Current Best Premier Manager.

Chat about anything football related here!

Best Manager

Slaven Bilic
8%
Antonio Conte
30%
Pep Guardiola
5%
Jurgen Klopp
38%
Jose Mourinho
No votes
Mauricio Pottchetino
3%
Tony Pulis
3%
Claudio Ranieri
No votes
Arsene Wenger
14%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 37

mkhammer

Re: Current Best Premier Manager.

Post by mkhammer »

Wenger for me ,great effort to keep your team consistently near the top,while playing superb football.
And the only guy to achieve the pinnacle in league footie IMO,the unbeaten season.
Only second to Ferguson as best ever.

whu

Post by whu »

Based on performance, Conte. He always has a plan B if needed and is getting the best from players Mourinho couldn't.

I like Klopp and long term it may well be him but he's been in the seat longer than Conte.
Admittedly, Conte inherited a better squad than Klopp.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Has to be Wenger. Others come and go but to sustain a level that he has over that long a time gets my vote.

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Bit of a Mauricio nutkins love in going on reading some comments. He has taken the spuds out of the Champions league in an average group. Bar Wanyama his signings weren't brilliant, remember Jansen,takes a decent penalty.
I went for Wenger,consistently in top four,and has taken a lot of unfair stick from greedy gooners.COYI

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote:Pochettino for me. Has, by far the smallest budget of the clubs he's competing with. gives his likely youngsters the opportunity to see what they can do and plays a decent, watchable brand of football.

Destined for bigger things is our Mauricio imo.
Sorry but any manager who spends £30m on sissokho needs their brain testing.
Begs the question what would he buy with a bigger budget.

Spuds transfer policy in the summer is on a par with ours. rubbish!!!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

whu

Post by whu »

The fact that on a seasonal basis quite a high percentage of Arsenal ST holders want him gone, would argue against Wenger. The fact that he doesn't really challenge for title or CL with the money he can spend if he wants to, doesn't make him top boy for me.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I really wouldnt know where to start....

We can judge our own managers because we know exactly what they have to work with but its impossible for me to know who else is getting the best from their squads.

Not a level playing field, is it?

All I can judge them on is the public faces we see on the box, whether they talk a good game and have an acceptable disposition,"smile a lot" There are a lot who fall under that desciption at the moment. Klopp probably the best.

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

Wanted Klopp to manage West Ham 2 seasons ago but we weren't ambitious enough apparently. He has unrivalled passion, enthusiasm and energy.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Conte and Klopp are my fav premier league managers. I voted for Billic because he did a real number on them in that dressing room after the first half and they regained confidence and shape.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote:Conte for me. Klopp is impressing me more and more, I lost a little admiration for him in his final season at Dortmund-I watch a decent bit of German football and that side was shocking given the talent. But conte is just a tactician and a bloody good one. Isn't afraid to set his side up to prey on an opponents weakness and also to try and stifle their stength, so simple but yet for some reason, not THAT many managers do it.

Koeman would probably be up there for me as well, taans asked who we would want as a gaffer here and while id prefer Howe here, I think Koeman is the better manager, less naive. Id like to see him as next Arsenal manager.
Just out of curiosity if you rate Koeman as a better manager than Howe why would you prefer to see Howe in charge of us? :o
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?