Andy Carroll

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote:
JayK wrote:
100% agree he needs to go and I felt the same last season too!!

"When" he's fit, he's a great player and I love him to bits......BUT it angers and saddens me in equal measure because we rarely see him and even less in peak condition.

Some of his goals have been key though. To name just a few on the top of my head (coz my memory is pretty shit to be fair) are last seasons. 3 v Arsenal, 1 v Chelsea, 1 v Leicester, 1 v Southampton. All very important goals in my opinion.

Back to the initial question of "what is going on?" I hope he's not been playing because a deal is already done with the Chinese and we just gotta keep him injury free til January.....maybe. On the flip side of this thought, didn't Sullivan say he still has the £20mil from the summer for a striker? What's the betting, if we do sell Carroll for £20mil, we won't be seeing any more than £20mil being spent.
They won't spend any £20m on a striker in January Jay . Not the £20m from the summer OR the £20m they might get for Carroll if somebody was stupid enough to buy him.
Well yeah I know mate.......but if they did :)
COYI!!!

grandad

Post by grandad »

Newmarket wrote:
JayK wrote:
100% agree he needs to go and I felt the same last season too!!

"When" he's fit, he's a great player and I love him to bits......BUT it angers and saddens me in equal measure because we rarely see him and even less in peak condition.

Some of his goals have been key though. To name just a few on the top of my head (coz my memory is pretty shit to be fair) are last seasons. 3 v Arsenal, 1 v Chelsea, 1 v Leicester, 1 v Southampton. All very important goals in my opinion.

Back to the initial question of "what is going on?" I hope he's not been playing because a deal is already done with the Chinese and we just gotta keep him injury free til January.....maybe. On the flip side of this thought, didn't Sullivan say he still has the £20mil from the summer for a striker? What's the betting, if we do sell Carroll for £20mil, we won't be seeing any more than £20mil being spent.
They won't spend any £20m on a striker in January Jay . Not the £20m from the summer OR the £20m they might get for Carroll if somebody was stupid enough to buy him.
We be lucky to get a million for him he is made of fucking glass i think
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Hope he stays fit for the remainder. We will start scoring again if he is fit.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Castiron wrote:Hope he stays fit for the remainder. We will start scoring again if he is fit.
It would be great if he and Sakho stayed fit.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

grandad wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
We be lucky to get a million for him he is made of fucking glass i think
His made of a Glass of lager I hear ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Really ?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... bilic-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote:Really ?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... bilic-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't see it happening. Can't even see him risked for the bench
COYI!!!

Oldun

Post by Oldun »

My guess is that Mr Carroll has been fit for some time but for other reasons we have not played him.
I have no knowledge of anything but something does not add up.

Lyalls Cockney Kings

Post by Lyalls Cockney Kings »

This is now classic Dean Ashton.

He clearly has a very dodgy injury and just like with Ashton the club are quiet on it. He will pull up in his first game back and this time in a year or two he will be retired.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Probably play 10 games this year and will still be our top striker who has scored the most goals! How sad is that???
Who do you get rid of? A striker that plays 35 games and scores 3 goals or Andy who plays say 10 games and scores 5.
Maybe we should sell the lot and start over:) Then we might have enough to buy Zaza HAHAHAHAH
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!