Euro Quiz with West Ham interest

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Euro Quiz with West Ham interest

Post by BillyDWhizz »

OZHAMMER wrote:I know England played a friendly against Australia at UP years ago... we won 3-1 I think?
Ahhh I was at this game. Wayne Rooney's debut and the ummm 'great' Franny Jeffers was our goalscorer. An England team that also included Ledley King, Danny Mills and Darius Vassell if I remember correctly. Ex Hammers favourite Stan Lazaridis got an assist in that game I think.

13 years later and Not much has changed in the England set up to be honest. Still picking players that have no right to be wearing the shirt.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Don't England. V Germany Legends count as an international?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

Ok.

1,2 & 4 you got.

Upson

Les Ferdinand, Stuart Pearce. Ince & Sheringham. The keepers in Euro 96 were Seaman, Flowers & Ian Walker.

England, Croatia & Switzerland.

No,3 the answer is 5. Albania, Russia, Iceland, Turkey & Poland. Iceland's Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson was on our books and was reputed to be the best thing since sliced herring. But he never played for us and went out on loan to Cheltenham. Technically you could include junior matches but I haven't. And also friendlies, so Turkey's Colin Kazim-Richards could feature as he was with us on trial. But again no.

Some notable single appearances. Hungary's Robert Kurucz made his only senior appearance as a sub in a 0-4 defeat to Manure.

Slovakia's Vladimir Labant was arguably the best player ever to play for us. Ukraine supplied Sergei Rebrov and Belgium Francois van der Elst. The Czech Republic Radoslav Kovac and before they split with Slovakia some bloke who came from near Moscow. Valon Behrami from Switzerland and Emanuel Pogatetz from Austria who was almost as good as Labant,

No. 5. Adrian San Miguel de Castilla is the only first choice PL keeper from London not in Euro 16.