential. . . . . It has to be a world class player who can hit the ground running because that's what we have now.