Andy Carroll

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Andy Carroll

Post by ToneLoc »

Post from C&H......
http://www.claretandhugh.info/carroll-w ... -going-on/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Indeed "what IS going on"???
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Taansend

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Taansend »

He's waiting for Bilic to sign a new contact

palerider

Post by palerider »

He hopes to be fit for the Cheltenham festival.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

To be perfectly honest I just wish he'd fuck off. Or more to the point that we pay up his contract and fuck him off. I am fed up reading about his off field lifestyle and his fitness problems. The bloke has been a total waste of space and money since the day he walked through the door imo. 57 appearances, some of them only a few minutes, in 3 and a half seasons since signing. Not taking into account the bloke's wages that's around £280 grand per appearance for the transfer fee alone. And just shy of £1 million, yes i fucking million, per goal. And how many of those goals were key goals?

Add in the wages that he has--- errr "earned" :lol: and it really is eye watering. Surely the worst piece of business we have ever been guilty of as a club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Taranis

Post by Taranis »

Whiskyman wrote:To be perfectly honest I just wish he'd fuck off. Or more to the point that we pay up his contract and fuck him off. I am fed up reading about his off field lifestyle and his fitness problems. The bloke has been a total waste of space and money since the day he walked through the door imo. 57 appearances, some of them only a few minutes, in 3 and a half seasons since signing. Not taking into account the bloke's wages that's around £280 grand per appearance for the transfer fee alone. And just shy of £1 million, yes i fucking million, per goal. And how many of those goals were key goals?

Add in the wages that he has--- errr "earned" :i am genuinely amused: and it really is eye watering. Surely the worst piece of business we have ever been guilty of as a club.
Fuck me, when you put the financial figures down like that it becomes quite an eye opener. Yeah, time to let go if we can, and this is one of the reasons I would be wary of Sturridge, great player when fit but he does seem to spend a fair amount of time on the doctors table!
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so...

DanDruff

Post by DanDruff »

Taranis wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:To be perfectly honest I just wish he'd fuck off. Or more to the point that we pay up his contract and fuck him off. I am fed up reading about his off field lifestyle and his fitness problems. The bloke has been a total waste of space and money since the day he walked through the door imo. 57 appearances, some of them only a few minutes, in 3 and a half seasons since signing. Not taking into account the bloke's wages that's around £280 grand per appearance for the transfer fee alone. And just shy of £1 million, yes i fucking million, per goal. And how many of those goals were key goals?

Add in the wages that he has--- errr "earned" :i am genuinely amused: and it really is eye watering. Surely the worst piece of business we have ever been guilty of as a club.
Fuck me, when you put the financial figures down like that it becomes quite an eye opener. Yeah, time to let go if we can, and this is one of the reasons I would be wary of Sturridge, great player when fit but he does seem to spend a fair amount of time on the doctors table!
Can we just put Carroll down and make a claim on his life insurance?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

But Christmas is coming.
Surely everyone loves a Christmas Carroll. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Noni

Post by Noni »

At least he's our only striker to score a goal!! :roll: :D, ok maybe not this year!! :(

JayK

Post by JayK »

100% agree he needs to go and I felt the same last season too!!

"When" he's fit, he's a great player and I love him to bits......BUT it angers and saddens me in equal measure because we rarely see him and even less in peak condition.

Some of his goals have been key though. To name just a few on the top of my head (coz my memory is pretty shit to be fair) are last seasons. 3 v Arsenal, 1 v Chelsea, 1 v Leicester, 1 v Southampton. All very important goals in my opinion.

Back to the initial question of "what is going on?" I hope he's not been playing because a deal is already done with the Chinese and we just gotta keep him injury free til January.....maybe. On the flip side of this thought, didn't Sullivan say he still has the £20mil from the summer for a striker? What's the betting, if we do sell Carroll for £20mil, we won't be seeing any more than £20mil being spent.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote:

100% agree he needs to go and I felt the same last season too!!

"When" he's fit, he's a great player and I love him to bits......BUT it angers and saddens me in equal measure because we rarely see him and even less in peak condition.

Some of his goals have been key though. To name just a few on the top of my head (coz my memory is pretty shit to be fair) are last seasons. 3 v Arsenal, 1 v Chelsea, 1 v Leicester, 1 v Southampton. All very important goals in my opinion.

Back to the initial question of "what is going on?" I hope he's not been playing because a deal is already done with the Chinese and we just gotta keep him injury free til January.....maybe. On the flip side of this thought, didn't Sullivan say he still has the £20mil from the summer for a striker? What's the betting, if we do sell Carroll for £20mil, we won't be seeing any more than £20mil being spent.
They won't spend any £20m on a striker in January Jay . Not the £20m from the summer OR the £20m they might get for Carroll if somebody was stupid enough to buy him.
Bring back Jonathon !